PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

udayse is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide: ANDROID TP2 CDMA TIPS/FAQ’s Sept. 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Even again! (rep & posts :>)) LOL sorry.. still think it's really freaky we're sitting @ the same. I certainly didn't try it.. at first.. but when you said something about an echo, I looked for something you restated of someone elses.. & then I looked & saw your posts & rep... couldn't resist!!! (I am guilty of a slight adjustment once today... done :>))

OK in a PM can get more into detail, but... others have reported perhaps more issues with Blazen. You've picked the Droid that's pushing the envelop... (kinda like an Energy 23xxx ROM) You may want to try the other one for starters. Also, are you OC'd? Can't remember but I thought Blazen OC's by default. Edit the startup.txt & take it out for testing if it's in... let me know

also, don't mess with SIM right now... everything @ basic levels.. take out.

One thing I did... take an old 1 or 2 gig SIM, copy the stuff to your PC hard drive & get use to deleting & restarting.

Quickway: On a newly formatted 2 gig card (not the attached llllooooong format, just windows) make a directory called droid builds... copy all 3 of them in there (blazen, reference, & the one in step #2). the 1st 2 use a directory, the last doesn't That's OK.. expand each & run... you can mark your setup.txt & default.txt files as read only (or not) & keep them in the droidbuild dir. After expanding the one you want... copy the startup & default (w/o the OC lines in) to the same dir as haret is in.

Then test away & try stuff on each, make a record of what works in what build... most stuff should work in all!
For example, I've got the step 3 (XDANDROID.2.2.AOSP.3.9.10.RC.2.2.system.7z) build working on a 1gig with tethering working... still haven't got it on the others.. but I haven't tried much either.. will sit & put some time in & get a for sure method soon.

*EDIT* oh yea.. for some reason once in my testing I couldn't get data, restarted & ran the GUI, select your keyboard... most important, check "Force cdma". Then it booted fine?? dunno
THis is the clearest info i have ever seen about this issue. Thank you for posting
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

No worries, glad to help, thanked... I still haven't got the tethering down to a science yet, have it working on step V.2. (not 3 as I previously posted), but can't duplicate it!! I'm using another formatted 1GB SD, same build, same tether, same startup.txt, EVERYTHING... spent hours (days) on it & can't get it working again (on any build).

So, I finally gave up & simply copied all the files from my working sound & tether build onto my other 8GB (class 6) that I use with my Windows stuff.. into \andboot directory, and added the relpath statement (bottom of post 1)... works fine.

Options (post 1) V. 2 & 3 droid builds use the root directory by default, but I don't like all that mess of files in there... cleaned it up...

Last edited by teradog; 10-14-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:17 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
having a problem with the launcher pro i guess the one i was using expired now whenever i load up android a webpage tellin me the newer versions of it to save but when i try to save it it says theres no sd card in the phone and i cant do anything else when i try to go back to the home screen the webpage loads back up so i cant do anything....what can i do?
Just re DL the whole new package... sometimes I've had issues with the update prog as well. Reformat another old 1 GIG SD (or go buy one for 4 bucks..) DL the latest build.. it seems like a nightmare, but it's actually quite fast to take another card run the cab & go... MANY people have had issues with the cabs & MANY report DLing RAR, expanding on PC & copying over to SD much more reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcxl View Post
looks like there has been a lot of great work making Android come alive on TP2. I'm seriously considering trying this when I have free time this weekend.
I'm curious... are you all using Android as your primary phone OS or is this just for fun?
I don't run it as much as I thought... been WAY to busy trying to keep up with NRGZ28 & all the Energy ROMs he's been flooding us with lately!!!

The guy is OFF THE CHART. He's dumped hundreds of ROM builds in multiple languages, multiple devices, both 6.5 & 6.5.x on us in the last couple weeks!!!! Many of us are NOT moving to another device as his latest (settings selectable!) startmenu replacement with MS OS latest 21681 6.5.x build is giving us 100MB free RAM!!!! WITH Cookie & Sense! With Over Clocking & all this, why buy new... unreal

Grab a cheapo 1, 2, or 4gig (under 10 bux) it only takes 10 min... not a weekend! Good luck
all thanked

Last edited by teradog; 10-14-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

I've been using the Froyo 2.2 on my TP 2 for the past week now. I love it, I'm rather reluctant to use winmo anymore but I have to. It's not ready for prime time daily usage just yet. As someone previously mentioned, if you need to use it for business or lots or for very essential needs then using it 100% of the time is going to be a real challenge. There's still no bluetooth support, the camera doesn't have a driver and though seldom it crashes every now and again. If your a heavy multi-tasker like myself and you don't need to use it for business then by all means you can use this more than 60% of the time. It's just much more seamless and intuitive then winmo. It'll take getting used to but once you do, you won't really want to go back. I am dual booting as I'm sure many folks are doing the same. It's definitely more than just a weekend plaything though. Cheers to the developers you've done a great job!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: vzw

7one8 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
I just have 1 issue right now with ProjectAndroid Froyo 2.2 Reference. I carefully followed the instructions.

My mobile network & data will not work. Doesn't work without the SIM card in the phone and it doesn't work with the SIM card in & my network forced to CDMA Only. What do I do?
try sim out, the network forced to CDMA, and just leave it alone n let it load .. should work fine ..
Old 10-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: Simple Guide: ANDROID TP2 CDMA TIPS/FAQ’s Oct. 2010

Maybe something that should be added to the FAQ is that if you want to use Google Voice to dial out, you have to modify your startup.txt set cmdline to include the following:
"north_am_dialing=1"
Old 10-20-2010, 12:48 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Maybe something that should be added to the FAQ is that if you want to use Google Voice to dial out, you have to modify your startup.txt set cmdline to include the following:
"north_am_dialing=1"
done.. near bottom under startup.txt, thanks/d.. anyone else let me know of good tips & info... plz
Old 10-29-2010, 02:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

slick78 is a n00b

i just installed the android and i get it to launch but i get no connection. i cant make a call or get internet it says network isn't available. can someone please help?
Old 10-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Pop out the SIM card and check force cdma in the startup utility or force cdma=1 is in the startup text.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

slick78 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Pop out the SIM card and check force cdma in the startup utility or force cdma=1 is in the startup text.

great, that worked. if you dont mind now the gps isn't working and it said it should work when i downloaded it. is there a fix that you know of that i can try?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2