View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 09:37 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide: ANDROID TP2 CDMA TIPS/FAQ’s Sept. 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcxl View Post
looks like there has been a lot of great work making Android come alive on TP2. I'm seriously considering trying this when I have free time this weekend.

I'm curious... are you all using Android as your primary phone OS or is this just for fun?
There are some brave souls that use it full-time... I say the less you use your phone as a phone, the better off you are - because most things work well, but the phone function has its issues...

With the newest battery improvements, and the patches to come make it possible to run it all day. There's also a flashable version (**NOTE** not a full NAND) if you want to completely get rid of WinMo, but that version is a little bit behind the 'normal' version of Android - the one that runs entirely off of the SD.

So if you did want to run it full time, it's certainly possible - but I wouldn't recommend it if you depend on your phone for business calls, or need it to wake you up in the morning
This post has been thanked 1 times.