PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 10:53 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide: ANDROID TP2 CDMA TIPS/FAQ¡¯s Oct. 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Well howdydo teradog. Just thought I'd stop inand let you know that I got bored studying and decided to load android on my TP2.
Thanks for your tutorial which made it a painless and easy process!
David
Hi Dave! Sorry so long to respond. Good to hear you are finally doing it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
....Took a study break for just 30 mins and have almost everything the way I want it. Was pretty much quicker than flashing a new ROM.
..Thanks for the welcome!
David
Great you got it working so fast... yea, funny "faster than burning a new rom".. ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Btw, being my first real android rodeo. Is there an easy way to transfer over contacts . Until then, ill be using the search box. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
If you have a Gmail account it imports all of your contacts calendars extra in the account sync feature under settings.
+1 google
2 of the nicest people on the forum, invincible & DaveTN! Unfortunately Invincible is leaving us for the EVO... (think I read that on another thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmanager View Post
HI All, I have the Droid up and running on my TP2...
Edit; Found solution after comparing some startup.txt files. Changed "gsensor_axis=-1,-2, 3" to "gsensor_axis=2, 1, 3" Now gsensor works as expected on my DroiDed TP2
Sorry, haven't been around.. I'll add that to the front page, thanks. I thought the startups I linked had that in.. will go see...
*edit*
In step I. #4 I linked to 3 startup.txt files all had the correct axis, also under step VII. I typed out a startup.txt, it too had the correct axis...

Last edited by teradog; 01-05-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

BethyM is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Simple Guide: ANDROID TP2 CDMA TIPS/FAQ’s March 2011 Updates

Thank you!! Have it up and running on my TP2 from Sprint. Loving my phone all over again. Never had the time to read all the threads to figure it out, so thank you for taking the time to lay it out nice and pretty!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: n/a

2niceguy is a n00b

Hi, i got error said: failed to load file\storagecard\zimage

Please help me out
Old 03-13-2011, 12:18 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

It would take much less time to delete it & run steps 1-6 again, follow closely the instructions... Ensure if you run haret to start, you use a startup.txt file for your device. Please try again & see what happens

*edit*
You have to be aware... some of the downloads put everything @ the root of your storage card, some & the ones I prefer put them under a directory called andboot/

Look at the startup.txt files in the first post, make sure you have this line "rel_path=andboot" in your startup.txt..

Also, try another build, you may have better luck!

Last edited by teradog; 03-13-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

ink718 is keeping up the good workink718 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718

Sorry, before I start reading all the posts, I just want to know if Android port is working 100% on the TP2?

Don't forget to say thanx! ;]
Old 03-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink718 View Post
Sorry, before I start reading all the posts, I just want to know if Android port is working 100% on the TP2?
Nope. If you want to know, basically everything is working except for the issues I listed here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...lds-3-7-a.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (rhodium 500)
Carrier: Verizon

pmcolman is a n00b
Question Question on Windows vs Android screen calibration coordinates

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
I. QUICK GUIDE: 6 easy steps below, then have fun!
3. Ensure you have a calibration file copied into the same directory as haret & startup.txt
1. The contents of Windows Mobile 6.5 calibration parameters from my Rhodium 500, according to CERegEditor key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH\Calibr ationData is:

509,524 808,845 801,201 222,199 213,846

which I am guessing just based on the physical calibration sequence must be:

center top-left bottom-left bottom-right top-right

2. The contents of Rhodium 500 android ts-calibration file is

which based on inspecting the number values might be:

bottom-left bottom-right center top-left top-right

3. I am assuming that the number pairs are:

(a) consistently interpreted by the two operating systems with respect to where they are on the screen, and

(b) coordinates which are x,y when the phone is held in portrait orientation

4. It is also interesting to note that the android file has commas between every number, but the Windows Mobile file has a space between each coordinate pair.

Can anyone who has read the code validate these observations?

Do the five points in each list correspond to exactly the same screen locations points based on their values, or are the values juxtaposed between Windows and Android?

Paul
Old 04-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

touchpro2_newbie is a n00b
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

can someone help me? i tried loading frx06 on my sprint touch pro 2 but when i tried booting it up, it stopped and said unable to open persistent property directory/data/property errno: 2 and i don't know if this has to do anything with it but on write error it says no space left on device
Old 04-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchpro2_newbie View Post
can someone help me? i tried loading frx06 on my sprint touch pro 2 but when i tried booting it up, it stopped and said unable to open persistent property directory/data/property errno: 2 and i don't know if this has to do anything with it but on write error it says no space left on device
Sounds like you don't have any space left on the device...

There needs to be at least 256mb free on the card - after moving everything from the build over. In the FAQ it mentions to have at least 480mb free, as the default data.img is 256mb.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo2
Carrier: Verizon

Sting32 is a n00b

Arrrrgh?

Can I please ask for a request of what "utils" you use, be posted on the 1st or second post please? I have tried several battery showing apps, and task managers, some seem to be ok, but 2 days ago, I read (somewhere I cannot find the post) that you were using some app for task manaagment? It goes without saying, you have done MARVELOUS work on these droid threads, sure as heck helped me a lot. So since you also seem to find the best apps, can you at least list them, so I know what to hunt for in market (or elsewhere)?

Thanks a huge amount.

I love this android on my TP2, but when I try a new build I have to reload all my apps, and without the old one running, I forget what all I need, liked, and what not (I know what I liked isnt your concern)... LOL but a couple 3 or 4 basic needs, like astro, and task manager, etc.

thanks.

Last edited by Sting32; 04-12-2011 at 10:53 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2