PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Glad GSM is workin for you now.

Orange = full wake

Green = full sleep

On WisTilt2's test kernels, there's a third state - blinking green = wakelock present - something preventing sleep in other words. adb, gps, etc will all generate wakelocks.

So if you're always solid orange, the phone isn't sleeping - at all. Make sure GPS is disabled, and there aren't any apps running wild.
I do have a new problem now. My phone can't receive cell signal after I rebooted. The phone is showing no service. I don't know what is changed between when it worked and now. Maybe you know a fix to this if not, I can just reinstall everything again.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
I do have a new problem now. My phone can't receive cell signal after I rebooted. The phone is showing no service. I don't know what is changed between when it worked and now. Maybe you know a fix to this if not, I can just reinstall everything again.
Well there is a bug in the newer kernels that only effects CDMA devices being used as GSM.

Basically when the screen turns off, the GSM radio turns off with it. WisTilt2 has a potential fix, but I need someone to test it.

However, if the radio appears off when the screen is on? That's an entirely different issue, and I'd check the normal things we already went over...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

atrinak is a n00b

Hi all,
I was able to get the froyo full bundle on here and I'm positive my wi-fi is turned on, but when I go to settings to turn on the Wi-Fi I just get an "Error" message.Is there a special way I need to be turning on wireless through Windows? I've already tried to reboot and reset, but nothing has worked.Help,please?
Old 04-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrinak View Post
Hi all,
I was able to get the froyo full bundle on here and I'm positive my wi-fi is turned on, but when I go to settings to turn on the Wi-Fi I just get an "Error" message.Is there a special way I need to be turning on wireless through Windows? I've already tried to reboot and reset, but nothing has worked.Help,please?
What do you mean turning on wireless thru Windows...?

If you're using an ad-hoc network, I don't think Android will see them. You said you're using the Froyo full bundle, I assume FRX06 - did you change anything? There's a lot of testing stuff flying around, and while wifi should work OOB for FRX06, if you're using some testing elements that might break wifi.

There's also a few rare souls who wifi has never worked no matter what they do - and they need to hack at the wifi-nvram.txt file. We can cross that bridge when the time is right.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: verizon

solnt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Well there is a bug in the newer kernels that only effects CDMA devices being used as GSM.

Basically when the screen turns off, the GSM radio turns off with it. WisTilt2 has a potential fix, but I need someone to test it.

However, if the radio appears off when the screen is on? That's an entirely different issue, and I'd check the normal things we already went over...
Hi arrrghhh
My phone is tp2 verizon, i'm using newest build 25-3 with gsm network.
- The first thing i meet is when the phone wakeup(orange led) it has signal but very weak(not in winmo with the same place), but when the phone turn into sleep mode and wake up again it show no service.
- The second thing is the battery draining quickly.
I don't know this is a bug or not.
Do you have any advice for me?
Thanks.

##Edit:
- Right now, my phone can receive signal from operator (GSM) when it wake, but when it's going to deep sleep and wake up after that, i noticed that i show "no service" and after few seconds it back to normal.
I guess that i will not receive any call or sms when it's sleep mode.
I will test with my friend and will update soon.
Thanks

Last edited by solnt; 04-28-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by solnt View Post
Hi arrrghhh
My phone is tp2 verizon, i'm using newest build 25-3 with gsm network.
- The first thing i meet is when the phone wakeup(orange led) it has signal but very weak(not in winmo with the same place), but when the phone turn into sleep mode and wake up again it show no service.
- The second thing is the battery draining quickly.
I don't know this is a bug or not.
Do you have any advice for me?
Thanks.

##Edit:
- Right now, my phone can receive signal from operator (GSM) when it wake, but when it's going to deep sleep and wake up after that, i noticed that i show "no service" and after few seconds it back to normal.
I guess that i will not receive any call or sms when it's sleep mode.
I will test with my friend and will update soon.
Thanks
Use kernel 1253 to avoid this bug.

For battery draining, make sure the phone is going into deep sleep correctly (solid green LED).
Old 04-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Lurker

solnt is a n00b

Thanks arrrghhh,
I'm using kernel 1253 now,this but camera is not function ,
Do you know when this bug is fixed with camera.

Besides, i don't see "H/3G" icon next by signal icon and after setup an APN with GSM network it's not working either.

sol

Last edited by solnt; 04-28-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thanks arrrghhh,
I'm using kernel 1253 now,this but camera is not function ,
Do you know when this bug is fixed with camera.

Besides, i don't see "H/3G" icon next by signal icon and after setup an APN with GSM network it's not working either.
Well yea that's the tradeoff. I think I'd rather be able to receive calls than use the camera, but pick your poison I guess. There's a really big clocks commit that somehow breaks it, and it hasn't been fixed yet in the newest kernels...

Also, you won't get an H icon without using the testing RIL, which will get merged soon to mainline.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Lurker

solnt is a n00b

Yeah, you're right.
I guess i will ignore the camera for know.
I am facing a new problem, i can't now setting up my APN.
My network is GSM , create new apn with all setting as winmo, check usb tethering
==> error: usb not connected. I cannot browser web as well.
I dont now how to check to see if the issue come from apn setting or a bug of this build.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Yeah, you're right.
I guess i will ignore the camera for know.
I am facing a new problem, i can't now setting up my APN.
My network is GSM , create new apn with all setting as winmo, check usb tethering
==> error: usb not connected. I cannot browser web as well.
I dont now how to check to see if the issue come from apn setting or a bug of this build.

Thanks
I'm confused by your comment. USB tethering doesn't work, at least not the build-in one.

For the APN to get saved, you have to enter in all the values correctly for your carrier - otherwise the APN will be ignored.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2