PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: windows
Carrier: sprint

milo32612 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/16] NEW FROYO BUILD V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryum View Post
Anyone here have a link to a youtube tutorial on how to install this?

I have tried the cab, and rar and both several different times and I can not get either to work at all on my tp2, I did try gen Y dual boot just to see and that does work.

Just not sure what the issue is here.

Hope this helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfxPj...os=N4ROtC7GXYI
Old 07-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/16] NEW FROYO BUILD V3

I'm doing something wrong with the blazn cab... I cleared my SD of all Android elements from previous builds (missed Reef's reply about Titanium backup lol) but I've now tried to install the new cab 4-5 times now and each time it starts to load haret, gives me the double vibration.... then freezes.

Not sure what else is wrong, I've cleared SD, and tried to install and re-install... no dice.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 07-18-2010, 12:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
I'm doing something wrong with the blazn cab... I cleared my SD of all Android elements from previous builds (missed Reef's reply about Titanium backup lol) but I've now tried to install the new cab 4-5 times now and each time it starts to load haret, gives me the double vibration.... then freezes.

Not sure what else is wrong, I've cleared SD, and tried to install and re-install... no dice.

Hey bud,

Try turning your OC down a bit. Ive had a lot of people letting me know 787MHz is a bit too high for most devices. Its in the startup.txt, and stock its set to 800000Khz. Try setting it down to like 725000 and see what it does, if you cant get it to boot, then to rule out the overclock take the line out of your startup.txt completely.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:59 AM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

thanks reef, trying it now. In the startup.txt I see an entry for lcd.density does that have any impact on touch sensitivity? just curious.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2, x50v
Carrier: Sprint

stcardinal is a n00b

I didn't bother to edit the startup.txt much except these two to get the build to run.

physkeyboard=tilt2 (to my device)
htc_hw.force_cdma=0 (to 1)

Now for my problems... I can't seem to get google maps to work. The screen is always white. Also, I can't get wifi to connect. Before with 2.1 it worked, but now it tries to connect but then disconnects. Does anyone know why? I have a Sprint tp2.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcardinal View Post
I didn't bother to edit the startup.txt much except these two to get the build to run.

physkeyboard=tilt2 (to my device)
htc_hw.force_cdma=0 (to 1)

Now for my problems... I can't seem to get google maps to work. The screen is always white. Also, I can't get wifi to connect. Before with 2.1 it worked, but now it tries to connect but then disconnects. Does anyone know why? I have a Sprint tp2.
Google maps IS working, you have maps set to satellite view im betting, and it has not gotten a true lock yet, and you are somewhere out of the coast of africa, zoom out about 10-15 times youll see. Not sure whats up with the wifi, works just fine for me
Old 07-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcardinal View Post
Also, I can't get wifi to connect. Before with 2.1 it worked, but now it tries to connect but then disconnects. Does anyone know why? I have a Sprint tp2.
Update the rootfs to the latest. The Update Utility didn't seem to work for me so I downloaded it from a link on the Project Andriod site. Rename the file to "rootfs" and overwrite the old one.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

KitsunePaws is a n00b

Well I posted this in the wrong thread before.

"Okay well I'm going to be laughed at for this. If I use any of the older 2.1 builds, I am able to install Storm8 games and play them using my own unique account (I think it's based off of device ID). However If I install a fresh 2.2 with no old data file there's already an existing Storm8 account loaded into the game Vampires Live. If I bring over my old data file from 2.1, I can continue to play on my account however the Market doesn't work. Any ideas on what I might be able to do?"

Does anybody else have any luck with using your data file from an older build and still being able to launch the market? Mine just goes to a white screen then back to the home. If i start with a fresh data file I can get into it, but Vampires live already has an account in it.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Post Master General

Just to follow-up, dropping the OC to 750000 got the blazn cab to work just fine for me! Loving the mods and refinements in this build.

I'll tell you what, once sound is fixed I'm ready to make xandroid my primary OS and only use winmo as the secondary and to utilize the camera (which truly I dont use all that often)

I've been a winmo/winCE guy for over 10 years so that's saying ALOT!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Just to follow-up, dropping the OC to 750000 got the blazn cab to work just fine for me! Loving the mods and refinements in this build.

I'll tell you what, once sound is fixed I'm ready to make xandroid my primary OS and only use winmo as the secondary and to utilize the camera (which truly I dont use all that often)

I've been a winmo/winCE guy for over 10 years so that's saying ALOT!!!
what he said. i cant WAIT for sound im gonna jump for joy and send reffer like 20 bucks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps