PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/01] FROYO BETA ADDED!

As for Blazin - using Linpack for Android, I am getting an average of about 4 MFLOPS compared to around 1 MFLOP with the prior 7/1 version, and about 2 MFLOPS with 2.1
Old 07-13-2010, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/01] FROYO BETA ADDED!

Hey Guys,
I not understanding how this is all working... When using this android rom on the TP2 are we using just the Android OS or are we using 2 OS's, Winmo and Android. Are we completely deleting the rom we have on right now and installing android? Can someone give me a quick overview? I am reading that wifi is not working and such so then why dont they switch back to winmo and do those thing then switch back to android....

Thanks is advanced and i hope this is not a dumb question.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Jackietreehorn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
Hey Guys,
I not understanding how this is all working... When using this android rom on the TP2 are we using just the Android OS or are we using 2 OS's, Winmo and Android. Are we completely deleting the rom we have on right now and installing android? Can someone give me a quick overview? I am reading that wifi is not working and such so then why dont they switch back to winmo and do those thing then switch back to android....

Thanks is advanced and i hope this is not a dumb question.

Sorry, I had a nice long post written out for you, but Firefox decided to crap out when submitting it, so it's all gone. The short gist of it...

Read the first few posts/FAQ, it's a wealth of knowledge on this. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114400

Short and quick answer: No, it's not a ROM, it's adding a second OS to run. When you boot Android, it closes down WM and boots Android entirely from your SD card. To get back to WM, just reboot and it'll automatically load back up. Wifi is...an ongoing issue that's being worked on.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
As for Blazin - using Linpack for Android, I am getting an average of about 4 MFLOPS compared to around 1 MFLOP with the prior 7/1 version, and about 2 MFLOPS with 2.1
Weird, on 7/1 I would get around 4.5 MFLOPS with nothing changed.. Haven't tried this one yet..

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
I've been able to boot at 824 MHz with no problems
lol I can boot it but it just crashes after 1 min or so 767 seems stable for me, it was as high as we'd go on our Hero's
Old 07-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am going back to the sense 2.1 version at least that version had the data working on it. I can get the data working on this version.

Please don't forget to thank me.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
I am going back to the sense 2.1 version at least that version had the data working on it. I can get the data working on this version.
I had the same problem, got mine working now. From Wozzer999@PPCG:
Setting up a mock APN worked for me. To do so, go to Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Press the Android Key > Name = "aaa", Server = "internet.com". Hit back, and enable it. It seemed to fix right away, but may need a reboot.
Thanks jtown for the tip!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

I am trying to use the Android 2.1 Version with Sense but I can't remove widgets. When i tap and hold the 'remove' button comes up but when i release it goes away and opens up the phone function. is there a trick to doing this?

also, with the startup utility, what does the 'Hardware 3D' option refer too?

Last edited by kern417; 07-13-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
I am trying to use the Android 2.1 Version with Sense but I can't remove widgets. When i tap and hold the 'remove' button comes up but when i release it goes away and opens up the phone function. is there a trick to doing this?

also, with the startup utility, what does the 'Hardware 3D' option refer too?
hardware 3d isnt fully funtional on our phones yet. its for 3d games etc.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; AOSP on XDANDROID MSM Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

To remove a widget, long press on the widget, then slide it down into the remove button (turns into a trash can).
Old 07-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; AOSP on XDANDROID MSM Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

To remove a widget, long press on the widget, then slide it down into the remove button (turns into a trash can).
OH MY GOD THANK YOU this was driving me insane
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps