PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/26] SOUND IS FIXED!

OMG!!!!

Who do I need to THANK??
Old 08-27-2010, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mikelittle24 is keeping up the good workmikelittle24 is keeping up the good work
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/26] SOUND IS FIXED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriddle04 View Post
Blzn cab and everytime I try and go to sound it only gives me silent?
Same problem for me. I even added an mp3 to Andboot\media\audio\ringtones and still can't select anything other than "silent" as a ringtone. I did notice that there were 4 .ogg files already in the directory, but I can't seem to set a ringtone.

The sound is working fine for other apps, and the hiss is gone with the latest module.

Thanks
Old 08-27-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
noone?
If I was to make a guess, and I will, video playback will continue to be poor until more work can be done on the video drivers. Maybe if there was some great player for android like coreplayer it might help but getting paid apps doesn't seem like an option. I don't know if there is acceleration for specific codecs like h.264 but there probably is and it is probably not on the tp2 yet. So since there are still more basic things that need fixing like battery life I wouldn't expect good video playback for a while. That is just my guess though, maybe video playback on android is nothing like wm so my logic is way off.
Programs: PocketIRC, Total Commander, Sprint Arcsoft MMS, Mocha FTP, GCzII, Groovemobile, Dotfred Taskmgr, Resco Radio, Kbd Controller, Explorer ext., Opera Mobile, Opera Mini 5, Skyfire, Bing, Azgard Tower defense, Palm Heros
Old 08-27-2010, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal34 View Post
From what I've read, on your SD card navigate to ANDBOOT\MEDIA\AUDIO folder where you should see three folders: alarms, notifications and ringtones. Put your mp3s in whichever folder is appropriate and you should be good to go.

Can't help you with the music player since mine found all of my mp3s and playlists on my card. Though all of my music is in a folder called Music, so maybe that's the ticket?
i tried this and still no dice.
when i use a file explorer to go to the media folder, it shows the 4 ringtones that are there by default, and it shows any mp3s i copy to the folder, and it will play any mp3 file i open with a file explorer...but silent is still the only ringtone option i have in the settings, and if i long click on a music file in explorer and select music options, both play and set as ringtone are still greyed out aand unselectable.
also, neither the default music player, or mortplayer recognize an SD card at all, as soon as i open the music app it says no SD card inserted. for the people that this work for, is your android installed to andboot, or root SD?
HTC Touch Pro
Current: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Stock 6.5/2.5

Last edited by kroewe; 08-27-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2phonejones View Post
whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i thought i was dreaming yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
A little excited? I bet your GF is not gonna be happy that your playing with ur phone al night instaed of her. LOL. Good luck w/ that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Here was the update I posted but nobody noticed for 3 hours lol...

Download it here

Or here
That becuz people are lazy and do not like to read.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2, x50v

stcardinal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
thanks for all the hard work on this!

now that sound is working, how can i get my mp3 ringtones to show up when i go into settings and select a ringtone? i tried searching all over the place but none of the suggestions have worked thus far.

also, i can't get any of my music on my storage card to show up in the default music player... i can navigate to the folders and play songs individually but can't get them to show up in the player automatically.

sorry if both of those issues have already been answered but i couldn't find anything by searching on this site.
I read over at XDA that you need to create a folder in MEDIA called "ringtones" all lower case. Then you put the files there and go to sound settings.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor

HOLY HELL! This is incredible!

We're sooooo close to being fully functional! Now just get the power under control and we're set!!!

I love the developers
Old 08-27-2010, 03:28 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrupalp View Post
I am on CDMA (sprint) TP2, which keyboard layout do i need to select at startup?

rhod400

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 08-27-2010, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

siff is becoming a great contributor

What a power hog! Works really well but damn is it fed well!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcardinal View Post
I read over at XDA that you need to create a folder in MEDIA called "ringtones" all lower case. Then you put the files there and go to sound settings.
I actually just used the music player widget that is on the second tab (swipe left) and then when you play a ringer you can click the "Use as Ringtone" and it makes it available.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps