PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 03:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/26] SOUND IS FIXED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlive View Post
Thanks for sound fixing with new update. Did you hear a slight noising in speaker all time? That sound can be heard even in silent mood.
There probably should be a note in the first post... otherwise we'll probably get this question every single page no matter how many times we tell people that the answer is a few pages back.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

MrPib is becoming a great contributor
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/26] SOUND IS FIXED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
Man this is great.. makes me want an epic even more now.. but i now i feel like i can hold on to my tp2 for a little longer.. one question.. is it normal to have very slow video playback.. or is that a known problem?
FYI, installing Rock Player doesn't help with video playback. It's not just slow -- there's no picture at all, until you pause and get a still. But at least I can *hear* the videos now!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bondosho is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
I was already using it daily before sound came on, i can live without BT and camera (for now though I'd like to try the ARG apps one day)

The biggest fish to fry now is power management imo followed by 3D drivers.
I'm constantly taking pictures, so I can't use it as a daily. I also use my device as a music player, so sound was an issue. Picking up the Epic 4g in a couple days, but I wouldn't mind having my TP2 Android-ized as my world phone.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Does anyone have any issues with No Service/Airplane mode turning on awhile after using Android?
It will work a whole day without any issues, then all of the sudden I get No Service (didn't install or really do anything different)
I have force_cdma=1 set in the default file...
I also went to Wireless & Network settings --> Mobile Networks --> Network operators --> And selected Select Automatically

Any Ideas?
This build works great besides that! Trying hard to use it full time!

PS...
I'm using ADW for my Home screen instead of Launcher Pro. And it works great!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Does anyone have any issues with No Service/Airplane mode turning on awhile after using Android?
It will work a whole day without any issues, then all of the sudden I get No Service (didn't install or really do anything different)
I have force_cdma=1 set in the default file...
I also went to Wireless & Network settings --> Mobile Networks --> Network operators --> And selected Select Automatically

Any Ideas?
This build works great besides that! Trying hard to use it full time!

PS...
I'm using ADW for my Home screen instead of Launcher Pro. And it works great!
ADW? Is that the app name I'd look for in marketplace or just initials?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 08-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
ADW? Is that the app name I'd look for in marketplace or just initials?
ADW.Launcher in the market place.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

I have the newest blazn. I'm having an issue where sometimes I got no data connection, but if I go ahead and make a call and retry data it works.

anyone else?
Old 08-30-2010, 01:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: sprint

fv0974 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to fv0974

love this build, only thing is battery drains quick besides that this is gr88 thank you
Old 08-30-2010, 03:50 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Does Google Maps crash anyones pho1ne? My phone always crashes. I formatted the SD card, and did a fresh install, still problematic.

Also, I'm constantly getting a crash error.

"The application Calendar Storage (process com.android.providers.calendar) has stopped unexpectidly. Please try again."

I am wondering if the phone is trying to sync a Google Calendar service, in which case I don't have that service. How would I disable the calendar sync? (assuming that is the problem)

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 08-30-2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

thayer is becoming a great contributor

i am also getting the stuck in airplane mode. works awesome in first boot but every following boot it stays in airplane mode. i can use wifi regardless. i am also getting the text error around the 3rd or 4th boot. there is an interim fix for that. save a copy of the text file in andboot folder and keep it handy someplace else. when you get that boot error just repaste it into the andboot file.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps