PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

siff is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/26] SOUND IS FIXED!

Does anyone have a clue on how to stop the buzzing and static noise from the phone? Damn now that I got what I was waiting for with the sound , I want the damn thing to shut up! Yea I know some people can't be happy......
Old 08-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/26] SOUND IS FIXED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siff View Post
Does anyone have a clue on how to stop the buzzing and static noise from the phone? Damn now that I got what I was waiting for with the sound , I want the damn thing to shut up! Yea I know some people can't be happy......
Stiff troubledrican provided a link two pages back

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakedoc34 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledrican View Post
Hey guys> So i installed the blazn froyo cab. I noticed something strange. There is a slight static noise coming from the loudspeaker. it is only loud enough to hear if the phone is close to your ear. Check it out i know im not crazy.

It is a known issue with an easy fix... here you go... http://www.mediafire.com/?qt98mbayd8zrbqu
Do I just unrar this to my windows directory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
replace this startup.txt I've attached with the one in your android folder. You're on Sprint as well so it will map your keyboard correctly.
Thanks but is it in the andboot forlder? I found the startup.txt in there.

Edit: I deleted the startup.txt and installed yours Ran android selected rhod400 and Still no service. Sim card is not in the phone.

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 08-27-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoihtah View Post
it's funny how my phone is buzzing randomly.
it's almost as if it's picking up some radio signals.
i'll let her talk all she wants... until the next update.
thank you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledrican View Post
Hey guys> So i installed the blazn froyo cab. I noticed something strange. There is a slight static noise coming from the loudspeaker. it is only loud enough to hear if the phone is close to your ear. Check it out i know im not crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siff View Post
Here was the update I posted but nobody noticed for 3 hours lol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Kernel update: Add workaround not to have rhod's speaker always on. Still need userspace's fix: In linux-on-qualco... http://bit.ly/aNl8AR
Download it here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
http://glemsom.users.anapnea.net/and...htc-msm-linux/ Download the newest package and replace the files in your andboot folder. This will take care of the hissing sound.

Also, be sure to rename the Zimage_2010etcetcetc to zImage and delete the old modules file
Or here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stcardinal View Post
I'll going to upload the Blazin.rar. Hold up a Sec.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3826XB1S

Last edited by one80oneday; 08-27-2010 at 10:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

satish5551 is a n00b

Thank you Guys for all your hard work..............

You guys rock......................
Old 08-27-2010, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work

Does anyone know if it is possible to enable the headphone jack to listen to music while on android? i tried it but the sound just keeps going through the speakers. ANd awesome freakin work! i have been eyeing these threads since february and wow its awesome to see you guys overcome and make it happen luv it!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Sound was a beast for all to work on, and now that it is working, the developers can turn their attention to solidifying Power Management/Battery measurement and the 3D/OpenGL work. Camera and Bluetooth would be nice but I haven't seen a huge outpouring from the community to put those on the frontburner.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Sound was a beast for all to work on, and now that it is working, the developers can turn their attention to solidifying Power Management/Battery measurement and the 3D/OpenGL work. Camera and Bluetooth would be nice but I haven't seen a huge outpouring from the community to put those on the frontburner.
agreed, camera and BT are very low on the priority scale at this time. I believe that this sound breakthru will be the key to quickly figuring out the remaining issues as it seemed to be the toughest to crack.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 08-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium 400
Carrier: USCC

sachmet is a n00b

I was excited to see that sound was working, so I downloaded and installed... ran the Startup Utility, ran the update inside it, selected my model and booted...

The problem I'm having is that every time I run Android, it starts up through the logo, gives me a menu bar and "Android System", and then immediately reboots. I've tried deleting data.img, cache and ts-configuration, to no effect.

I have a RHOD400 with US Cellular, and I've tried both with and without Force CDMA. I've read the FAQs and both threads, no help. Any suggestions?
Old 08-27-2010, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmet View Post
I was excited to see that sound was working, so I downloaded and installed... ran the Startup Utility, ran the update inside it, selected my model and booted...

The problem I'm having is that every time I run Android, it starts up through the logo, gives me a menu bar and "Android System", and then immediately reboots. I've tried deleting data.img, cache and ts-configuration, to no effect.

I have a RHOD400 with US Cellular, and I've tried both with and without Force CDMA. I've read the FAQs and both threads, no help. Any suggestions?
i had a very similiar problem as the one you are experiencing so what i did was i pulled off everything off my storage card, than i re formatted it and placed a fresh copy of android on there and voila worked perfectly. it was doing the same thing on my girls phone and thats how i fixed hers as well. Hope this helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
Man this is great.. makes me want an epic even more now.. but i now i feel like i can hold on to my tp2 for a little longer.. one question.. is it normal to have very slow video playback.. or is that a known problem?
noone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps