PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DEV] - OMGB - 1.2.2{2.3.5} - CDMA ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
No, you really dont know how this works at all. Ril is requesting this for PPPD. Even if you had the APN menu, pppd ignore username and password because its not needed for cdma.

Now are you sure you actually need to authenticate to get data ? (Sprint and verizon dont need it) So what carrier are you on that needs it?

Exactly ^^. CDMA carriers don't care about this data - like I said, data works great for me, what carrier are you on that actually care about the username and password?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
No, you really dont know how this works at all. Ril is requesting this for PPPD. Even if you had the APN menu, pppd ignore username and password because its not needed for cdma.

Now are you sure you actually need to authenticate to get data ? (Sprint and verizon dont need it) So what carrier are you on that needs it?

Edit: Sorry i dont mean to sound rude, just dont understand your situation. So i'll study it a bit further but try to give me as much as your information as possible.
chinese telecom , user/pass is needed, I also set card/card.
without APN, does mms work? I know hyc hack to used APN for CDMA, is for mms , maybe.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
chinese telecom , user/pass is needed, I also set card/card.
without APN, does mms work? I know hyc hack to used APN for CDMA, is for mms , maybe.
Assuming the apns-conf.xml file is configured correctly, yes. The only reason we had the APN hack was to make it easier on users... I could be wrong, but that's what I thought it was for...

On that note, I was on OMGB for almost a full day. Worked great! I've outlined a few issues on the Google Code page, but so far this is a very solid build. Just in need of some polish .
Old 10-11-2011, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Assuming the apns-conf.xml file is configured correctly, yes. The only reason we had the APN hack was to make it easier on users... I could be wrong, but that's what I thought it was for...

On that note, I was on OMGB for almost a full day. Worked great! I've outlined a few issues on the Google Code page, but so far this is a very solid build. Just in need of some polish .
For me ,phone only can call out,not call in.
Maybe need to re-flash system again or maybe lose some init code to register to carrier

Can not switch to airplan mode, need to reboot to take effect.
Does this ril code on git server.

make it easier on users, no, this is not the reason, hyc patch can pass user/pwd to ril, can let mms know system had configured mms server,mms port, etc.

Last edited by muziling; 10-11-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Maybe need to re-flash system again or maybe lose some init code to register to carrier

Yea, I think we'll need to carefully analyze each carrier... which sucks.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

make it easier on users, no, this is not the reason, hyc patch can pass user/pwd to ril, can let mms know system had configured mms server,mms port, etc.
Wow, so yes it looks like you are forced to authenticate.

10-11 15:32:38.450 D/pppd ( 321): No auth is possible
10-11 15:32:38.650 E/pppd ( 321): Could not determine local IP address
10-11 15:32:38.650 I/pppd ( 321): Connect time 0.1 minutes.
10-11 15:32:38.650 I/pppd ( 321): Sent 87 bytes, received 60 bytes.
10-11 15:32:38.680 I/pppd ( 321): LCP terminated by peer

This is way beyond the ril. I think i can come up with a work around for you. I'll keep investigating and let you know what i can come up with. Also looks like there is a crash when you are changing language. Lot of issues for you my friend.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

When phone call in, RIL will auto request HANGUP_WAITING_OR_BACKGROUND, so phone auto be hanged up

Someone told this is because version incorrent (diff?) of Content Providers ?
HERO200 AOSP,CM also has this problem.

Problem like this :http://groups.google.com/group/andro...e94529308d759b

Quote:
10-11 23:49:37.400 I/CallNotifier( 196): CallNotifier: rejecting incoming call: not provisioned / ECM
OK,maybe this:http://www.mail-archive.com/android-freerunner@Android.koolu.org/msg00574.html
maybe need to remove Provision.apk
EDIT: remove provision.apk and insert one record name='device_provisioned',value=1 , then can call in NOW
Income call ring not work.

screen sometimes wake up very slow:
Quote:
10-12 20:43:58.200 W/SharedBufferStack( 175): waitForCondition(LockCondition) t
imed out (identity=2, status=0). CPU may be pegged. trying again.

Last edited by muziling; 10-12-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
When phone call in, RIL will auto request HANGUP_WAITING_OR_BACKGROUND, so phone auto be hanged up

Someone told this is because version incorrent (diff?) of Content Providers ?
HERO200 AOSP,CM also has this problem.

Problem like this :Why emulator cannot recieve incoming call? - Android Developers | Google Groups

OK,maybe this:http://www.mail-archive.com/android-freerunner@Android.koolu.org/msg00574.html
maybe need to remove Provision.apk
EDIT: remove provision.apk and insert one record name='device_provisioned',value=1 , then can call in NOW
Income call ring not work.

screen sometimes wake up very slow:
the wake up will be because of the pppd ril issue. I have 0 SODs and ive been on the phone for 2 days now. Awesome batterylife so far.

Disable data so the ril doesnt constantly get rejected. Lets concentrate on you at lease receiving calls. The links you sent done make much sense to me.

The hyc ril and the ril we use is very similar. Only a few lines were changed. There was no modifications to the AT commands at all. Only change was to disable the authentication which is obviously affecting your data. But the incoming call is weird.

Also try this. ADB into the phone and do a "getprop". You will see a bunch of settings that really affect the way android works. Make sure they all look good. Also, if all the sudden the phone app crashes, kill the process and let it restart again. This way you dont need to reboot 10 times.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Yea, I haven't had any SOD's, and the screen wake is great for me (when I want to wake the device) - but I've still missed a few calls because the phone doesn't wake up/show the UI in time. I know the G1 guys had done some awful stuff to keep the phone.apk (or whatever it may be) in RAM at all times so they wouldn't miss calls...

Perhaps we need to look into something similar. Just drives me batty, the phone has been working REALLY well other than that. I haven't had a boatload of calls (2...), and so far both of them I've missed because the UI wasn't up/ready in time...
Old 10-12-2011, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Yea, I haven't had any SOD's, and the screen wake is great for me (when I want to wake the device) - but I've still missed a few calls because the phone doesn't wake up/show the UI in time. I know the G1 guys had done some awful stuff to keep the phone.apk (or whatever it may be) in RAM at all times so they wouldn't miss calls...

Perhaps we need to look into something similar. Just drives me batty, the phone has been working REALLY well other than that. I haven't had a boatload of calls (2...), and so far both of them I've missed because the UI wasn't up/ready in time...
Interesting. I didnt know this so ill look into it. Links to where the g1 guys talk about this ? time to kang :-p

Muling's issue stems fro this error ""rejecting incoming call: not provisioned / ECM". Looks like that needs to be fixed for him to get calls.

Edit: found the thread ..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=548502

Last edited by [ACL]; 10-12-2011 at 08:05 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development