PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)
Carrier: Sprint

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DEV] - OMGB - 1.2.2{2.3.5} - CDMA ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
Have you try this NAND version, no telephony.db file, so no where to set current=1, copy file to here seems no effect. this file only created at GSM mode AOSP.
I haven't used OMGB, but according to everything i have read, GB stores APN settings in com.android.providers.telephony/telephony.db, and I doubt the OMGB guys moved it for some reason. But I suppose it is possible, maybe do a find for telephony.db and see if it ended up in some other folder?
Old 10-14-2011, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpierce99 View Post
I haven't used OMGB, but according to everything i have read, GB stores APN settings in com.android.providers.telephony/telephony.db, and I doubt the OMGB guys moved it for some reason. But I suppose it is possible, maybe do a find for telephony.db and see if it ended up in some other folder?
you should testit. Arggg had 0 issues out of the box with sprint mms and all.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
you should testit. Arggg had 0 issues out of the box with sprint mms and all.
Company phone, on call, all that jazz.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

Tomorrow , if I have time ,will flash back to WM, then use QPST to write PPP user id and password , test mms work or not again.

When I use last NAND pppd, data connection icon ,up arrow and down arrow not indicate data out and in
Old 10-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Has anyone tried to get into recovery after installing...? I can't seem to. Either it boots into fastboot, or it boots Android! I should just have to hold the power button while on the blue screen to boot recovery instead of Android, no?
Old 10-15-2011, 03:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Has anyone tried to get into recovery after installing...? I can't seem to. Either it boots into fastboot, or it boots Android! I should just have to hold the power button while on the blue screen to boot recovery instead of Android, no?
I have to pull battery and leave it out for 15-20 seconds, then I can access recovery. Then after I finish with recovery and go to "reboot now" I have to push the end key to select it, then I get the "end key was pressed" after it reboots, making it go to fastboot... so I have to pull battery again to have it boot Android.

Other than the wake up with calls problem/no ringtone (although I have had it ring a couple of times, usually after I've rebooted) every once in a while, this has been awesome. Been running this for a couple of days now.

Thanks again ACL
Old 10-15-2011, 08:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
If you're on a build that doesn't allow editing APNs for CDMA then IMO you've taken a giant step backwards in usability. There are CDMA carriers in other parts of the world besides the US, and yes, many of them require authentication. And of course, you have no convenient way to edit MMS settings without the APN menu. The Google guys were being US-centric ignoramus(es) when they left this stuff out.

There's no reason CDMA users should have to follow a different path than GSM to get authentication and MMS working. It's poor software engineering to maintain two separate code paths for the same purpose, the way Google has done.

My 2c...
Sent from my FRX06+ TP2 using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2011, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

oops, battery drain out, then can not charge, I did follow:
pull battery out, and in
plug in USB cable
after several minutes(above 30min)
pull battery out again,and in
press power button, LED not light on and not boot,does this mean not charge in
Old 10-15-2011, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
If you're on a build that doesn't allow editing APNs for CDMA then IMO you've taken a giant step backwards in usability. There are CDMA carriers in other parts of the world besides the US, and yes, many of them require authentication. And of course, you have no convenient way to edit MMS settings without the APN menu. The Google guys were being US-centric ignoramus(es) when they left this stuff out.

There's no reason CDMA users should have to follow a different path than GSM to get authentication and MMS working. It's poor software engineering to maintain two separate code paths for the same purpose, the way Google has done.

My 2c...
Sent from my FRX06+ TP2 using Tapatalk
I agree after seeing muzlings issue. I didnt know about outside cdma carriers so that threw a wrench in my plans. Explains why samsung doesnt use majority of that code. Cyanogenmod has custom code for samsung phones. I guess xdandroid is the leader when it comes to flexibitily.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
oops, battery drain out, then can not charge, I did follow:
pull battery out, and in
plug in USB cable
after several minutes(above 30min)
pull battery out again,and in
press power button, LED not light on and not boot,does this mean not charge in
Charge has been very unstable for everyone. THis is what happens and unfortunately i have not fixed it. When the phone charges, it actually boots with panel off. We force the boot into recovery by detecting a few bits but recovery crashes at times (not sure why since it happens randomly). When this happens the phone reboots over and over again.

Try to see if you can get charged enough to boot into recovery. THen go to the advanced menu and there is a charge mode there. That will slow the cpu down and dim the panel to speed up the charge.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development