PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 10:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DEV] - OMGB - 1.2.2{2.3.5} - CDMA ONLY

Finally up. Sorry fellas, ran into some repo issues.

First bug i encoutered is that the ringer does't always ring. Not sure if its me or what. If you are using it as a daily phone, enable vib so you dont miss any calls.

Also i'm looking at the project page and there was about 200 LK downloads. Wtf !!!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Finally up. Sorry fellas, ran into some repo issues.

First bug i encoutered is that the ringer does't always ring. Not sure if its me or what. If you are using it as a daily phone, enable vib so you dont miss any calls.

Also i'm looking at the project page and there was about 200 LK downloads. Wtf !!!
Yea, that shouldn't surprise you...

Thanks tho dude. Going to flash now. Is the only updated file OMGB? Same GAPPS, etc?

Edit - woohoo! Works great! I got data, and it's syncing all my googleness. Awesome job ACL! This will be a great base to work off of.

Calling out works, and data reconnects! Holy hell the prox sensor works great too. Just some fitment issues on the in-call screen... I can screenshot that later.

Also, incoming calls work great for me as well. Not sure why muziling is having a problem with that... I even tested it with the phone sleeping, call in - phone woke, didn't ring... but I was able to answer the call and everything in the call worked as expected (other than the FUBAR in-call screen ).

Last edited by arrrghhh; 10-11-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

change language cause signal lost, signal icon show no signal

Now call out is OK, last version, has APN setting menu, this version have not.
Phone can not call in...who call in will listen busy sound.
RIL can search for highlandsun help..
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (17.9 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip can not call in.log.zip (22.9 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by muziling; 10-11-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
change language cause signal lost, signal icon show no signal

Now call out is OK, last version, has APN setting menu, this version have not.
Phone can not call in...who call in will listen busy sound.
RIL can search for highlandsun help..
Thanks for the feedback bro but i'm having a tough time understanding you. If you are CDMA, there is no APN menu (never has been and probably never will be). You keep thinking this is xdandroid when its not, so ignore what you know and concentrate on how it should be. If you want to help more, you need to educate yourself on AOSP.

Hyc made some changes to allow apn's on cdma for xdandroid.

Merge request #1: Enable APN setting for CDMA and GSM - Gitorious

Remember this build by OMGB team is out of my hands and i'm trying not to modify it since they handle all the userland changes. All i can do is make the device specific files to allow us to be easily portable to any build.

Now in the past you had the apn menu because for your specific case, you were using GSM phone and not CDMA. Once you switch to CDMA all apns settings are gone. So i need to understand if you use a sim chip with cdma or not. Remember World phones are a bitch to deal with ..

Does the ringer work for you? that was the only issue i faced this morning ..
Old 10-11-2011, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Yea, that shouldn't surprise you...

Thanks tho dude. Going to flash now. Is the only updated file OMGB? Same GAPPS, etc?

Edit - woohoo! Works great! I got data, and it's syncing all my googleness. Awesome job ACL! This will be a great base to work off of.

Calling out works, and data reconnects! Holy hell the prox sensor works great too. Just some fitment issues on the in-call screen... I can screenshot that later.

Also, incoming calls work great for me as well. Not sure why muziling is having a problem with that... I even tested it with the phone sleeping, call in - phone woke, didn't ring... but I was able to answer the call and everything in the call worked as expected (other than the FUBAR in-call screen ).

fubar? ahh i need to see this.

Is the electron beam working for you ? i noticed the camera crashes in the begining are not happening so it was working for me flawless this morning. i get to show off now :-p
Old 10-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
fubar? ahh i need to see this.

Is the electron beam working for you ? i noticed the camera crashes in the begining are not happening so it was working for me flawless this morning. i get to show off now :-p
I'll take a screenshot.

Electron beam is a no-go, but I've only booted once. Just adding some of the niceties - I'm going to try and use this daily bro. It's really that good. A few tweaks to userland here & there, and I'd say we have a very solid NAND build on our hands . Can't thank you enough! If only I had moar money to give you .

Edit - had a few FC's on the Market... not sure why. Persistence won tho. Will post a screenie of the in-call menu shortly.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 10-11-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Does the ringer work for you? that was the only issue i faced this morning ..
I switch back to xda build...
without APN setting, see ril logs, data connection can not be established. there is one line "requesting data connection to APN 'null'"

I know CDMA has AN/AAA code, that use for 3G authentication, these codes store at phone, not system.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
I switch back to xda build...
without APN setting, see ril logs, data connection can not be established. there is one line "requesting data connection to APN 'null'"
There are no APN's in CDMA. Seriously. hyc hacked it to show, as you can clearly see. They are null. I have service and data, no issues... Are you on Sprint? Are you CDMA?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
There are no APN's in CDMA. Seriously. hyc hacked it to show, as you can clearly see. They are null. I have service and data, no issues... Are you on Sprint? Are you CDMA?
Yes , CDMA, of cause, I don't care this menu, but ril care, ril need username, password ,see ril logs, who pass these parameters to ril ? maybe ril can use AT command to obtain from phone.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yes , CDMA, of cause, I don't care this menu, but ril care, ril need username, password ,see ril logs, who pass these parameters to ril ? maybe ril can use AT command to obtain from phone.
No, you really dont know how this works at all. Ril is requesting this for PPPD. Even if you had the APN menu, pppd ignore username and password because its not needed for cdma.

Now are you sure you actually need to authenticate to get data ? (Sprint and verizon dont need it) So what carrier are you on that needs it?

Edit: Sorry i dont mean to sound rude, just dont understand your situation. So i'll study it a bit further but try to give me as much as your information as possible.

Last edited by [ACL]; 10-11-2011 at 12:54 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development