PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB
Carrier: Sprint

anish88 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by detule View Post
You wouldn't happen to have the device in silent/vibrate when receiving these calls?
actually that is the case. when the phone is in vibrate, on incoming calls the person can not here me from the touch pro 2. so on incoming calls mic doesnt work.

edit - now on outgoing calls mic doesnt work on silent/vibrate.
dmesg attached. the last call is without vibrate
Attached Files
File Type: zip no mic on vibrate.zip (17.8 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
actually that is the case. when the phone is in vibrate, on incoming calls the person can not here me from the touch pro 2. so on incoming calls mic doesnt work.

edit - now on outgoing calls mic doesnt work on silent/vibrate.
dmesg attached. the last call is without vibrate
I had a chance to talk to detule and he was able to explain the solution to your issue. I'm prep-ping up an update with the latest kernel, but before i do that i want to squish some of the other reported bugs.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i havent tested this... (but for the near future). i have a rhod400... you guys think if i used a sim card for gsm it would work. i know its into the future. im just wondering.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
i havent tested this... (but for the near future). i have a rhod400... you guys think if i used a sim card for gsm it would work. i know its into the future. im just wondering.
I thought it worked already . I'm pretty sure ACL sorted this out several releases ago.

Please attempt before speculating... I don't have a SIM to test with, sorry.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I thought it worked already . I'm pretty sure ACL sorted this out several releases ago.

Please attempt before speculating... I don't have a SIM to test with, sorry.
I know this was tested by some other guys as well. I tested with my non active sim card. Shows up as ATT but it had no service.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

yeah i have no idea. ill borrow a friends sim tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Try the task29. If there was a dirty install there is a chance that some stuff will be broken. Task29 will guarantee a clean delicious install.

since there is no kernel panic and we really cant tell from the logs, then best way to approach this is to see if there is a sequence that reproduces the issue. The only weird thing about your logs is that the phone cant sleep. It could be either wifi being on, data sync or anything that has a wake lock open. Anyways, keep trying dood.
Ok, I did a task29, installed the latest version of OMGB, gapps, titanium backup and getlogs; no other apps installed.

Still having issues with my screen. As I stated before, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. For example, if I'm in the apps menu and I touch and app to launch it the phone scrolls the menu instead. The phone doesn't lock.

Logs attached.

By the way, I'm going on a limb with this one, can a bad network connection screw up a phone? I get the feeling that mine starts to act out when network quality is less than ideal. Of course, it could just be my panel that is dying.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip data.zip (45.6 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Ok, I did a task29, installed the latest version of OMGB, gapps, titanium backup and getlogs; no other apps installed.

Still having issues with my screen. As I stated before, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. For example, if I'm in the apps menu and I touch and app to launch it the phone scrolls the menu instead. The phone doesn't lock.

Logs attached.

By the way, I'm going on a limb with this one, can a bad network connection screw up a phone? I get the feeling that mine starts to act out when network quality is less than ideal. Of course, it could just be my panel that is dying.

Thanks!
It's either a calibration problem (have you used the calib app...?) or your screen is actually dying. I don't know what a network connection would have to do with you touching the screen and it scrolling... Usually people have problems with the other way, they want to scroll and it ends up opening an app .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
It's either a calibration problem (have you used the calib app...?) or your screen is actually dying. I don't know what a network connection would have to do with you touching the screen and it scrolling... Usually people have problems with the other way, they want to scroll and it ends up opening an app .
Yep, I've used the calib app, no dice.

I hope ACL catches something weird in my logs. I would hate to let go of my TP2 if the screen is dying.

Thanks for your response!
Old 01-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Yep, I've used the calib app, no dice.

I hope ACL catches something weird in my logs. I would hate to let go of my TP2 if the screen is dying.

Thanks for your response!
Well you can easily confirm if it's dying or not... Do you have this problem in WinMo? Flash back and see.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development