PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 03:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - OMGB - 1.2.2{2.3.5} - 400/500 Only

I'm still going to continue development on this of course even if cm7 is out. In my eyes omgb is a little faster and easier to use.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I was going to ask but I didn't want to offend, thanks for letting us know.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Already have the next round of changes for this bad boy.

Finally fixed the LS bug. You notice when you boot the screen gets brighter than the flames of hell? well now its a more civilized brightness. Also adjusted the LS so unless its pitch black in the room, it will be a bit brighter.

Also fixed the crash issue when Sim is installed. Ril update is still needed for those 400/500 users who use sim with world phones. I'll try to squeeze this in. However i still need a tester.

A small electron beam fix.. should be more stable now.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Already have the next round of changes for this bad boy.

Finally fixed the LS bug. You notice when you boot the screen gets brighter than the flames of hell? well now its a more civilized brightness. Also adjusted the LS so unless its pitch black in the room, it will be a bit brighter.

Also fixed the crash issue when Sim is installed. Ril update is still needed for those 400/500 users who use sim with world phones. I'll try to squeeze this in. However i still need a tester.

A small electron beam fix.. should be more stable now.

Sweet!!

I have a SIM, but it's not active - just the dummy SIM that Sprint includes with the device for int'l roaming.

So I can test whether the SIM breaks basic things like LK. I guess I need to do the SIM unlock so I can borrow someone's SIM from tmo or att and test the switchover and make sure it all works on both sides of the equation.

Looking forward to the update .
Old 11-08-2011, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

All,

I'd like to flash this in my Sprint TP2, but need a little more documentation on how to do this. I'm comfortable flashing WinMo ROMs, but don't understand most of what is being said in the OP. Like what is LK?

If there is a thread somewhere else that explains this a pointer would be great.

thanks,
dave
Old 11-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
All,

I'd like to flash this in my Sprint TP2, but need a little more documentation on how to do this. I'm comfortable flashing WinMo ROMs, but don't understand most of what is being said in the OP. Like what is LK?

If there is a thread somewhere else that explains this a pointer would be great.

thanks,
dave
There will be better directions and official guides when everything has settled and is officially released.

Until then, either read thru the thread (and the other NAND thread, it helps) and be brave and help us test - or wait until it's stable/been thoroughly tested/refined.

The thread title has TESTING in it. In fact, it's the first word. We mean it .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
and for the first time the tp2 takes a picture of my galaxyS. lol

the built in Wifi tether is working but with a nasty crash at the end. Not sure if market tether apps have the same issue.

Camera showing signs of life but it's so slow. However at least there wont be cam crashes anymore.
Don't know what you mean about camera being slow! I "froze" the stock application downloaded several camera apps and seems that it was when it was saving the picture it was slow or froze. So I downloaded fast burst camera light and no problems now, been working awesome!

Sent from my (ACL) OMGB using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2011, 05:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Don't know what you mean about camera being slow! I "froze" the stock application downloaded several camera apps and seems that it was when it was saving the picture it was slow or froze. So I downloaded fast burst camera light and no problems now, been working awesome!

Sent from my (ACL) OMGB using Tapatalk

The "froze" issue was exactly as you described. It was trying to save the picture but it crashed with some jpeg error. But sounds like a good workaround in the mean time. I'll try it and see how it works.

thanks dood ..
Old 11-08-2011, 05:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
All,

thanks,
dave

dave i think lmiller wrote a doc in the past with some info. LK is the native android bootloader. so bottom line is you need to read up on fastboot and not so much LK. fastboot lets us flash the recovery which lets us flash android. Once you master that, you will be solid ..

http://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/wiki/NANDHOWTO

Edit: This is outdated but ill try to make some chages. As long as you have the recovery working the rest is easy as pie.

Last edited by [ACL]; 11-08-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Holy crap, you're right! That app not only works, it works REALLY well. I'm really amazed with how fast it snaps pictures - it seems to buffer them before actually saving them off, perhaps that's why it is so fast.

Awesome find! ACL and I were talking about it, this pretty much confirms a userland issue (kernel is fine). Thanks vzihome!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development