PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Holy crap, you're right! That app not only works, it works REALLY well. I'm really amazed with how fast it snaps pictures - it seems to buffer them before actually saving them off, perhaps that's why it is so fast.

Awesome find! ACL and I were talking about it, this pretty much confirms a userland issue (kernel is fine). Thanks vzihome!
Thanks I just wish I knew some Linux so I can lend a hand to you guys.

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2011, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b
Re: [TESTING] - OMGB - 1.2.2{2.3.5} - 400/500 Only

Not having even installed this, what's broken about location? I'm happy to give it some love.

Michael
Old 11-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykosoft View Post
Not having even installed this, what's broken about location? I'm happy to give it some love.

Michael
Netloc works, but AFAIK there's no code for GPS. Perhaps ACL can fill you in moar, but checkout his GIT repo and fix it up!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

Michael
yeah i really dont have any code for gps. Not even sure if GBA has it yet. need someone to just do the full research on it so all builds can benefit i suppose.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Thanks I just wish I knew some Linux so I can lend a hand to you guys.

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
haha i wish linux was all you needed. But hey, you are a hero right now with this camera app. I'm liking it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
yeah i really dont have any code for gps. Not even sure if GBA has it yet. need someone to just do the full research on it so all builds can benefit i suppose.
Is the lack of code kernel or userland?

Michael
Old 11-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I dont know it anyone wants to try this out but im uploading a minimal gapps for omgb that i have been using. All it installs is market thats it. Havent tried it with cm7 but i suppose it should work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ACL minimal gapps gb.zip (6.11 MB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Well, the 'public' GB build there's no GPS whatsoever (this is a userland issue for sure).

emwe has made huge strides forward on GB, and the current code on the repo for GB should have all that is necessary for GPS. He's hashing out the new acoustic code, so that's the main blocker for a new GB release. That and BT and all the other stuff we're trying to get working .
Old 11-09-2011, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Is the lack of code kernel or userland?

Michael
libgps is all userland and to be honest it doesnt look that hard. Phh wrote the original gps driver so all the infromation is there just not in GB. I guess with a good allnighter or two i can hash it out, but i'm sure someone knows more about gps than i do.

In the past ive tried doing some binary hacks on libgps from the Hero so it would use our rpc addresses but it would crash. And rpc crashes are brutal so i quit. I wonder if the dream or maybe legend gps drivers are worth a hack.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:18 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
I dont know it anyone wants to try this out but im uploading a minimal gapps for omgb that i have been using. All it installs is market thats it. Havent tried it with cm7 but i suppose it should work.
worth a try i suppose. Still give you the FCs if you dont set the language?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development