PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 04:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jortiz12885 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jortiz12885 Send a message via Skype™ to jortiz12885
Re: NAND Testing - 05-25 Update: New LK, Recovery.img, Kernel Updates through Recover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jortiz12885 View Post
to show that adb is working fine i ran Haret from my sd card went to android and i ran those commands to check if adb works and it did, it detected my phone but now how do i flash? form android? or windows mobile? I went back to windows mobile and synced my phone and just ran the customruu with the nbh file in the folder but nothing flashes just get an error saying file corrupted and i am still stuck in the flash screen, as of now i just flashed the latest energy until i get a better understanding...
Forgot to have my SD car in the phone...thanks.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: NAND Testing - 05-25 Update: New LK, Recovery.img, Kernel Updates through Recover

Fellas. Lmiller wrote a great doc on how to do all of this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...oxp4O&hl=en_US

I guess you need to get used to LK. LK is a boot loader like any other boot loader that supports fastboot. So if you have a native android device, you know what fastboot is. Once you have fastboot working, then its time to install the recovery and boogie on down.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorale View Post
Thanks ACL, I thought my post was going to go unseen/unanswered. I will test some more to see if I can get data working. Are there any logs that can be of help to see why data is not working?
If you are on cdma, then you should have data working. Usually when this happens its because something broke in the install or we accidentally forgot something. Unless you are talking about wifi ?. Also i updated every file for download. Nothing is the same as last release so make sure you get fresh everything.

get the radio logcat to see whats going on. We run a ril thats just for nand for now. Once frx7 is out we will merge back to use the hyc ril so we can all be happy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:21 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

Shorale is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
If you are on cdma, then you should have data working. Usually when this happens its because something broke in the install or we accidentally forgot something. Unless you are talking about wifi ?. Also i updated every file for download. Nothing is the same as last release so make sure you get fresh everything.

get the radio logcat to see whats going on. We run a ril thats just for nand for now. Once frx7 is out we will merge back to use the hyc ril so we can all be happy.
Wifi was the only data part working on the phone; I'll be sure to get all the new files and test them this weekend. Can't wait for frx7
Old 06-20-2011, 08:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

Hello ACL, I notice .39 kernel's owner is you, and .39 kernel is better than NAND kernel for experiance. Do you plan to update NAND kernel to .39

Last edited by muziling; 06-20-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
Hello ACL, I notice .39 kernel's owner is you, and .39 kernel is better than NAND kernel for experiance. Do you plan to update NAND kernel to .39
I've tried to coax him into this, but it's a big task. There's still quite a bit of difference between the .39 HaRET kernel and the existing kernel we run on NAND. From what has been explained to me, it would be exceedingly difficult to have just one kernel for both since HaRET has to do some hackey things to get stuff functional, and with NAND ACL is doing his best to stick to what native devices do/use.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post

Finally got a chance to re-install android on NAND. Still running into no data though. Radio logcat does show some errors at attempting to get data; anybody have any tips/info what to try?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Logcat radio.txt (16.5 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: txt logcat b radio.txt (13.8 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Shorale; 06-21-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Finally got a chance to re-install android on NAND. Still running into no data though. Radio logcat does show some errors at attempting to get data; anybody have any tips/info what to try?
This is a regular logcat. Please get a radio logcat, with timestamps preferably.

Edit - also keep in mind that NAND isn't close to ready for daily use yet. Might want to stick to HaRET until the kinks are ironed out.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 06-21-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
This is a regular logcat. Please get a radio logcat, with timestamps preferably.

Edit - also keep in mind that NAND isn't close to ready for daily use yet. Might want to stick to HaRET until the kinks are ironed out.
The logcat -b radio wasn't the correct one either? I'm sticking mainly to WinMo still, but just wanted to test out some things in Android just needed data to work though. Appreciate all the work you guys are doing here
Old 06-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
The logcat -b radio wasn't the correct one either? I'm sticking mainly to WinMo still, but just wanted to test out some things in Android just needed data to work though. Appreciate all the work you guys are doing here
Ah, look at the edit times. You added the -b radio log after I posted and edited my post .

At any rate, nothing crazy in here that's jumping out at me... I'm no expert on log reading by any means either. I doubt you're using the new RIL... it'll probably help. My advice - wait for the next round .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development