PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 03-11: FRX05 on NAND (data working again!)

latest compiled, latest "gsm" ril, service.....? just booted, with 3g icon..... service, but no data this first boot....
Golden: data working ad well now after reboot

Last edited by MassStash; 03-25-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Awesome. So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to compile a new NBH with the androidupdate.tgz to include the new RIL. I'll post that here and have as many people test it out as possible. If I get enough feedback, I'll push it to git.

Note, we still need to change the button mappings in recovery. Right now, I just changed the one value in the gpiokeys to be home instead of power, and I commented out the navipad.
yeah new recovery is due. Plenty of changes coming actually. but tonight ill just repost a repaired one. The new one may take a few days.

Ok, so just so we understand whats going on this is what we plan to accomplish

1) add oem recovery to initrd. The init script will check for /recovery version of recovery and if not found unpack the oem version in initrd. This way they can install happy from within recovery .. (sexy) ? sound good

2 ) people can chose to upgrade to a full recovery. This means we can deploy this via update.tgz. Ill make an update folder on autobl so we can have some basic updates already.

3) I'm almost done with multi module support but im saving that for possible LK. This way we no longer put kernels in the nbh .. just lk and oem recovery. This will be until we figure out a way not to rewipe after reach flash. If we can figure that out then we can deploy full recovery with the nbh and lk.

aite.. plenty of work to do.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
yeah new recovery is due. Plenty of changes coming actually. but tonight ill just repost a repaired one. The new one may take a few days.

Ok, so just so we understand whats going on this is what we plan to accomplish

1) add oem recovery to initrd. The init script will check for /recovery version of recovery and if not found unpack the oem version in initrd. This way they can install happy from within recovery .. (sexy) ? sound good

2 ) people can chose to upgrade to a full recovery. This means we can deploy this via update.tgz. Ill make an update folder on autobl so we can have some basic updates already.

3) I'm almost done with multi module support but im saving that for possible LK. This way we no longer put kernels in the nbh .. just lk and oem recovery. This will be until we figure out a way not to rewipe after reach flash. If we can figure that out then we can deploy full recovery with the nbh and lk.

aite.. plenty of work to do.
yup, that is sounding awesome. And by the way, I have the full recovery in the NBH right now, and it seems to be OK with that. So I'm not sure you even need to do the OEM recovery unless the new recovery gets significantly larger in the tgz compressed file.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
latest compiled, latest "gsm" ril, service.....? just booted, with 3g icon..... service, but no data this first boot....
Golden: data working ad well now after reboot
WOOT! With the latest GSM RIL, I don't get data on first boot, but I DO have data after a reboot! This is so exciting

Last edited by natemcnutty; 03-25-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jadenq is a n00b

When i try to install programs from market place i am get this message.
"Installation error"
any ideas?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadenq View Post
When i try to install programs from market place i am get this message.
"Installation error"
any ideas?
Yeah, I'm getting some weird results right now too. Gmail, Google Maps, and Youtube apps installed fine, but Voice Search and Car Home failed. Trying to get the terminal app installed to dmesg.

Edit: Must have been the number of apps that all started downloading at the same time. They installed just fine the second time I tried them. Everything is working for me.

Last edited by natemcnutty; 03-25-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nice!!! Will this work on the Sprint GSM side? Makes me want to go get a Simple Mobile sim card for when I don't have Boost Mobile signal!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
Nice!!! Will this work on the Sprint GSM side? Makes me want to go get a Simple Mobile sim card for when I don't have Boost Mobile signal!!!
I have a test build if you have a GSM card. You can give this a shot:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/gsmtest.zip
Old 03-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
I have a test build if you have a GSM card. You can give this a shot:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11790134/gsmtest.zip
Not yet, but I am going to try with my buddy's sim card and report back.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 03-24: FRX05 on NAND (Testing new RIL)

So I'm new to this NAND stuff...if I have a Sprint CDMA phone is there any way to try this out?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development