PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Testing - 05-25 Update: New LK, Recovery.img, Kernel Updates through Recover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberscribe View Post
links on post 1 are all broken
I believe the url changed when WisTilt2 migrated the NAND autobuild server. I'll ping him and verify.

Edit - update... so it seems httpd is disabled on the server currently. URL's won't change, just need to bring the server back to life. I'll bug ACL about it .

Last edited by arrrghhh; 06-13-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: NAND Testing - 05-25 Update: New LK, Recovery.img, Kernel Updates through Recover

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I believe the url changed when WisTilt2 migrated the NAND autobuild server. I'll ping him and verify.

Edit - update... so it seems httpd is disabled on the server currently. URL's won't change, just need to bring the server back to life. I'll bug ACL about it .
Thanks for checking on that arrrghhh. Let me know if I need to update the first post at all. I'm still waiting on my co-workers to pick their next upgrade so I can get their TP2's to test with. One tried the Thunderbolt and didn't like the battery life, so they are now waiting for the Bionic or something else to come along... On a side note, the Whitestone is an absolute pile of garbage.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Thanks for checking on that arrrghhh. Let me know if I need to update the first post at all. I'm still waiting on my co-workers to pick their next upgrade so I can get their TP2's to test with. One tried the Thunderbolt and didn't like the battery life, so they are now waiting for the Bionic or something else to come along... On a side note, the Whitestone is an absolute pile of garbage.
Bummer on the tester phones...

I chatted with both ACL and WisTilt2, they both said the URL won't be changing even after the server migration...

Basically the jist of it is the httpd service isn't running, so no web services. Should be back up soon.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

helo peeps..
i'll be turning on the http shortly. I had to re-upload the latest stuff since there have been changes that require a complete re-release of every package.

Here is what changed (mostly stuff you wont notice).

LK - you will be told now if the button is pressed. No more guessing
Kernel - Mtdparts is now handled via atags and no more cmdline.
Kernel - Wifi nvram for cdma is also handled via atags. gsm will have to suffer like dogs.
update.zip - since wifi mechanism is different, so is one script that handles nvram creation.
recovery - because of no mtd parts, a new revision had to be made.

I couldnt get the 3.5 mm code up in this release. Bottom line is that it will take a lot of work with the current code and not one really cares since this is just for cdma. But i will get it done.. promise..

No work has been done to help Gsm.. sorry. I barely have time for cdma so gsm will have to just wait or get me a gsm device to being testing.

systman25: if you want tinboot, you will have to roll your own. My code is still in git. However it will be alot of work to get initrd where it needs to be to work with tinboot (you will need to add code we removed along time ago.. but not hard) .
Old 06-14-2011, 03:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorale View Post
Edit 2: Are any files still required in the andboot folder on the SD card or is everything running strictly off NAND?
Once everything is installed on nand you can throw your sdcard away. Nothing is needed on sd to keep the phone runing. SD is just for installation.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Shorale is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Once everything is installed on nand you can throw your sdcard away. Nothing is needed on sd to keep the phone runing. SD is just for installation.
Thanks ACL, I thought my post was going to go unseen/unanswered. I will test some more to see if I can get data working. Are there any logs that can be of help to see why data is not working?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:39 PM
N00b

jortiz12885 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jortiz12885 Send a message via Skype™ to jortiz12885

I need some help i was able to set up adb and stuff, but i dont really understand the procedure i been reading and dont see a clear explanation on using the LK NBH file. So I placed the RHODIMG.NBH in a folder and downloaded a CustomRUU those are the only files placed in this folder, thats how I flash roms but after that i run the customruu from windows (phone is synchronized to windows) then i get error? i mean i dont understand am still in the red,blue,green screen with no rom and cant enter "recovery mode" can someone please guide me on installing this. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jortiz12885 View Post
I need some help i was able to set up adb and stuff, but i dont really understand the procedure i been reading and dont see a clear explanation on using the LK NBH file. So I placed the RHODIMG.NBH in a folder and downloaded a CustomRUU those are the only files placed in this folder, thats how I flash roms but after that i run the customruu from windows (phone is synchronized to windows) then i get error? i mean i dont understand am still in the red,blue,green screen with no rom and cant enter "recovery mode" can someone please guide me on installing this. Thanks.
You were able to setup adb, but you didn't actually flash the phone? Those two things seem at odds with eachother, adb doesn't work unless you're in Android...

But you just flash the NBH as you normally would (CustomRUU, SD flash, whatever), and follow the steps... What are you missing?

If you're not able to flash an NBH, don't do this!!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:16 PM
N00b

jortiz12885 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jortiz12885 Send a message via Skype™ to jortiz12885

to show that adb is working fine i ran Haret from my sd card went to android and i ran those commands to check if adb works and it did, it detected my phone but now how do i flash? form android? or windows mobile? I went back to windows mobile and synced my phone and just ran the customruu with the nbh file in the folder but nothing flashes just get an error saying file corrupted and i am still stuck in the flash screen, as of now i just flashed the latest energy until i get a better understanding...
Old 06-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jortiz12885 View Post
to show that adb is working fine i ran Haret from my sd card went to android and i ran those commands to check if adb works and it did, it detected my phone but now how do i flash? form android? or windows mobile? I went back to windows mobile and synced my phone and just ran the customruu with the nbh file in the folder but nothing flashes just get an error saying file corrupted and i am still stuck in the flash screen, as of now i just flashed the latest energy until i get a better understanding...
Yea... don't do this.

If you can't flash the phone, then this is not for you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development