PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 03:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 03-08: Full NAND FRX05 Testing (Data not working for some)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
We just figured out that the symlink /data/ppp /etc/ppp was not working because of this line in the init: mount -o remount,ro /system
Remove it and it will work like a charm.
Ok so i smell a few good changes tonight. I'll commit the change for initrd to to remove the ro out.

Can you have the frx5 patched up so i can upload it? also in that same frx5 folder ill include the nhb and update so we peole just got to 1 directory for everything.

Finally i want to commit mtd parts.. so lets try to test more tonight.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: sprint

AkumaX is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 03-08: Full NAND FRX05 Testing (Data not working for some)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Pull the battery. Put the battery back in. Connect it to the charger, it will boot but let it. Do not touch it for a while. Atleast 30 minutes if not longer. It will charge.

Once that time has expired pull the battery and turn it back on. You will have a working phone again. If it does not boot then just put it and bootloader and reflash.
Pull the battery. Put the battery back in. Connect it to the charger, it will boot but let it. <- I believe if your battery dead, and get to this step, your phone shouldn't turn on when you plug it into the charger (but will charge). Just charge it for 1/2 hour
Old 03-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Looking forward to testing the new files tonight!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Ok so i smell a few good changes tonight. I'll commit the change for initrd to to remove the ro out.

Can you have the frx5 patched up so i can upload it? also in that same frx5 folder ill include the nhb and update so we peole just got to 1 directory for everything.

Finally i want to commit mtd parts.. so lets try to test more tonight.
Yeah, not sure why it is remounted as ro, but I added the symlink during the install-seq.sh while the system was rw. We can do it either way, but we may want to remove the one I added to install-seq.sh if we are doing it through sysinit.rc
Old 03-10-2011, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Yeah, not sure why it is remounted as ro, but I added the symlink during the install-seq.sh while the system was rw. We can do it either way, but we may want to remove the one I added to install-seq.sh if we are doing it through sysinit.rc
I think we will remove the ro completely. I guess they did it so android does not have to do it.

yeah you can remove that line from install then.

So you finally booting up fine? were you able to ssh into it ?

Still need to test mtd parts. Looks like Lmillers is also bad so need to test yours fully.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
How do I setup NAND boot?
First, you need to download the Update Utility (CustomRUU) and the latest package. Extract the NBH to the same folder as the Update Utility and flash like you would a custom ROM. Put the included modules on the SD card (modules must be from the same package as the NBH) along with the modified rootfs.img (see first post) and system.ext2 from http://xdandroid.com/wiki/Main_Page (you can use system.ext2 from BLAZN, but XDAndroid will be better for testing)
I would like to try this out, but it doesn't seem to boot for me. I must be missing something in the directions from the first 2 posts. This is my process:

1. download nbh, androidupdate, androidinstall, install-seq.sh, and customruu files from first post.
2. put the nbh and customruu files in a folder on my desktop.
3. put the other 3 files in a folder on my sd card called andboot
4. flash task29 to wipe the phone (rhod400)
5. put phone in bootload, connect to pc and run customruu (this appears to work, but it flashes fast like task29, not as long as when I flash a wm ROM).
6. After flash is finished, the linnux bootscreen with the penguin starts just like when using haret from sd card, but nothing ever happens after that.

After re-reading the first 2 posts I decided that my andboot folder also needed a system.ext2 and maybe a module and zIMAGE from a kernel. So I have tried putting those 3 files in my andboot and customruu folder but that was unsuccessful also. The only thing I don't totally understand is from the above quote to "extract NBH" and put included modules in sd card.

Could someone please point out my folly? Thank you, this is very exciting work you are all doing.

TMOUS HD2:
NAND: HyperDroid GBX
Old 03-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
I would like to try this out, but it doesn't seem to boot for me. I must be missing something in the directions from the first 2 posts. This is my process:

Could someone please point out my folly? Thank you, this is very exciting work you are all doing.
I'd wait till this settles down a little more. Not so noob-friendly at this stage.

With that said, all you need is the RHODIMG.nbh at the root of your SD, and the three files in andboot - androidupdate.tar/tgz, androidinstall.tar/tgz and install-seq.sh. Flash the NBH from SD, and away it goes.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint Touch Pro2, att iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t on both

vistazifta is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vistazifta Send a message via Yahoo to vistazifta Send a message via Skype™ to vistazifta

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I'd wait till this settles down a little more. Not so noob-friendly at this stage.

With that said, all you need is the RHODIMG.nbh at the root of your SD, and the three files in andboot - androidupdate.tar/tgz, androidinstall.tar/tgz and install-seq.sh. Flash the NBH from SD, and away it goes.
nah he can use the custom ruu if he really wants it always works for me but hes probably not renaming his androidudate.tgz to exclude the numbers that date+build number the file name

Old 03-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

I completely agree with the gods here on the noob-flashing. I've been flashing for 3 years but android different than WM....unlike wm where you can say "keyboard is no worky" that really doesnt help the gods out too much. I've come to the conclusion (withing 5 min of a successful flash) to keep my mouth shut because I have no idea what I'd be talking about anyway----bogs down the thread, and keeps the gods answering questions instead of fixing problems.
Like I said, been around the block a while, but I am not qualified to test and report----therefor, I'll just watch and read
Old 03-10-2011, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post

1. download nbh, androidupdate, androidinstall, install-seq.sh, and customruu files from first post.
2. put the nbh and customruu files in a folder on my desktop.
3. put the other 3 files in a folder on my sd card called andboot
4. flash task29 to wipe the phone (rhod400)
5. put phone in bootload, connect to pc and run customruu (this appears to work, but it flashes fast like task29, not as long as when I flash a wm ROM).
6. After flash is finished, the linnux bootscreen with the penguin starts just like when using haret from sd card, but nothing ever happens after that.

After re-reading the first 2 posts I decided that my andboot folder also needed a system.ext2 and maybe a module and zIMAGE from a kernel. So I have tried putting those 3 files in my andboot and customruu folder but that was unsuccessful also. The only thing I don't totally understand is from the above quote to "extract NBH" and put included modules in sd card.

I apologize for not being clearer in the first post, and I will try to update it. Some of the files may need to be re-named. You should have these exact file names in the andboot folder: androidinstall.tgz, androidupdate.tgz, and install-seq.sh

The NBH should flash fairly quick because it is only writing 4 MB of data rather than 160 MB like most WinMo ROM's.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development