PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Shorale is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Testing - 05-25 Update: New LK, Recovery.img, Kernel Updates through Recover

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Ah, look at the edit times. You added the -b radio log after I posted and edited my post .

At any rate, nothing crazy in here that's jumping out at me... I'm no expert on log reading by any means either. I doubt you're using the new RIL... it'll probably help. My advice - wait for the next round .
Yeah I was kinda figuring that but was hoping someone had noticed the radio log. Thanks for taking a look, and I'll definitely be looking out for the next round with the new RIL. Thanks arrghhh
Old 06-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Re: NAND without fastboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorale View Post
Hey guys I'm having a problem getting data to work. I've tried the two different kernels available from 5-18 and 5-22. The phone shows an active data connection in the notification area but no programs can connect to the internet outside of wifi. Is there anything special that needs to be done on a Rhod500 to get it working on Verizon? Sorry if it's been posted but I did read back about 100 pages and didn't find anything that helped. I've also rebooted several times. Are there any logs I can get to help troubleshoot data?
Only other problem is waking up the phone, but I'm sure you all have that documented already. Best way I've found of waking it up is to press the End call button, then the top power button, and then slide open the phone to get to the unlock screen.

Edit: Gotta say, ACL and all you others are geniuses. Flash method is pretty straight forward once you get ADB and fastboot drivers working properly.

Edit 2: Are any files still required in the andboot folder on the SD card or is everything running strictly off NAND?
No files are still required in the andboot folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by systman25 View Post
Hy,
Can I get a rhodium nand android (+ files) without fastboot?
I can't install this version because the fastboot is shutdown when I start the device.

Please, somebody help me and send a nand...

Thanks
You need Fastboot. If you can't get it working then this is not for you. Sorry... But just use HARET.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: NAND Testing - 05-25 Update: New LK, Recovery.img, Kernel Updates through Recover

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
Hello ACL, I notice .39 kernel's owner is you, and .39 kernel is better than NAND kernel for experiance. Do you plan to update NAND kernel to .39
Not at this time. Perhaps when the team has more time
Old 06-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Flashaholic!

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickelk View Post
Tried to reflash in order to set up some new test on the system, however when I downloaded and tried to flash the June 14 NHB I get an error that the NHB is corrupt. Could someone look into this to see if the copy on the server is in fact corrupt?
Does this happen with SDCard flash or USB Flash? If you haven't tried both please do. Also re-download the file just to be safe.

Please Report Back!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:14 AM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickelk View Post
Tried to reflash in order to set up some new test on the system, however when I downloaded and tried to flash the June 14 NHB I get an error that the NHB is corrupt. Could someone look into this to see if the copy on the server is in fact corrupt?
I'm going to reupload the NHB. There havent been any changes so lets see if that helps you. Also where are you getting this message ?

I did however put out a new kernel. Just added some patches i missed from haret the past month. Nothing major but i have yet to test it myself.

Last edited by [ACL]; 07-05-2011 at 03:22 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Flashaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
I'm going to reupload the NHB. There havent been any changes so lets see if that helps you. Also where are you getting this message ?

I did however put out a new kernel. Just added some patches i missed from haret the past month. Nothing major but i have yet to test it myself.
Not sure why but the method of flashing via USB is now broken... I will look into it more today. It just weird we can't do both at the same time (SDCard flash and USB flash). Any cooks out there trolling have any idea why this would be, or would like to take a stab at figuring this out let me know!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:18 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Not sure why but the method of flashing via USB is now broken... I will look into it more today. It just weird we can't do both at the same time (SDCard flash and USB flash). Any cooks out there trolling have any idea why this would be, or would like to take a stab at figuring this out let me know!
sh*t are you kidding me .. damnit .. well flash via sdcard for now.

Next release im trying to get Lk to do the battery charging so we dont have to worry about that ever again.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:38 AM
VIP Member

sup fellas. So this is whats going on with the headset patch for nand. Even tho the code was originally discovered in nand, all the changes needed to make it work with the existing .27 code broke the functionality somehow. Works fine on haret due to the residue wince may have left behind, but on nand it simply doesnt run.

So now i need to totally drift away and go back go the original method i had it running which is a major overhaul in microp code. For those of you who saw the patch, you know its not a small one liner.

I'm also hoping we can put together an official gingerbread build. I have all the sources for xdandroid and aosp, and if we run into any issues we will just write code :-p .. Nate/Lmiller any of you guys have time to cook up GB using the alpha build xdandroid put out? Need to know where we are at with that. Last i heard gps dont work, well that's not a deal breaker for me. We need to see what else is up with it.

Also as for the new recruits (if any), throw em into the communication list and see if they can be useful.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

We like to test GB in NAND , but kernel is too bad to use.
Battery drain fast, screen can not be waked up easy, this is why we not to do more test with NAND build, when phone in, screen not be waked up immediately, we miss the call, maybe important call.

haret method is great to daily use, battery can stand by over 35 hours, press power button, screen wake up success without no fail.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
We like to test GB in NAND , but kernel is too bad to use.
Battery drain fast, screen can not be waked up easy, this is why we not to do more test with NAND build, when phone in, screen not be waked up immediately, we miss the call, maybe important call.

haret method is great to daily use, battery can stand by over 35 hours, press power button, screen wake up success without no fail.
I guess i'll make PM my next priority for this kernel. I'm no longer gonna commit anything to haret unless its a hand me down. So i'll save time there.

Lot of work to do so i'll need the rest of the team to handle GB while i handle the kernel.

Edit: Started looking into the power manangement. I'm unsure of the pmsleep modes we pass down on the cmdline. Anyone know the specifics of what these pm sleep modes do? I want to replace all this cmdline pmsleep modes since i dont see why the option is even there.

Last edited by [ACL]; 07-14-2011 at 11:42 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development