PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 01-07: Panel power on/off fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Did you modify the initramfs to load your button mappings or something? The replimenu didn't work for me when I tried that. Also, you can try the latest tars from here: Android HTC - Browse Files at SourceForge.net
Nope no modification was necessary. To get to the replimenu hold the Vol Up key. Then the screen can be used instead of the keys... Not perfect but it works. Touch the lower left to go down and lower right to go up, then touch the center for OK.

I just installed the most recent Vogue from the link you gave me above.

How are you guys making your initramfs, I think this is where I'm going wrong? Here is the script that I made...
Code:
cd initramfs
find . | cpio -o -H newc | gzip > ../initrd.gz
cd ../
mv initrd.gz tinboot-linux-msm/kernel/initrd.gz
echo rm initrd.gz
Old 02-03-2011, 08:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

havent hand time to mess with this at all last night. I passed out in my chair and never work up. Now i gotta get my ass to work.

Nate: bootenv in Tinboot for linux-msm - Gitorious

That will be our initird repo.

Last edited by [ACL]; 02-03-2011 at 08:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Flashaholic!

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
havent hand time to mess with this at all last night. I passed out in my chair and never work up. Now i gotta get my ass to work.

This is great! Thanks ACL!
But can you build it? If I run the BuildInitrd script my initrd.gz turns out to be like 250 MB...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:07 AM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
This is great! Thanks ACL!
But can you build it? If I run the BuildInitrd script my initrd.gz turns out to be like 250 MB...
havent really tried. same happens when u run the commands individually?

i guess i m wondering if the cpio or the gz part is ballooning it up
Old 02-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Flashaholic!

Quote:
havent really tried. same happens when u run the commands individually?

i guess i m wondering if the cpio or the gz part is ballooning it up
Yes. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the files in the bin folder. They should be just a link and not the whole file.
I'm Not sure how to do that just yet...
Old 02-03-2011, 11:19 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Yes. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the files in the bin folder. They should be just a link and not the whole file.
I'm Not sure how to do that just yet...
really? ahh ok this is my fault then. You are right these supposed to be links.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Flashaholic!

Quote:
really? ahh ok this is my fault then. You are right these supposed to be links.
Not a problem. Vogue is the same way as yours though...
I think its in the build script, but not sure...

Also do you have a TAR of the FRX04?
I made one but I can't get it to boot, I also included the files from the Rootfs.
Thanks!

Error I get with my tar:
A N D R O I D [xxx] init:Unable to open persistent property directory /data/property error:2

Last edited by Lmiller1708; 02-03-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

I made one but I can't get it to boot, I also included the files from the Rootfs.
Thanks!

Error I get with my tar:
A N D R O I D [xxx] init:Unable to open persistent property directory /data/property error:2
if android is saying that then the issue is on the /data portion not the system. I will upload my frx4 tarball.

When you mount data, there is a number of directories that must exist since our scripts dont make it for us. Just make sure they are already created before android begins.

Thanks for all the testing by the way.. glad i can count on you guys to hone this project to perfection.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Nope no modification was necessary. To get to the replimenu hold the Vol Up key. Then the screen can be used instead of the keys... Not perfect but it works. Touch the lower left to go down and lower right to go up, then touch the center for OK.

I just installed the most recent Vogue from the link you gave me above.

How are you guys making your initramfs, I think this is where I'm going wrong? Here is the script that I made...
Code:
cd initramfs
find . | cpio -o -H newc | gzip > ../initrd.gz
cd ../
mv initrd.gz tinboot-linux-msm/kernel/initrd.gz
echo rm initrd.gz
Ah, see, I got into replimenu, but I could never get it to move up or down. I did try clicking around on the screen, pressing all the buttons, and even using the hardware keyboard. Maybe I was just pressing in the wrong areas.

I'll be looking at the initramfs stuff tonight when I get off work. The links are easy to create, but we need to make sure that all of the files exist in our system. I have a feeling they are using some we aren't because they actually have full NAND working.

Quote:

Awesome! I'll set up my key tonight when I get home. Last night I worked on looking through our initrd and rootfs to see what was already handled by the Vogue initrd. I'm slowly migrating each component we need into the bootenv init, and when it's done, I'll be able to update our init on the repo.

I think I'm going to make some changes to the installer as well so that we use volume up/down to navigate the menu, then power button to select. Just means I have to migrate button mappings into bootenv as well.

Quote:

Thanks!
If you are still using the Vogue initrd, you would need to make changes to call the rootfs init. Another option you could try is to replace the system files in the Vogue androidinstall.tgz with the files from FRX04 and see if their Android init file works.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Also thought I'd post this here. I have been thinking about a way to get the SIM card working on CDMA phones, and I might have a great idea for someone like ACL to check out.

While in Android, plug in the USB. As long as USB is plugged in, your phone is receiving enough power to continue running without a battery. Yup, you guessed it. Yank that battery, and Android will still run so you can mess around with the SIM card slot.

Unfortunately, Android doesn't recognize the slot or when you slide things in our out, but the phone certainly reboots when looking for the sdcard on boot if you have a SIM card in the slot. This is happening during initrd phase, so we have something in there that references the SIM card slot properly but must be trying to access it in an improper way.

One of my goals is to force the correct location for our SD card in bootenv. Without having the logic that looks for the location of the sd card slot, I think we might be able to dumb luck our way into finding the SIM card slot
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development