PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 01-07: Panel power on/off fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
dzo responded! Gotta love the guy. Here's what he told me... I think the HD2 guys came to the same conclusion, AFAIK: (seems like you have as well )

I hope it does too. Let me know how it goes!
Thanks arrrghhh!

More for reference...

Here is a Normal Vogue ROM NBInfo 2.1rc2 VOGUE '..\OS.nb.payload' has val - Vogue
Here is a Normal TP2 ROM NBInfo 2.1rc2 TP2 '..\OS.nb.payload' has valid - TP2

Not too sure how to change the partition table just yet, even if we figure this out what are the values we need to change them too, ideas?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
dzo responded! Gotta love the guy. Here's what he told me... I think the HD2 guys came to the same conclusion, AFAIK: (seems like you have as well )

I hope it does too. Let me know how it goes!
guy is a legend.. to think, dzo knows we exist.

Unfortunately i know shit about partition tables.. good thing nate has a better grasp.

also who is an SPL master ? someone who knows all those mtty commands? would be nice to just do this via spl and call it a day.

Worse case cant we sniff the usb traffic to mtty and see how winmo does its nonsense ?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
guy is a legend.. to think, dzo knows we exist.

Unfortunately i know shit about partition tables.. good thing nate has a better grasp.

also who is an SPL master ? someone who knows all those mtty commands? would be nice to just do this via spl and call it a day.

Worse case cant we sniff the usb traffic to mtty and see how winmo does its nonsense ?
I am totally stoked by that information. For partition tables, I'm going to take a look into that. What we need at this point is to find out where the NAND starts, position tinboot with the small partition table so it only uses one block, figure out the offset for the rest of it, and put that into the mtdparts command. It's all HEX based for sizes, and is pretty easy to compute. I think following along the way the Vogue does things for now would be good until we can learn why they did them that way :P

Also, I'll try to get info on mtty, and you can always use snoopy pro: http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbsnoop/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
I am totally stoked by that information. For partition tables, I'm going to take a look into that. What we need at this point is to find out where the NAND starts, position tinboot with the small partition table so it only uses one block, figure out the offset for the rest of it, and put that into the mtdparts command. It's all HEX based for sizes, and is pretty easy to compute. I think following along the way the Vogue does things for now would be good until we can learn why they did them that way :P

Also, I'll try to get info on mtty, and you can always use snoopy pro: Usb Sniffer for Windows | Download Usb Sniffer for Windows software for free at SourceForge.net
there is really no need right ? We are sending the imgfs in the payload. Vogue adds this separately through tinboot. So we we need to mod our payload and strip the imgfs portion so we can add it to tinboot as well. We can actually use their emtpy imgfs which will just wipe one block. I dont think the partition table on the vogue even matches the mtd parts.

I can try to snoop the mtty tonight and see what the whole flash process looks like.

who isnt working right now? come on someone lets try this !!!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
there is really no need right ? We are sending the imgfs in the payload. Vogue adds this separately through tinboot. So we we need to mod our payload and strip the imgfs portion so we can add it to tinboot as well. We can actually use their emtpy imgfs which will just wipe one block. I dont think the partition table on the vogue even matches the mtd parts.

I can try to snoop the mtty tonight and see what the whole flash process looks like.

Tried running it on Windows 7 but it didn't work for me.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Tried running it on Windows 7 but it didn't work for me.
Yeah, to get mtty or snoopy pro to work on Win7, you have to restart the computer with driver enforcement disabled, then install the driver, then go at it, and you will have to restart with driver enforcement disabled every single time you want to do it.

I actually keep an old XP laptop laying around just for the purpose of running old stuff like this
Old 02-09-2011, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:

Yeah, what I am looking at is finding out exactly where the NAND starts so we can put tinboot at the very beginning and maximize the amount of space we have to use on NAND. I guess it doesn't really matter at this point since we know the locations we are writing to are valid.

I guess we could try using the vogue's current tinboot build, make the MTYPE change, mem start change and other changes and see how it works. I was in the process of doing that last night just to see if it worked by chance, but I got pulled away by the wife. Unfortunately, we have a dinner party at some friends tonight, so I won't have a computer all night
Old 02-09-2011, 02:54 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Yeah, what I am looking at is finding out exactly where the NAND starts so we can put tinboot at the very beginning and maximize the amount of space we have to use on NAND. I guess it doesn't really matter at this point since we know the locations we are writing to are valid.

I guess we could try using the vogue's current tinboot build, make the MTYPE change, mem start change and other changes and see how it works. I was in the process of doing that last night just to see if it worked by chance, but I got pulled away by the wife. Unfortunately, we have a dinner party at some friends tonight, so I won't have a computer all night
i already diff'ed the tinboot sources and they aren't that different. Lmiller actually already added the emptyimgs portion at the end but one thing missing is removing it from the payload. I'm not sure how to do this.. is there a partition table editor ? lol or do we have to hex edit it out?

Or take the partitions table and hex edit it to match our layout. This way we dont remove data, just modify it.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

lmiller, you tryin the driver again or you need me to try?
Old 02-09-2011, 04:47 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
lmiller, you tryin the driver again or you need me to try?
damn.. you look hungry.. like you wanna test. sounds like you are ready to modify some partition tables..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development