PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 09:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well that must be why I had a glitchy boot animation.

The package before only contained the graloc file for the sd card. No libGLES.

Putting them both in seems to be good now.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 12-11: Panel power off and on now working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
alright thx acl. Ya i just changed from haret to nand and i can tell you it is way better. i got a quick question if i put the gralloc, libgles, and build.prop on the root of the sd card is that all i have to do and im good? cuz it was different in haret.
its good as long as you modify the conf file as well. Thats how its done in haret anyways..
Old 12-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
its good as long as you modify the conf file as well. Thats how its done in haret anyways..
i thought nate cooked it for us like that....?
Old 12-15-2010, 12:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
i thought nate cooked it for us like that....?
I did cook it into the rootfs, so you no longer need to modify the conf file. If gralloc, libGLES, and build.prop are there, it will use it instead of the default files. If they aren't there, it just uses the default files.

I made this specific change because gralloc is already added in rootfs by the time the last commands go through. I thought perhaps that was causing issues and decided to make it an either use the SD card or use the default file.

Also, this method makes it much easier for those who weren't sure what to do with the conf file (especially since tiad's commands are wrong in his post).
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
i just fixed this at the kernel level .. i will update tomorrow
Awesome news. Once that fix is pushed through, I'll build one giant package like reefer does for haret builds. I kind of go under the presumption that people know what they are doing flashing this to NAND, but I've gotten a lot of PM's about making a full package because they can't get it working.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Awesome news. Once that fix is pushed through, I'll build one giant package like reefer does for haret builds. I kind of go under the presumption that people know what they are doing flashing this to NAND, but I've gotten a lot of PM's about making a full package because they can't get it working.
Yea it's funny you'd think those green newbies would shy away from something as bold as flashing Android... I guess people's hatred for WinMo drives them to do crazy things!

With that said, I would like to see a full bundle. Less silly questions to answer (hopefully!)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:48 PM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
lol.. careful.. people can be really dumb and kill their phones and all of the sudden you are the evil guy.

Like i always say.. nand is for the bold and brave.. and majority of the folk out there aren't ready for it. They wont be until we go full nand where everything is managed.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:50 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Yea it's funny you'd think those green newbies would shy away from something as bold as flashing Android... I guess people's hatred for WinMo drives them to do crazy things!

With that said, I would like to see a full bundle. Less silly questions to answer (hopefully!)
took the words right out of my mouth..

this is just dev only and should be treated as so. Or else this thread will get flooded with noob questions and will kill our progress. We should make like a written test to see if they can dump crap from haret before they use :-p
Old 12-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 12-14: Panel power off fixes and new rootfs (important update

had the second to latest build working off a 1gb because i assumed i'd only be testing with it. however, it's pretty darn solid, so i'm useing my 8gb instead with the latest build. couldn't get it to boot last night n now the bats dead and i'm stuck in a boot loop. gains enough power to turn on n start booting, then it dies while booting... etc.... ima try n catch it when it gains charge to boot n be holding bootload buttons down? idk lol got n idea for me?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 12-14: Panel power off fixes and new rootfs (important update

lol This n00b seemed to figure out NAND. I'd like to do more for you guys.

I can't say I wasn't flamed before when I thought I bricked my phone from a dead battery. But I learned quite a bit so far. Still plenty more to know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development