PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel Plan on Verizon

arik is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@%&$#! Refurb Phones!

I bought my Alltel Touch the week it came out. Not a bad phone as I do use it a lot. It still works completely with out issues. But the layers of the screen look like they are coming apart. Its easiest to see when the screen is off or in the right angle of light. Rainbow effects. sort of like when you break an LCD in a calculator. It doesn't cover the whole screen. just about 30% of it, when you don't touch it. It will move around the screen and get bigger or smaller depending on where you touch it. Even though its not always real visible when the screen in on, I called tech support for a new phone thinking that there maybe future problems. Told them, what was going on,they agreed with what I was thinking, and sent a refurb phone.
Phone has two fibers under screen. one about 4 cm long folded over it self making a loop, top left of screen. 2nd one a few mm long in center of screen. Very obvious when screen is used, especially when that part of the screen is white. Also screen is not as bright as the one I already have. Called tech support. Sent 2nd phone
This screen is also not as bright as the one I already have, but more obvious then that is that its slightly yellow. At first I was unsure if it was just me. I put it up to my original touch and its VERY obvious. Screen has a dull yellow tint to it! WTF!

My question is this. Call Tech support again', and hope my next refurb phone is actually refurbished? Or keep my phone and hope it doesn't get worse? Any ideas on why my phone does this rainbow effect would be great. Also, phone has never been wet, so do not think its water in the screen.
Thanks in advance!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:30 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: @%&$#! Refurb Phones!

i get what you mean about the refurbs march in the store and say i got this phone as a refurb and as you can see it is not very well refurbed... so can you supply me with a new one

Old 09-04-2008, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
i get what you mean about the refurbs march in the store and say i got this phone as a refurb and as you can see it is not very well refurbed... so can you supply me with a new one
I don't live near an Alltel store, closest store is about an hour away. So its not that easy. I get them mailed to me. I just call them and tell them whats up and they mail me a phone. So right now I have two phones and I am not sure to keep mine or call and try again. Also, if they don't get the phone back within 7 days they charge me $500 for the phone, so I can't just sit around and think about it.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arik View Post
I don't live near an Alltel store, closest store is about an hour away. So its not that easy. I get them mailed to me. I just call them and tell them whats up and they mail me a phone. So right now I have two phones and I am not sure to keep mine or call and try again. Also, if they don't get the phone back within 7 days they charge me $500 for the phone, so I can't just sit around and think about it.
I would call them and get another phone. If the screen is already bad then dont accept that.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:50 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
I would call them and get another phone. If the screen is already bad then dont accept that.
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 09-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

I would call and get another... I went through something similar with my 6800 with Alltel. My first one, I purchase brand new, somehow a pin broke in the mini usb and it wouldn't sync. So I called Alltel and they sent me a refurb. The first refurb had sticky keys on my keyboard. I had to push some really hard and you would hear a cracking noise. Called again and the third one had a white spot on the screen. Called again... And the 4th one had sticky keys, a bad vibrator, and a white spot. This time I was pissed and called back and they sent me a new phone! Finally I am now happy again...

So if I were you, I wouldn't settle. Make them send you an A$$ of phones and then I think it's the 5th one and they will send you a brand new one! You paid a $hit ton of $$ for that phone and you shouldn't have to settle for crap.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
+111111111

Old 09-05-2008, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc0480 View Post
I would call and get another... I went through something similar with my 6800 with Alltel. My first one, I purchase brand new, somehow a pin broke in the mini usb and it wouldn't sync. So I called Alltel and they sent me a refurb. The first refurb had sticky keys on my keyboard. I had to push some really hard and you would hear a cracking noise. Called again and the third one had a white spot on the screen. Called again... And the 4th one had sticky keys, a bad vibrator, and a white spot. This time I was pissed and called back and they sent me a new phone! Finally I am now happy again...

So if I were you, I wouldn't settle. Make them send you an A$$ of phones and then I think it's the 5th one and they will send you a brand new one! You paid a $hit ton of $$ for that phone and you shouldn't have to settle for crap.
I am about 90% sure Alltel contracts a company out to work on their refurb phones. A while back before WM phones.. I had a LG refurb mailed to me and I got a phone for another company (not Alltel, smaller company from out west, dont' rememeber who). Same model, but was never fixed. Once phone battery died would never recharge.
Hope they don't pay them a lot and sounds like they should look else where, or just wait till we are all Verizon.
On that note, I found out last week that a compairable price to what my plan is with Alltel will cost over $40 more (Nearing $150 or $160 a month!) with Verizon. So if I can't keep my Alltel plan (on contract so hoping) with Verizon after the take over, I will look else where for service. Verizon is a RIP OFF. Been with Alltel 5 years now and have no clue who to go to, with out the sore knees and salty tast in my mouth. All others always seem to over charge. Ideas?
Old 09-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arik View Post
I am about 90% sure Alltel contracts a company out to work on their refurb phones. A while back before WM phones.. I had a LG refurb mailed to me and I got a phone for another company (not Alltel, smaller company from out west, dont' rememeber who). Same model, but was never fixed. Once phone battery died would never recharge.
Hope they don't pay them a lot and sounds like they should look else where, or just wait till we are all Verizon.
On that note, I found out last week that a compairable price to what my plan is with Alltel will cost over $40 more (Nearing $150 or $160 a month!) with Verizon. So if I can't keep my Alltel plan (on contract so hoping) with Verizon after the take over, I will look else where for service. Verizon is a RIP OFF. Been with Alltel 5 years now and have no clue who to go to, with out the sore knees and salty tast in my mouth. All others always seem to over charge. Ideas?
I dont know... I hear ya though... Alltel is probably the best deal out there right now. It will royally piss me off if my price goes to $150. Also Verizon has a f'ing download cap, while as far as I know Alltel does not. The merger is either going to be really good, or really bad and I'm hoping for the good. Verizon gets better phones, and I'm hoping the new Google phone will be released on Verizon, while on the other hand, it's not worth it to me to increase my price by $50, just to get a wider selection of phones.

I aint blowing no one for a cell plan... So if Verizon thinks they can bend us over, I'm jumping ship. But to who? Sprint and AT&T suck balls too.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

brknnks is a n00b

This is my first post on here but been reading thsi site for some time great info on here. I talked to Alltel about the merger and they told me that whatever contract you are in atthe time of the switch you will be grandfathered to that plan on verizon until you go in and sign a new contract. So im guessing long as you never sign a new contract you will have your alltel plan.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue