PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

arik is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: @%&$#! Refurb Phones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc0480 View Post
I would call and get another... I went through something similar with my 6800 with Alltel. My first one, I purchase brand new, somehow a pin broke in the mini usb and it wouldn't sync. So I called Alltel and they sent me a refurb. The first refurb had sticky keys on my keyboard. I had to push some really hard and you would hear a cracking noise. Called again and the third one had a white spot on the screen. Called again... And the 4th one had sticky keys, a bad vibrator, and a white spot. This time I was pissed and called back and they sent me a new phone! Finally I am now happy again...

So if I were you, I wouldn't settle. Make them send you an A$$ of phones and then I think it's the 5th one and they will send you a brand new one! You paid a $hit ton of $$ for that phone and you shouldn't have to settle for crap.
I am about 90% sure Alltel contracts a company out to work on their refurb phones. A while back before WM phones.. I had a LG refurb mailed to me and I got a phone for another company (not Alltel, smaller company from out west, dont' rememeber who). Same model, but was never fixed. Once phone battery died would never recharge.
Hope they don't pay them a lot and sounds like they should look else where, or just wait till we are all Verizon.
On that note, I found out last week that a compairable price to what my plan is with Alltel will cost over $40 more (Nearing $150 or $160 a month!) with Verizon. So if I can't keep my Alltel plan (on contract so hoping) with Verizon after the take over, I will look else where for service. Verizon is a RIP OFF. Been with Alltel 5 years now and have no clue who to go to, with out the sore knees and salty tast in my mouth. All others always seem to over charge. Ideas?