View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 08:29 PM
arik
PPCGeeks Regular

arik is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@%&$#! Refurb Phones!

I bought my Alltel Touch the week it came out. Not a bad phone as I do use it a lot. It still works completely with out issues. But the layers of the screen look like they are coming apart. Its easiest to see when the screen is off or in the right angle of light. Rainbow effects. sort of like when you break an LCD in a calculator. It doesn't cover the whole screen. just about 30% of it, when you don't touch it. It will move around the screen and get bigger or smaller depending on where you touch it. Even though its not always real visible when the screen in on, I called tech support for a new phone thinking that there maybe future problems. Told them, what was going on,they agreed with what I was thinking, and sent a refurb phone.
Phone has two fibers under screen. one about 4 cm long folded over it self making a loop, top left of screen. 2nd one a few mm long in center of screen. Very obvious when screen is used, especially when that part of the screen is white. Also screen is not as bright as the one I already have. Called tech support. Sent 2nd phone
This screen is also not as bright as the one I already have, but more obvious then that is that its slightly yellow. At first I was unsure if it was just me. I put it up to my original touch and its VERY obvious. Screen has a dull yellow tint to it! WTF!

My question is this. Call Tech support again', and hope my next refurb phone is actually refurbished? Or keep my phone and hope it doesn't get worse? Any ideas on why my phone does this rainbow effect would be great. Also, phone has never been wet, so do not think its water in the screen.
Thanks in advance!