PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel Plan on Verizon
Threadstarter

arik is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: @%&$#! Refurb Phones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brknnks View Post
This is my first post on here but been reading thsi site for some time great info on here. I talked to Alltel about the merger and they told me that whatever contract you are in atthe time of the switch you will be grandfathered to that plan on verizon until you go in and sign a new contract. So im guessing long as you never sign a new contract you will have your alltel plan.
That would be great! As long as they always give me a way to change my circle, I really can't see why I would need to change my plan.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

adamseric77 is a n00b

Been with sprint 5 years. The first year was a little rough, but I will be honest over the last few years they really have gotten their act together, especially the last year and a half. They have begun treating their customers like gold because they can't afford not to. $115 per month unlimited everything plus phone as modem with a HTC Touch. The phone as modem is capped at 5 gigs for downloads, but does not limit any data on the phone itself. I live in NW Ohio and travel all over, and never have I been without a signal. So I would definitely reccomend.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamseric77 View Post
Been with sprint 5 years. The first year was a little rough, but I will be honest over the last few years they really have gotten their act together, especially the last year and a half. They have begun treating their customers like gold because they can't afford not to. $115 per month unlimited everything plus phone as modem with a HTC Touch. The phone as modem is capped at 5 gigs for downloads, but does not limit any data on the phone itself. I live in NW Ohio and travel all over, and never have I been without a signal. So I would definitely reccomend.
I pay a few $ less now, w/no cap on tethering, but if sh*t hits the fan I very well will look into that. The only other thing I would worry about is being able to use my current Alltel touch, as I wouldn't want to put the money up for another.
Cool, thanks on the info.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache 6700

whit is a n00b

The replacement 6800 I got from Verizon froze on the first boot! I have reflashed it numerous times and it still freezes up intermittmantly.

Any guesses as to what might be causing this or what I should do about it? Verizon isn't calling me asking for it back. Oh well....parts phone.

=D>
Old 09-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: Verizon

fordhacker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arik View Post
I don't live near an Alltel store, closest store is about an hour away. So its not that easy. I get them mailed to me. I just call them and tell them whats up and they mail me a phone. So right now I have two phones and I am not sure to keep mine or call and try again. Also, if they don't get the phone back within 7 days they charge me $500 for the phone, so I can't just sit around and think about it.
I have been dealing with the same thing. I have had 3 refurbed phones sent to me now. I went to the Alltel store and told them I didn't want to have another refurbished phone and wanted a new one. The guy at Alltel told me if I have problems with this last one they sent me that they will give me a brand new one. So maybe 4 times is the charm.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

roopull is becoming a great contributor

I went through 5 refurbed 6700s via Sprint before they finally gave me a NEW 6800... right from the box.

Afterwords, I heard an option is to go to non-official stores & lodge your complaints, there. For whatever reason, some folks have better results at mom & pop stores. If the nearest Alltell store is an hour away, though, I'm not sure if that's even an option.

In the end, if they're not providing you with a functioning phone (assuming you have a warranty and/or insurance,) then they're breaching the contract with you. Stop paying the bill & go somewhere else. I did that with Bellsouth Mobility back before they became Cingular/ATT & have had no ill side-effects. Your obligation is to pay the bill. Their obligation is to provide the services promised. Once they stop holding up their end, you have no obligation to hold up yours.

Good luck.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I called Alltel again yesterday and they told me I could go into a store and get a new phone, but they can't send me new phones through the mail. After I told her how far the stores are from me she called them and they just said if I shipped them my phone they would ship me a new one. (no phone for me for a few days) I can't do that so the girl told me she would put a request in explaining the troubles I have been having and maybe they would send a new one? My girl just called me and told me I just got a package so I know they over-nighted me the phone. I wont know if its new until I get home, but not expecting it to be.
I also asked about who works on the refurb phones and was told the phone manufacturer (in this case HTC) hires a contract company to work on their phones since it is under their 1 year warranty. Alltel just sends them the request and they ship out the phone. So it sounds like when they trade you a new phone for your crappy busted one, Alltel has to eat that cost.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Good on Alltell... much more cooperative than Sprint was for me!

...assuming, of course, that it's actually NEW.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopull View Post
Good on Alltell... much more cooperative than Sprint was for me!

...assuming, of course, that it's actually NEW.

No, not new. I ending up having to call back again as this phone is also broken... can't even turn it on. Alltel Rep told me that they are not able to ship new phones only refurbs so I have to go to a store. I guess, I am going on a short road trip. I thought you guys would like to see this pic. I didn't take pictures of the other two, but just as a reminder, this IS the 3rd reburb I have got to replace my Touch. Alltel or HTC or who ever should fire the guys that they contract out to do refurbs. Its almost like they are doing this on purpose.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Geeze. If I were in your shoes, I'd find the names & snail mail addresses of some of the higher ups at Alltell. Send them a polite & professional letter explaining your frustration along with that picture. I'd be willing to bet you get some response.

I did this YEARS ago with Verizon for a completely different reason. From the 1st day of my contract, they started sending me 2 bills each month. I'd call, think I had it ironed out, pay one of the bills & then they'd cut my service off. This went on for several months & the only way I could keep my phone active was to "double pay" my bill each month. It didn't take long for them to owe me a couple of hundred dollars.

I got fed up with the lack of customer service & did a little research. I found the names & addresses of everyone on Verizon's board & mailed them EACH copies of all my bills and a short, to the point, and very polite letter requesting help.

It took about two months, but the VP in charge of MARKETING of all things got it all straightened out. Not only did she get my billing straightened out, but she cut me a check for DOUBLE the amount they actuallyowed me. She said that part was her personal "apology" for her company's failings.

Good luck! And, if you do go the snail mail route, let us all know how it goes.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue