PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 02:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: Verizon

jrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good workjrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW replacing TP1 with TP2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Great post, thanks for sharing it with all of us! I have a similar, still developing, yet not as awesome (because I have yet to get a TP2 upgrade) story.

I was an Alltel customer, forced over to Verizon in November due to the merger, and when my original TP from Alltel became defective I emailed Tech-Support, and they replaced it (JUST received replacement today via FedEx) with a Verizon model TP (which I had no idea has less ram!!!)

So now with a lesser phone replacement, I called to express my dissatisfaction, and also the replacement phone they sent me didn't have a battery cover-plate or battery (standard procedure they said for 'like new replacements' according to them) and that they didn't have any back-plates in stock to send me (since my Alltel phone's shape was different, and I couldn't simply swap the battery covers as they assumed)

So, now I have a phone with less RAM and no battery-cover, so they say "We don't have that part stocked... YOU'LL HAVE TO CALL HTC AND ORDER ONE, AND PAY FOR IT OUT OF POCKET AND WE'LL REIMBURSE YOU NEXT MONTH ON YOUR STATEMENT." (Actual quote!)

So, I called HTC, got transferred THREE times... then got transferred to some outside satellite distributor company called Personal Device Distributor, or something like that... and got transferred TWO MORE TIMES to a girl who admitted she was eating her lunch, away from her computer, AND CARRYING ON another conversation with a co-worker in the break room... AND SHE SAID SINCE SHE WASN'T AT HER DESK SHE COULD TAKE MY INFO DOWN INCLUDING MY CREDIT CARD, on a PEN AND NAPKIN!!!

So, I ended up paying $38 PLUS shipping for a .25oz plastic piece that goes on the back of my phone, with a person who treated me like a dog, chewed her food while talking to me, and scribbled my sensitive info on a napkin - all because Verizon didn't make the necessary preparations for a merger of devices, AND TOLD ME to go use my own time and resources ($) to buy a battery cover myself (AFTER sending my a lower-level reduced RAM phone)

I emailed Verizon this entire story, and they wrote me back saying "Take it up with HTC." WHAT!?!? HTC didn't sell my the initial phone, HTC didn't force me into Verizon's service after the merger, HTC didn't mandate a reduced RAM phone, HTC didn't transfer me a combined 5 times to some rude doofus on their break, HTC didn't lack the foresight to stock simple parts for one of Verizon's best selling smart-phones....... VERIZON DID ALL OF THIS, and then TOLD ME to take it up with HTC!

I have not gone any further with this situation yet, I am exhausted and angry...

ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM ANYONE? Thanks
after all that trouble they should just send you a tp2 or at least another alltel tp since the verizon version is SOOOOOOOOO slow! I have yet to figure out why verizon was the only carrier to have the their touch pro with less ram and more bloatware
Old 11-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodizzkool01 View Post
after all that trouble they should just send you a tp2 or at least another alltel tp since the verizon version is SOOOOOOOOO slow! I have yet to figure out why verizon was the only carrier to have the their touch pro with less ram and more bloatware
That's what I think too!! LOL

Here is what I just wrote to Verizon's Customer Service (through an email chain I have going with them now that is 6 replies deep between the two of us):

Good afternoon,

Upon trying to activate my factory-warranty replacement HTC Touch Pro (Verizon model) I received via FedEx this week, I was prompted with a recorded message: "Programming this phone may alter your terms and conditions with Asurion - to continue, please stay on the line." I hung up before programming was completed, because when activating the factory-warranty replacement Motorola Q9c this week, that message was never given.

I think this problem might be a result of my Alltel Touch-Pro being replaced with a Verizon Touch-Pro, although it shouldn't matter since both replacement phones are factory replacements, and not insurance related claims at all. I would like to request an explanation of this, and also be reassured that my insurance will not be affected in any way as a result of activating any warranty replacement phone please.

Also, I would like to mail back the sent factory-warranty replacement Verizon HTC Touch Pro, and have it exchanged with an Alltel Touch Pro, since the Verizon model has a greatly reduced RAM memory; I respectfully believe it is only fair to have a phone replaced with the same model, without sacrificing functionality or hardware abilities/RAM memory.

Thank you very much

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I am attaching an image of what I have on my hands now, lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alltel and Verizon HTC Touch Pro.jpg (272.2 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by HTC Touch-Pro; 11-26-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ut starcom 6700
Carrier: alltel

cloudn9ne is a n00b

I was having some issues with my Alltel TP1 and decided to call Verizon to see if i could get another refurb. I talked to the rep and he asked if I would be interested in switching over to a Verizon phone. I asked what my options were and was offered a Verizon TP2 or Imagio or I could get an Alltel TP1 or diamond. Of course I choose the TP2 and got a NIB TP2 a few days later.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudn9ne View Post
I was having some issues with my Alltel TP1 and decided to call Verizon to see if i could get another refurb. I talked to the rep and he asked if I would be interested in switching over to a Verizon phone. I asked what my options were and was offered a Verizon TP2 or Imagio or I could get an Alltel TP1 or diamond. Of course I choose the TP2 and got a NIB TP2 a few days later.
If only my life worked like this... I could be enjoying quite the Christmas present!!!

Wish I had that sorta' luck... in stead I get sent to pay for my own replacement parts, and get downgraded to Verizon phone with less RAM.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Here is my latest e-mail (just written this morning at 8am EST)

.... FINGERS CROSSED!!! (Read last couple sentences, haha! I REALLY tried to go over-the-top)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your e-mail. Now that the Touch Pro is being replaced with like-model from Alltel, you mentioned that you do not stock the back-plate; as was also the case on the Verizon Touch Pro that was sent out to me. Since I have already packaged and sent my previous Alltel Touch Pro in the prepaid box, how am I to receive a back-plate for this phone? Also, why was my original message not included in this reply as was the case with all correspondence before? My concerns about the automated voice-prompt regarding Asurion being possibly changed when I called in to program the Verizon Touch Pro were not addressed; I wanted to make sure before activating/programming any replacement phone that my terms and conditions would not be changed or affected at all with Asurion, because this replacement is a factory warranty replacement and should be noted and fulfilled as such, unassociated with Asurion or insurance-claim of any kind.

I understand and truly appreciate your attempt to make this situation right by replacing my Alltel Touch Pro, with an Alltel Touch Pro - but the repeat issue of not having the back plate in stock, and now possibly having to prolong the service and hardware issues I have been facing for quite some time, coupled with the hoops I have already jumped through and disappointments I have suffered, I honestly cannot go without a complete functional phone any longer. Using this device primarily as a business tool, and having to heavily rely on it for appointments, web-searching, client correspondence, and GPS routing to appointments for my small business operation, I would like to make a request to be upgraded to the Verizon Touch Pro 2. *The TP2 being a Verizon phone will make my transition complete, allow me to take advantage of all the Windows Mobile tools I am used to and desperately need, and will put an immediate end to the back-and-forth ship/ship-back of these devices that are being sent, not in stock, missing pieces, or necessitate my time and resources to purchase parts on my own and wait to be credited for the purchase price etc. I very sincerely believe this option would not only solve this entire situation instantly, but would also leave me with an absolute sense of satisfaction and would erase the previous weeks of sub-par support, and set a new solid foundation for being a pleased and loyal Verizon customer into the future.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration of my request, as a customer I humbly and wholly believe it would be the perfect resolution
Old 11-27-2009, 10:45 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Here is my latest e-mail (just written this morning at 8am EST)

.... FINGERS CROSSED!!! (Read last couple sentences, haha! I REALLY tried to go over-the-top)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your e-mail. Now that the Touch Pro is being replaced with like-model from Alltel, you mentioned that you do not stock the back-plate; as was also the case on the Verizon Touch Pro that was sent out to me. Since I have already packaged and sent my previous Alltel Touch Pro in the prepaid box, how am I to receive a back-plate for this phone? Also, why was my original message not included in this reply as was the case with all correspondence before? My concerns about the automated voice-prompt regarding Asurion being possibly changed when I called in to program the Verizon Touch Pro were not addressed; I wanted to make sure before activating/programming any replacement phone that my terms and conditions would not be changed or affected at all with Asurion, because this replacement is a factory warranty replacement and should be noted and fulfilled as such, unassociated with Asurion or insurance-claim of any kind.

I understand and truly appreciate your attempt to make this situation right by replacing my Alltel Touch Pro, with an Alltel Touch Pro - but the repeat issue of not having the back plate in stock, and now possibly having to prolong the service and hardware issues I have been facing for quite some time, coupled with the hoops I have already jumped through and disappointments I have suffered, I honestly cannot go without a complete functional phone any longer. Using this device primarily as a business tool, and having to heavily rely on it for appointments, web-searching, client correspondence, and GPS routing to appointments for my small business operation, I would like to make a request to be upgraded to the Verizon Touch Pro 2. *The TP2 being a Verizon phone will make my transition complete, allow me to take advantage of all the Windows Mobile tools I am used to and desperately need, and will put an immediate end to the back-and-forth ship/ship-back of these devices that are being sent, not in stock, missing pieces, or necessitate my time and resources to purchase parts on my own and wait to be credited for the purchase price etc. I very sincerely believe this option would not only solve this entire situation instantly, but would also leave me with an absolute sense of satisfaction and would erase the previous weeks of sub-par support, and set a new solid foundation for being a pleased and loyal Verizon customer into the future.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration of my request, as a customer I humbly and wholly believe it would be the perfect resolution
Lemme know how this works out bro. I too am a Alltel customer sucked into the Verizon network. My Alltel TP has been replaced 5 times now due to defective issues. The previous time was right after V took over. Rep on the phone noted how many I have had so far and told me to go in store so they could give me a NEW replacement, the manager would authorize when she read my account. SO I went in the store and stood for an hour ......another story.......and then th emanager says oh well I don't handle returns and tells an associate to help me. I give him the full story about how many I have had and why......he said since I had only 2 sent to my house nad the other two were replced in store, that I had to get one more exchange by mail before they could help me in store.......SO I got a refurb TP1 a day later and now it is acting funny and the screen randomly chooses when it will and when it won't recognize touch...... I am gonna call them first. I'll keep ya'll posted.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I DID IT... IT WORKED!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------

Thank you for your response, my focus is to offer the
best option possible. I have reviewed your a/c and we can accomodate your request for the touch pro2 please verify the address where you would like this equipment to be shipped to and I will process that order for you.
Just be aware that equipmenet order will come with a 2yr contract extension. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services.
Joel
Analyst Tech support

--------------------------------------

WOW, I can't believe something actually worked. I had to go through some aggravation, sure, but the order has been placed and I'll be getting a TP2 Monday or Tuesday he said in a follow-up email!

The only thing I think is maybe 10% shady, is the 2-year mandatory extension, I can live with it... but I've been out of contract for a long time, and this might screw me if I want to upgrade to the Droid or the HD2 in the future at the discounted price. OH WELL, I can't complain to be honest!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ut starcom 6700
Carrier: alltel

cloudn9ne is a n00b

If anyone else is interested in trying you should call verizon tech support and state that you would like to switch to a verizon phone and ask what your options are. If they offer you a verizon tp state it does not have enough ram to function as you are accustomed to and if they offer you a diamond state you require a physical keyboard. I did a *228 before I called and they said it looked like I knew what I was doing to trouble shoot my phone. Also state you did a hard reset and explain the steps you followed. I did not even have to haggle to get my TP2 it was offered up front even with alltel touch pros in stock. Hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Just got an email from Verizon with FedEx tracking number!! I will have a TP2 in hand by Tuesday at the latest!!

I know there is another sub-forum dedicated to the TP2 which I'll be transitioing to, but I wanted to ask here first: Can anyone list for me, or point me to a good resource of the improvements and differences between the TP1 and TP2? Aside from FM Radio, Built-in 3.5 headphone jack, larger/better screen, and a re-vamped keyboard layout and increased RAM, is there anything worth noting that I can get some use out of? THANKS A LOT
Old 11-29-2009, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

cassith is keeping up the good workcassith is keeping up the good work

Honestly(and I don't mean to pop your happy bubble!), you should have called CS many many times until they made this situation right for you and NOT get sucked back into contract. They always try to push customers who don't know any better into something that can be totally avoided and it's totally wrong. They tried the same crap w/me; my TP1 was finally replaced with a Tour but not before they added very slyly, "We can send that out to you but we will have to extend your contract." I pretty much said that is NOT happening, there is no reason to do that, and she dropped the subject without argument. It may still be ok to try and ratify that if you don't want to be in a contract ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro