PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 01:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Metalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Just got off the phone with sprint explained to them my problems....I called all afternoon kept getting put on hold. One guy actually said he wouldnt be able to troubleshoot my phone problems with me and told me he will look into my replacement options and put me on hold and guess what call dropped! So i called one more time during the afternoon and again got put on hold explained to the other guy that answered what I had been speaking to earlier with the other guy/and lady he also putt me on hold and never came back on the line...I got a little upset and just gave up on the phone and went to the store. Got there and said techs leave around 6-6:30pm even though i checked online and said repair hours till 8 pM( i got there at 6:50pm) ...so did some other errands and got home just now and decided to give sprint one more call hoping they were still open and not even more than 4 rings later a lady answers me I told her the story again and told her i waste my time going to the store for nothing...I asked if i could just get my phone replaced and she said sure and gave me the list of phones tp2 was one of them of course. So i choose that one and bingo already got my email confirmation about the replacement.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:44 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmayhem View Post
Just got off the phone with sprint explained to them my problems....I called all afternoon kept getting put on hold. One guy actually said he wouldnt be able to troubleshoot my phone problems with me and told me he will look into my replacement options and put me on hold and guess what call dropped! So i called one more time during the afternoon and again got put on hold explained to the other guy that answered what I had been speaking to earlier with the other guy/and lady he also putt me on hold and never came back on the line...I got a little upset and just gave up on the phone and went to the store. Got there and said techs leave around 6-6:30pm even though i checked online and said repair hours till 8 pM( i got there at 6:50pm) ...so did some other errands and got home just now and decided to give sprint one more call hoping they were still open and not even more than 4 rings later a lady answers me I told her the story again and told her i waste my time going to the store for nothing...I asked if i could just get my phone replaced and she said sure and gave me the list of phones tp2 was one of them of course. So i choose that one and bingo already got my email confirmation about the replacement.
glad for you metalmayhem! whoohoo! join me in the tp2 world

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

samaritrey is a n00b

Add me to the TP2 world too! went to the store to complain about my phone and they said yep will order you a new one. then the woman came over and told me she could not order me a tp she had to order me a TP2 so i played dumb and had her tell me all about it before i accepted it lol. BTW the chrome on my refub was flaking after one day of using it that is pathetic.

OH Yeah!!
ATT ~2005-2007 V220, V3
Sprint 2007-NOW Vogue had issues upgrade me to TP in 2009, TP had issues upgrade me to TP2 in 2010 all for free lol

Last edited by samaritrey; 02-13-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I called sprint instead of going into the store again to replace my
phone because of overheating and keyboard is issues (I had just gotten
this phone about 4 days before), the rep I talked to said that all I
could do was upgrade because I have no contact I explained to her that
I have insurance on the line and that it covers manufacture defects.
She eventually agreed and had told me that they have had tons of
issues with this phone. So I kind of hinted at all these problems I
was having and told her that I was offered a pre in stores but it
wasn't compatible with my plan, she told me that all she could do was
replace it for another touch pro, she actually said that although
you've had issues it doesn't mean everyone of the millions people have
had issues (contradicting what she said before). She actually told me
before that all I could do was go through asurain to get my phone
replaced, I had to explain the insurance to her... But anyways she
went ahead and said that she could replace it for another touch pro
and I said that's alright if that's all you can do. Then she went to
start the claim and she said "Oh... This is weird, I haven't seen this
before... It looks like we have a few replacement options" She read off a
few phones starting with the touch pro then a few in between then she
finally got to the Touch Pro 2, I asked if I would be able to try that
because of all the issues I've had with this model. She said that
would be fine, told me I would receive an email confirmation and hoped
me better luck with this phone. She was nice but didn't seem to know
too much about what she was talking about. Either way, I got a Touch
Pro 2 that should be here in a few days, hopefully it will work better
then this.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint -/|

mykie is becoming a great contributor

In the 6 days I've had my refurbished replacement TP, I've experienced the following problems:
(Countless times) Phone goes to sleep, powers off randomly despite charge level
(Twice) Lost data connection in a good area, had to soft-reset to get it back
(Twice) Unresponsive after a night of charging, only a soft-reset would revive it
Battery got super hot, phone locked up
Keyboard is very laggy, I can get 5-10 words typed before the screen responds
Receiving an MMS is very slow, sometimes they don't show up at all. Sending is almost instantaneous, even to other carriers.

This is all after a hard reset and flashed with the newest rom from Sprint's site.

Think with all these issues, they'll replace my phone with a TP?
Old 02-15-2010, 02:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

from ur problems you will definitely get a replacement now it upto ur luck which phone you get. if they have touch pro 2s in stock u can get that, if not ul just get another refurb TP. Since they seem to come and go outta stock on a weekly basis try to get them to replace it with a TP2 if they say they cant as its out of stock then get them to note that u were offered it in ur account and then keep calling every day /2nd day asking if its in stock yet, and once it is bada bing bada boom u got urself a tp2.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:20 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Sprint sent me a TP2 couple months ago, i didn't talk to any1 at the store, I only has a 5 minutes conversation with *2....TP2 never came up in the conversation.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost Mobile

TheTenthLetter is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TheTenthLetter

Anyone using this phone on Boost tried this yet? My TP battery does get really hot and the system gets laggy (using the stock ROM even!). The phone was actually a replacement from like a month ago when the dude I got it from had Sprint. I called and explained this to the local Sprint Store girl (minus the fact I'm on Boost [hey... Sprint gets my $ regardless ]), and she said they might be able to replace it. Gonna throw the charm on and head in there with the TP tomorrow...
Old 02-15-2010, 11:49 PM
N00b

samaritrey is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTenthLetter View Post
Anyone using this phone on Boost tried this yet? My TP battery does get really hot and the system gets laggy (using the stock ROM even!). The phone was actually a replacement from like a month ago when the dude I got it from had Sprint. I called and explained this to the local Sprint Store girl (minus the fact I'm on Boost [hey... Sprint gets my $ regardless ]), and she said they might be able to replace it. Gonna throw the charm on and head in there with the TP tomorrow...
if you want a tp2 as of today they were out at the warehouse again but it is worth a shot GL
Old 02-15-2010, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

shankscomp is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to shankscomp Send a message via Yahoo to shankscomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykie View Post
In the 6 days I've had my refurbished replacement TP, I've experienced the following problems:
(Countless times) Phone goes to sleep, powers off randomly despite charge level
(Twice) Lost data connection in a good area, had to soft-reset to get it back
(Twice) Unresponsive after a night of charging, only a soft-reset would revive it
Battery got super hot, phone locked up
Keyboard is very laggy, I can get 5-10 words typed before the screen responds
Receiving an MMS is very slow, sometimes they don't show up at all. Sending is almost instantaneous, even to other carriers.

This is all after a hard reset and flashed with the newest rom from Sprint's site.

Think with all these issues, they'll replace my phone with a TP?
Went to a sprint store today with my phone after talking with advanced tech support on the phone on Friday... Even the store checked the replacement options and said the TP2 was not available today... But she said would keep checkin for me. Keep after them, that's all I gotta say... I'm on my 2nd TP right now and the issues keep coming. I found that if you hard reset every couple of days it helps... But that's not enough!

Tim
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro