PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 12:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

slowrey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Well I had my TP replaced with a refurb TP2 and when I got it, it didn't have the screen protector on it and had micro scratches on it. I called back after the holiday and complained and yesterday they sent me a brand new in box TP2. I'm pretty jazzed.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

locomariachi is just getting started

Finally after much effort got a rep to help me out with it, said they don't know when it'll be sent, but the email i have says it will ship next day. We'll just have to wait and see what's up.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: sprint

JSMZ is becoming a great contributor

uggg.. good thing im dealing with exec services about this. touch pro number 6 just took a crap on me after less than two weeks.

my touch screen quit working a few minutes ago. i did a hard reset & the touch screen started working again, but now its stuck in an endless cycle of screen calibration.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Retired Staff

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

Just filed an Asurion claim due to my TP keyboard no longer working. I took it in to a Sprint store and the tech attempted to fix it but said it was unfixable and I could either file a warranty claim with HTC or file with Asurion. I checked what Asurion would send me, and it was the TP2, so I went that route. TP2 will arrive at my place tomorrow.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TMo TP2
Carrier: TMobile

chuckton is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to chuckton Send a message via Yahoo to chuckton

Yep, Touch Pro still out of stock. I filed online about a week ago but the Touch Pro they sent me was defective and I can honestly say I'm glad it was. Called back today to get it replaced and they're sending me a TP2 within 24hrs.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

locomariachi is just getting started

My TP2 should be at my door by 3 PM, at least that's what FedEx says online. Now to see if I can play hookie at work....haha jk...but not really...
Old 01-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Joester414 is a n00b

after 9 touch pros, and 3 days without a phone and talking to a stores district manager, got my BNIB touch pro 2 and i have to say its pretty awesome! Good luck to everyone who has had problems with their touch pros and is hoping to get the TP2, i will say they told me they are hesitant to give them out still because there are so many people who are comming in with non legit issues trying to get the BNIB TP2 so they are trying to stick to the WEL priorities pretty closely
Old 01-07-2010, 02:01 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomariachi View Post
My TP2 should be at my door by 3 PM, at least that's what FedEx says online. Now to see if I can play hookie at work....haha jk...but not really...
Oooo boy... Fedex is seriously the worse delivery in my whole life experience with them! congrats on getting a tp2 though and hopefully fedex is better in you're area. my story with them... ----> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1467081
Old 01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

digida is a n00b

I have just recently activated my Touch Pro and after about a week the keyboard stopped working. I made an appointment with the Sprint store for after work today and as long as this massive snow storm holds out I'm going to go there and see what they can do for me.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how I should approach this? I really am not trying to get a free upgrade the newest phone, but if it sounds like through others that I'm headed down a road of constant problems with replacements that I kinda hope that I can skip all that and get the TP2.

Like others, I am not interested in the Pre or any other phone. I have invested a good bit of money in Windows Mobile applications and I would hate to lose them.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

intel8052 is a n00b

Wow, kindof funny how well my timing works. Last year (just about at this exact same time of year) I lost my Mogul and happened to fall into the 1 month or so period where they were out of refurbs and were replacing them with touch pro's.

Just the other day my touch pro screen started acting up. If I push anywhere on the lower part of the screen, the whole image gets distorted and colors get skewed. Calling in tonight about getting a replacement. It also locks up sometimes overnight while charging (which really sucks because I use my phone as my primary alarm clock), and other times the hard button LED's don't turn off until I do a soft reset. I have just dealt with the issues up until now, but since my screen is slowly dying I think I may call into get a replacement.

I have the full service plan, i.e. last time I lost my phone I paid 50$ and had a new one sent out. Does anyone know the odds of me getting a TP2 vs a refurb TP? Or does anyone think this screen issue is something I should just stop by the service center for?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro