PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgj View Post
Just got a call from the store....my phone is in...WHAT? I called on Friday and there was nothing to report....Sneaky sneaky...Hope it really is a TP2!!! Will update when I can!
And what do ya know...I got a NEW TP2!!!! Not a REFURB! NIB! Thanks for all your help! And Good Luck to the rest of you!!!!

If I Helped you, Press Thanks!-------------|
Old 10-26-2009, 08:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bookerx3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookerx3 View Post
Well my Touch Pro story just got a bit more interesting... So as I said before I was one of the people who got my order in friday while they were briefly in stock. Decided to check the tracking of my package via UPS today and noticed it was in transit (great) but getting delivered to my OLD address (an address which I had sprint change numerous times before, but everytime they changed it the system would act as if it would not accept it... NOT GOOD!)

So I call Sprint pissed and let them know about their error and end up getting the run around. After speaking with several reps and supervisors, one happens to mention that they shipped out a TP instead of a TP2. I tell them that is an error and I was supposed to be shipped a TP2. They tell me that it is showing a TP and they can order me a TP2 tomorrow after they intercept the package that was shipped to the wrong address. Yet, I keep telling him that this will be very hard to do seeing how I had to wait 2 weeks for the phone to come in stock to begin with and him trying to order tomorrow will simply produce an OOS.

The rep then says that there are still other phones I can choose from but I let him know none of them meet my needs. He said well he cant check and see the status until he calls me back tomorrow and attempts to place the order. I just said whatever and call me tomorrow even though I know it will be OOS. He apologizes a few times for my inconvenience and then we end the call. That entire process took 57 minutes.

So I am PISSED now. Not only did they ship it to the wrong address but they lied to me when they told me I would receive a TP2. So tomorrow I am preparing for war with the Sprint rep because this is simply unacceptable. If a priority 5 replacement is not in my future (or atleast a priority 4 refurb like i was promised) the iPhone just may very well be.
Ok now after a 3 and 1/2 hour run around from Sprint on the phone and talking to every major department and their supervisors, I decided to take it to a local store. After having them check it out for 45 min and explaining all my issues I had today and how upset I am, they put in a Priority 5 order and should be in the store in a few days!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookerx3 View Post
Ok now after a 3 and 1/2 hour run around from Sprint on the phone and talking to every major department and their supervisors, I decided to take it to a local store. After having them check it out for 45 min and explaining all my issues I had today and how upset I am, they put in a Priority 5 order and should be in the store in a few days!

Congrats!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

CONGRATS! At least they EXIST, just not as "refurb stock" I keep hearing they are OOS then when you ask if you could order one new they said, sure! ARG! Anyhow, got my refurb TP1 today Looks like I am officially in the loop of having a bajillion TPs.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Radiohawk is a n00b

Update:
Just got back with TP 2, BNIB, manufacture date 28-Aug-2009!! Barely played w/it... This thing rocks... everything works much faster than the old TP... good luck to all in your efforts and see you in "the new forum"

P.S. Thanks to all with your suggestions!!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bookerx3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgj View Post
Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
CONGRATS! At least they EXIST, just not as "refurb stock" I keep hearing they are OOS then when you ask if you could order one new they said, sure! ARG! Anyhow, got my refurb TP1 today Looks like I am officially in the loop of having a bajillion TPs.
Thanks, I really went though alot today and I am just happy it was not all in vain. The reps were very cool about it and said they wanted to make sure they kept me as a customer. I wish all stores could have service like I experienced today but I know that is asking for a bit much.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

draganjr is a n00b

Update on my store with the TP to TP2.

I finally got the Corp Store Manager to get me a TP2. After about an hour with her and the list of other phones (told her that they are not comparable with the TP). She finally showed me on her computer that the TP2 is the recommanded replacement for the TP, it said it in big red letters! But they are OOS and I need to call everyday till they get one in. I called about 15 Sprint stores (another corp store and third party) in my area (Dallas, TX) and they all told me the same thing, OOS for 2 weeks maybe one week.

I called to today and still OOS but it has been only one day. I asked (the manager that was helping the first time) do you want me to call you everyday and she stated yes.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

still no help from the store for me...got a refurb friday, is kaputzzzz already....ordered another today, they just keep sayin they can't get the TP2 as a replacement...anyone know where to get a copy of this memo so I can print it????

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

IS the TP2 really faster than a TP1? When you look at the specs on the HTC site, they are freaking identical as far as processor and ram. The only diff is the housing and tilt display that I can see.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 10-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Radiohawk is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy
IS the TP2 really faster than a TP1? When you look at the specs on the HTC site, they are freaking identical as far as processor and ram. The only diff is the housing and tilt display that I can see.
after playing just a little while EVERYTHING seems to be faster and this keyboard rocks! not sure whats difrnt but im not complainin

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro