PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Buy sucks - anyone else have this problem?

I bought a Touch Pro over a month ago from bb (first day they had them) and it is defective. After calling bb every weekend for over a month they finally have them in stock today. So I explained my situation to the person on the phone and they said since I have insurance through them they can send it in for repair (which he said will take up to 2 weeks and they don't have any smartphones for loaners). Then I asked if they could fix the chip in my chrome (which was there when it came out of the box, not from dropping it) and he said they don't cover cosmetic defects. I even talked to sprint before my 30 days was up and they said they would note my account so I could exchange it after 30 days and the guy from bb said they can't see notes sprint leaves on my account my only option is send it in for repair.

I also have the Sprint insurance. I really don't think I should have to pay the $50 deductable but if it is going to be a pain in the *** dealing with best buy I guess I have no choice (I don't want to drive an hour to best buy to talk to the manager just to be told the same thing I was told on the phone). I have a couple questions about the Sprint insurance. Do they cover cosmetic defects? Will they just repair my pro or give me a new pro? Say I get a non-defective pro from sprint, if I have problems a few months down the road are they going to give me crap about exchanging it again? I plan on canceling either the sprint or bb insurance, which one should I cancel?
Old 11-29-2008, 08:53 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Best Buy sucks - anyone else have this problem?

Cancel your Worst-Buy insurance...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bombzhome is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Cancel your Worst-Buy insurance...
Yeah, I work for Best Buy Mobile and our insurance thing is the worst thing in the world. Especially since they just recently made it $9.99 for any phone that retails for more than $299.99 (which is 80% of our phones). The carrier's insurances are much better and cheaper.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro²

pokerrus78 is keeping up the good workpokerrus78 is keeping up the good work

Well there a couple of things you should know! first you should go tho a real sprint store no third party stores and make sure thay do repairs 2nd. that will take it in the back to make sure it is broken,(thay all most never to fix it in the store) 3rd Tell them u have insurance, it will take about 3 days to get a new phone so just have them ship to the store so you can keep your phone for the 3 days And last ask them if you can get a credit you account for the $50 bucks scene it is a defective phone and they will almost never give you crap because you have insurance, oh ya dont even talk about bb with sprint thay will just say it is not sprints falt that bb scrued up and tell u to go to bb

Bertha O' bot 2009 FIRST ROBOTS
Old 11-29-2008, 09:02 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

funny how everybody love bb a month ago now everybody hates the place. one of many reasons i only deal with sprint. i do have problems with sprint sometimes but they fix lots of these with new phones or money off my bill. ya live & learn. pay the 50$.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if the phone truly has a mechanical or electronic defect your sprint insurance will cover the cost of a refurb for free. on the other hand if you dropped it in the toilet, stepped on it or cracked the screen by sitting on it you will be responsible for the 50 buck deductible.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

All this for chrome chip, that will happen anyway?

What should you do... I think you dropped the ball by not getting BB to stand by their product weeks ago when it was out of stock, and promise you a new one even after 30 days were up.

If you had issues with the phone when you purchased it, you were a fool to keep it, unless they promised you a replacement when they had new stock. Did they promise you one? If not, why did you buy a phone you had issues with?

"Hey this phone is bad, I want a new one."

"Sir this is the last one."

"Ok, I guess I will pay full price for it then, oh wait before I pay for this, can I talk to your Manager please?" Gee, I wonder if I ask their manager, will he:

1. Promise to replace this one when they get new ones in stock, that would be nice.
2. Give me a Discount on this phone seeing it is scratch and dent.
3. If I am offered nothing, I will take my business elsewhere...

Seems to me that you compromised yourself when you accepted the phone with the chip. You could have returned it just before your 30 days for a full refund, then gone to Sprint to buy a new one, but no, that would have been hard and you would have had nothing to cry about. You had a choice, noone but yourself made you do it. I would go out and buy a chrome paint pen and paint the chip and call it a hard day's end.

P.S. For insurance purposes I have heard that some of the TPs were recalled due to Chrome issues. The ESN range was listed here, a quick search should find it. If your phone is one of them, you get a new one lucky you! Also, I understand BB sends out for repairs before replacing, but they do not have any deductibles. I am not sure what Sprint Insurance is like, I paid for it for too many years and never once used it.

Last edited by Insoc; 11-29-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombzhome View Post
Yeah, I work for Best Buy Mobile and our insurance thing is the worst thing in the world. Especially since they just recently made it $9.99 for any phone that retails for more than $299.99 (which is 80% of our phones). The carrier's insurances are much better and cheaper.
The guy I talked to on the phone said if I go to the store and talk to the manager he may be able to call sprint about the note on my account. Considering you work for Best Buy is this going to be just a waste of time (and gas) or will the manager actually be willing to exchange my phone after seeing I have a note on my Sprint account?

If I decide to go the Sprint route should I go to the Sprint store, call the insurance company or call Sprint directly (or any other option I may have missed)? Also is it best if I don't mention bb or should I explain the whole situation? Is there any possible way I can get Sprint to credit me for the $50 deductable?
Old 11-29-2008, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro²

pokerrus78 is keeping up the good workpokerrus78 is keeping up the good work
Talking Re: Best Buy sucks - anyone else have this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerrus78 View Post
Well there a couple of things you should know! first you should go tho a real sprint store no third party stores and make sure thay do repairs 2nd. that will take it in the back to make sure it is broken,(thay all most never to fix it in the store) 3rd Tell them u have insurance, it will take about 3 days to get a new phone so just have them ship to the store so you can keep your phone for the 3 days And last ask them if you can get a credit you account for the $50 bucks scene it is a defective phone and they will almost never give you crap because you have insurance, oh ya dont even talk about bb with sprint thay will just say it is not sprints falt that bb scrued up and tell u to go to bb
WOW THIS IS A GOOD IDEA DOOO IT lol
Old 11-29-2008, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started

(1) BBs return policy is 30 days on phones. They are abiding by their return policy which is posted in the store. I had a similar situation and called the BB store where I got it from. They said to bring it in, they would note the account # and ESN and call me when more came in. They said that even if more don't come in until after 30 days, if it is noted, they will exchange it. Luckily I didn't have to do this as they received more a couple of days later.

(2)What is defective with it? Is it just the chrome or something else as well? Apparently there were problems with the chrome cracking around the corners on some early models. Some on here have said that Sprint is aware of this issue and will exchange them for this reason if it is within a certain range of serial numbers.

(3)Contact Sprint and explain the situation to them. Since they made notes on your account before your 30 days was over, they may be willing to exchange it for you if you explain that BB wont.

Can't tell you which insurace to cancel. I am not familiar with what BB offers. But I do have TEP and have used it in a Sprint store as well as a third party repair center to exchange an Apache a few times with no problems, concerns or costs. Not sure if BB will let you do that. I've seen posts on here that TEP does cover cosmetic defects, but I have no firsthand experience, ymmv. If its just a defect, there should be no cost to you even if you do go through Sprints insurance, but be aware you may end up with a refurbished Pro. Not sure if they're doing this yet though. My advice would be to contact Sprint asap and see if they'll do an exchange for you either in store or over the phone. If that doesn't work, claim in on insurance and they should send one out and send return mailer to send the defective one back so you wont be without phone.

Good luck!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro