View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 08:42 PM
xxxjdoggxxx
PPCGeeks Regular

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Buy sucks - anyone else have this problem?

I bought a Touch Pro over a month ago from bb (first day they had them) and it is defective. After calling bb every weekend for over a month they finally have them in stock today. So I explained my situation to the person on the phone and they said since I have insurance through them they can send it in for repair (which he said will take up to 2 weeks and they don't have any smartphones for loaners). Then I asked if they could fix the chip in my chrome (which was there when it came out of the box, not from dropping it) and he said they don't cover cosmetic defects. I even talked to sprint before my 30 days was up and they said they would note my account so I could exchange it after 30 days and the guy from bb said they can't see notes sprint leaves on my account my only option is send it in for repair.

I also have the Sprint insurance. I really don't think I should have to pay the $50 deductable but if it is going to be a pain in the *** dealing with best buy I guess I have no choice (I don't want to drive an hour to best buy to talk to the manager just to be told the same thing I was told on the phone). I have a couple questions about the Sprint insurance. Do they cover cosmetic defects? Will they just repair my pro or give me a new pro? Say I get a non-defective pro from sprint, if I have problems a few months down the road are they going to give me crap about exchanging it again? I plan on canceling either the sprint or bb insurance, which one should I cancel?