PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn
responce issues, or...?

I didn't really see a thread like this, some simmilar.

I dont really have "lag" issues, but the phone sometimes acts like its froze up, then will start acting normal again.
Examples.

G-Invaders, I can use the g-sensor to move the ship around, the other ships can move and fire at me, but i cannot fire.
Then when things catch up, it just unloads all the fire commands I gave it a few seconds before then.
Or sometimes there is a fire delay after pressing the key, i'll press 10 times, lets say, and get 4 shots, then a rapid 6 shots.
Thats one example, and its a game, but it proves the lag.

One of the others is contacts, scrolling contacts. it will just freeze up and not scroll down, i have to wait a second and scroll up then down again, and it works just fine. Then sometimes in the middle of scrolling down (with the down aarow not the stylus, though its the same either way) it might slow up again.

I never have any lag issues with Touch Flow interface.
Sometimes text messages lag out. Using classic view, threaded is to buggy still. It will be slow to load up the message.

Every now and then i expereince it with opening the start menu, though this happened on my mogul too, the mogul was usually low on memory when this occured.

Is this pretty common stuff? Everything else is great, just gets this slow down for a few seconds like the processor is putting cycles into something else, but what? Even after a soft reset.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

speck is becoming a great contributor
Re: responce issues, or...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
One of the others is contacts, scrolling contacts. it will just freeze up and not scroll down, i have to wait a second and scroll up then down again, and it works just fine. Then sometimes in the middle of scrolling down (with the down aarow not the stylus, though its the same either way) it might slow up again.
I am having this problem also, with both the d-pad and touch-scroll. A down scroll (swipe up) will freeze, then I need to scroll up (swipe down) to get it going again. I keep accidentally choosing (and often dialing) people.

Quote:
Is this pretty common stuff? Everything else is great, just gets this slow down for a few seconds like the processor is putting cycles into something else, but what? Even after a soft reset.
I'm noticing that when I get slowdowns at any time (not just scrolling) - I'll check the task manager and 'Active Sync' is running. I have no idea why it keeps starting and running - I close it every time, but it pops back up. I can't say for certain it is the cause of my slowdowns, because I'm not really checking taskman that much when things are ok.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Active sync is probably doing it.
It's always the things that shouldn't be doing it. haha.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
Active sync is probably doing it.
It's always the things that shouldn't be doing it. haha.
To disable activesync from starting with your phone, go to

Start/Settings/Phone/Time Synchronization/ and uncheck the box. soft reset if you want, and it will not be running in the Task Manager anymore, only will run when u need it to
Old 11-30-2008, 05:35 AM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

its actually start/settings/personal/phone then select time syncrinization off the list then het get settings below the box, then un check the box and hit update now.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Hmm, i wonder why active sync would open due to that being checked.
I'll try that out. I always left it checked because i'm in a bad service area. So if the internal time clock is crap, i atleast have the right time.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

What Rom are you using? Are you on the stock Rom? If so, I would flash a custom Rom. This has fixed alot of the lag/slowness issues that alot of people experience with the Stock Rom. The more time goes on, and the more apps loaded on the stock Rom, the worse it gets.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 11-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I love everyone and their "flash a rom" fix.

haha

Of course I'm using the stock rom..... NOT!

Michigan Chapter Leader for Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.midnightmods.com/

Networking, Computer Hardware, Farming

Old phones; I-1000x2, I-32sx, I-90x3, I-860x2, I-930x4, PPC-6800x4, Touch Pro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro