PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

darndot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

I downloaded it this morning, and it took me two tries to load it. I didn't copy the start files from the start folder. I was able to sync to gmail, add the facebook app, and make a phone call. I am on Alltel the part that is going to ATN. I just wanted to say thanks for the hard work.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1
Carrier: Sprint

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLui View Post
Your haret is freezing because one ove the files isnt working correctly.. take a look around.

Anyone haveing luck with wifi?? nothing for awhile ive only had it working once and i totally forgot which build it was.. aint that something gotta go bck in time to get my wifi working what happend with updates... lol
you havev a good point, i havent even used wifi in a while, ill check on my pack n see if its still working, should though...

IN REGARD TO WEEKLY RELEASE... I can try to do this whith what is working on my phone at that time. See my posts, I have done the "legwork" for you... all i want is someone to test n get same results that i get... that is why i keep pointing everyone to an older (2-3 days old) module bc the new/recent ones dont work.

I will try tonight to upload the 2.1 release the way is working on my Touch Pro n see how that goes...

VOTE: DO PEOPLE WANT TO TRY AND HAVE A WEEKLY RELEASE FROM ME OR NOT? Let me know, im willing to test (since thats what im doing anyway) and come up weekly with a package that works BEST IMO. I can have a weekly upload but i need to know the status bc i upload the files, but ive yet 2 know if they worked for someone else...
Old 03-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mcss is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapaz04 View Post
you havev a good point, i havent even used wifi in a while, ill check on my pack n see if its still working, should though...

IN REGARD TO WEEKLY RELEASE... I can try to do this whith what is working on my phone at that time. See my posts, I have done the "legwork" for you... all i want is someone to test n get same results that i get... that is why i keep pointing everyone to an older (2-3 days old) module bc the new/recent ones dont work.

I will try tonight to upload the 2.1 release the way is working on my Touch Pro n see how that goes...

VOTE: DO PEOPLE WANT TO TRY AND HAVE A WEEKLY RELEASE FROM ME OR NOT? Let me know, im willing to test (since thats what im doing anyway) and come up weekly with a package that works BEST IMO. I can have a weekly upload but i need to know the status bc i upload the files, but ive yet 2 know if they worked for someone else...

I think you should coordinate your work with makk and the other developers. IMHO
Old 03-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcss View Post
I think you should coordinate your work with makk and the other developers. IMHO
Definitely going to get you the best results, especially since Makk started this thread

With that in mind, Makk does provide updates - when he deems that an update is necessary. Essentially when something big is fixed or otherwise added, updated, etc. So he doesn't necessarily release the packages based on any sort of a time-table, just as they come.

The big thing is testing - you can release all the builds you want, but if they're not tested, there's no point in packing and releasing them. That's probably the most time-consuming part of packing these up, is making sure they're worth bundling!
Old 03-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Lightbulb Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Definitely going to get you the best results, especially since Makk started this thread

With that in mind, Makk does provide updates - when he deems that an update is necessary. Essentially when something big is fixed or otherwise added, updated, etc. So he doesn't necessarily release the packages based on any sort of a time-table, just as they come.

The big thing is testing - you can release all the builds you want, but if they're not tested, there's no point in packing and releasing them. That's probably the most time-consuming part of packing these up, is making sure they're worth bundling!
I completely agree with you 100%, I am not trying to step on anyones feet here...

The purpose of my release yesterday was to show that MMS was working, people had some issues in figuring out what I did or had been done so I decided to go ahead and "release" what I had.

I was/and still am, just trying to make it easier for everyone. So far, I have the 2.0.1 build working with MMS, and the 2.1 working with DATA. All I was trying to do is help here by.... well, doing what everyone else is doing, going to the sites and downloading the latest kernels/images/modules only to find out their stuff has corrupted because of wrong files.

WITH THAT SAID... MAKK (AND ALL OTHER DEVELOPERS) I MEANT NO DISRESPECT BY OFFERIING TO MAKE A WEEKLY CONTRIBUTION TO YOUR THREAD...

I will continue to post as I have, but without the updates I had considered.

If there is something that I find fruitful, I will post it, otherwise, I will not continue to update on the different modules.

HOWEVER: I do still have the 2.1 build that I got to work with my touch pro. I got data working on it, I will try the MMS settings when I get home and I will see if WIFI and BlUTOOF are working with it. If they are, I will let you guys know and...post links of where you can find all the individual pieces.

ADDON: SOMEONE POSTED THAT SHUTDOWN DID NOT WORK?? CHECK AGAIN, SHUTDOWN HAS BEEN WORKING FOR A WHILE NOW... MAY HAVE THE WRONG MODULES OR QUITE POSSIBLY GOTTA REPLACE YOUR SQUASH.

Last edited by mapaz04; 03-12-2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Shutdown DOES work... for those who care... jejeje
Old 03-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Not tryin to dog on you at all, in fact if you want to build your own packages there's nothing stopping you. Just wanted to let you know of the pitfalls.

Building these packages isn't just as simple as going out to the sites and zipping everything up - they have to be tested.

Which is why the releases are not-so-regular. Makk tends to package things up when big updates/fixes/etc is pushed, and then it's actually worth it to take the time to package it up and tell everyone about it.

Otherwise, it's not really worth it, y'know? Even on a weekly basis, if there isn't any huge fix/change/etc, it's probably not worth it to take the time to update everyone with a new build.

Just my .02, talk to Makk. Maybe you can be his official package-builder, you never know until you ask!

Oh and the 2.1 build. I have one working, but it's not so great. The new features are cool, but it's very buggy - crashes, freezes, soft-resets galore. It's like where Android was on this device 2 months ago, without all the drivers that have been integrated into the kernel.

And for shutdown? I guess it works in the sense that it reboots into WinMo, but it doesn't truly power off the device... which is what I assume people were looking for.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-12-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:44 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by quik05 View Post
Got the march 1st build to boot and run beautifully wifi worked like a charm and I seemed to be getting pretty good evdo signal (phone not activated don't know if the cell radio works or not). Was even reasonably stable, downloaded a few apps from the market place via wifi. But when I shut it down and tried to boot into android again haret starts looking for a "default.txt" that doesn't exist and refuses to do anything from there. The only way I can get it to boot again is to format the sd card and rebuild the file structure, but even then if I shut down or the batt dies it refuses to boot.
Using the xdandroid 1.3.10 set up with 20100309_201223 zImage and I have been very pleased but it is becoming tiresome to rebuild the sd card for every boot. Any one have any idea whats going on or what I can do?
Ha my old touch pro is running a newer version of android than my actual android phone (samsung moment)

Also my thanks and admiration to makkonen and rest of the devs for giving their time to help all of us out!
Sounds like your boot directory got messed up. If there's no startup.txt in the directory with HaRET, it'll look for default.txt. If there's no default.txt either, it'll throw that complaint at you.

I don't know why your startup.txt would disappear after running Android, but replace it and you should be good.

mapaz04: HOW DARE YOU TRY TO BE HELPFUL? I totally appreciate it, seriously. More people contributing in whatever way they are able/willing -- totally awesome.

And not to step on YOUR toes, but I'm going to wrap up an all-in-one package of my own. Lots of people have been having trouble with the whole android/andboot/rel_path boot directory things, and maybe a new package with all that sorted out would make things easier. Might cut down on complaints in this thread/the irc channel, too. Someone on the TP2 thread hooked me up with a little file hosting space, so it should be less annoying than 4shared/mediafire/whatever.

And thanks for reminding me, I'll add the MMS status to the first post. Sending has been (semi?)working for a little while, but it doesn't do much good without receiving as well. hamagc tried to put some effort into that, but got stymied by squashfs weirdness. Were you able to attach a picture to your outgoing MMS?

hamagc: artlan's post... I'm not sure how it works, exactly, but if it replaces system.sqsh with system.ext2, you should be able to mount that rewritably from Android, and then make the modifications on the device (or through adb). That would definitely let you tweak the mms apk.

If that app doesn't work, I can probably figure out how to make an system.ext2 and put it up for download.

everyone: Shutdown technically still doesn't work... but the 'shutdown' command from Android was replaced a couple weeks (?) ago with a 'reboot' command which does not cause the phone to hang. So that should be working.

Last edited by makkonen; 03-12-2010 at 02:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Ah Makk. Always here to clean up lose ends and make us feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

You really are an invaluable resource to this development!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I believe I used the 1.9 release... when it first booted it said "Welcome to Blackstone" so I know it was not for our phones. It did not boot correctly. When I added that squash and modules to your pack, everything seemed to work with finess.

YES, I was able to send an MMS with a picture attached. My wife's TP2 received the file. I was not able to receive the reply MMS i sent myself from her phone with a picture attached.

I do believe that the system that they are using for the blackstone, since there is a camera and a working album on it so it "tricks" or "allows" the system to select pictures.

Hope that helps.

In regard to shutdown... I see your point arrrghhh, at first it would freeze so I thought that was the status you were talking about... yes, it does boot back into Windows instead of powering down.

MAKK: BRING ON THE NEW BUILD MAN!!! IM READY TO DOWNLOAD IT AND TEST IT!! WEATHER AT HOME WITH THE PC OR HERE WITH MY TP... LETS DO IT!! JEJEJE.

THANKS TO ALL, THANKS MAKK, DEVS, EVERYONE TRYING TO GET THIS THING FROM BEING SUCH A MESS.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:49 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Good to know that sending pics works. Hopefully we'll see some progress on receiving. I'm afraid it relies on the RIL, not the Android application. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Package is uploading now. First post will be updated in ~20 minutes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux