View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:31 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Not tryin to dog on you at all, in fact if you want to build your own packages there's nothing stopping you. Just wanted to let you know of the pitfalls.

Building these packages isn't just as simple as going out to the sites and zipping everything up - they have to be tested.

Which is why the releases are not-so-regular. Makk tends to package things up when big updates/fixes/etc is pushed, and then it's actually worth it to take the time to package it up and tell everyone about it.

Otherwise, it's not really worth it, y'know? Even on a weekly basis, if there isn't any huge fix/change/etc, it's probably not worth it to take the time to update everyone with a new build.

Just my .02, talk to Makk. Maybe you can be his official package-builder, you never know until you ask!

Oh and the 2.1 build. I have one working, but it's not so great. The new features are cool, but it's very buggy - crashes, freezes, soft-resets galore. It's like where Android was on this device 2 months ago, without all the drivers that have been integrated into the kernel.

And for shutdown? I guess it works in the sense that it reboots into WinMo, but it doesn't truly power off the device... which is what I assume people were looking for.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-12-2010 at 02:45 PM.