PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Nvm, a reboot fixed my data issues. New rootfs fixes data for me, FYI.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-04-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Rebooted phone, found data works.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

DrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good workDrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via MSN to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via Yahoo to DrUnKeN_TiGeR

seems all im getting is "waiting for sd card" i dled XDANDROID.01.03.10.7z and unzipped it to the sd card when i run HaRET.exe it has a few lines of code then just "waiting for sd card"

Old 03-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnKeN_TiGeR View Post
seems all im getting is "waiting for sd card" i dled XDANDROID.01.03.10.7z and unzipped it to the sd card when i run HaRET.exe it has a few lines of code then just "waiting for sd card"
did you find the appropriate startup.txt file and also put it on the root of the card?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Lurker

hussmanne is a n00b

I did the pull battery out/squeeze on space bar/back of space bar area as hard as possible and the keyboard issue seems to have improved for now. No telling how long this will last!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:45 PM
N00b
Carrier: Cellular South

[SP]JESTER is a n00b

Newest rootfs, No 3g on Glossy 1.9. 10-20 secs of loading then dies out
Old 03-05-2010, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X ---Verizon
Carrier: verizon

166486 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
did you find the appropriate startup.txt file and also put it on the root of the card?

which will be the appropiate file for me if i have a Touch Pro Verizon CDMA
Model: Touch Pro (Verizon)
Old 03-05-2010, 10:57 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SP]JESTER View Post
Newest rootfs, No 3g on Glossy 1.9. 10-20 secs of loading then dies out
Sorry, having trouble keeping track -- did you ever have data working with Cellular South? i.e. is this a build problem or a network problem (lots of people are having trouble with lots of non-sprint networks)?

If it's the latter, I don't have a good response. Haven't figured out where the authentication process fails (which is what I suspect the problem is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 166486 View Post
which will be the appropiate file for me if i have a Touch Pro Verizon CDMA
Unfortunately the appropriate files for the RAPH500 (VZW Touch Pro) are not here. There's a link in the first post to a thread on Connect-UTB that's got some, but they are disappointingly dated. Until someone with a RAPH500 can tear into the kernel source and figure out what's causing the startup to fail, new kernels will not work.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:30 PM
N00b

[SP]JESTER is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Sorry, having trouble keeping track -- did you ever have data working with Cellular South? i.e. is this a build problem or a network problem (lots of people are having trouble with lots of non-sprint networks)?

If it's the latter, I don't have a good response. Haven't figured out where the authentication process fails (which is what I suspect the problem is).

Newest Post: It did work a LONG time ago back when android was to slow to use, i use to download from market all the time. Cellular South should not have network problems seeing how they have the hero. Maybe the settings are different i havnt got a chance to check my friends hero yet. But cellular south is a #777 dialing out company so im not sure what the problem is. WinMo the 3g is fine, Android connects then works (Sometimes) for a few seconds, then it hangs and eventually will reset the phone. Im not sure whats going on but its driving me over the edge ha

Also March 5th RootFS just came out. Going to check it out

Creates APN: CDMA Generic
Results:
Without force_cdma=1 / 3G status, still failed. Works for same amount of time then does Arrow down a few times like its downloading but doesnt send anything out. Its like somethings getting hung up.

With force_cdma=1 / Same Result

Cellular South = WTF?

Last edited by [SP]JESTER; 03-05-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:02 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

force_cdma does nothing for us. It's for the RHOD400/500, which have a cdma and a gsm mode; it tells them to ignore the gsm and identify as cdma.

All cdma carriers I know of use #777 to dial data... the problem might be with requiring a username and password to log in (Sprint does not). But if it worked at some time in the past, I'd imagine that's not it.

Maybe play around with deleting and recreating your APN (instructions in post #2); but that's a shot in the dark. It shouldn't have any effect... but that doesn't mean it won't.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:30 PM
N00b

[SP]JESTER is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
force_cdma does nothing for us. It's for the RHOD400/500, which have a cdma and a gsm mode; it tells them to ignore the gsm and identify as cdma.

All cdma carriers I know of use #777 to dial data... the problem might be with requiring a username and password to log in (Sprint does not). But if it worked at some time in the past, I'd imagine that's not it.

Maybe play around with deleting and recreating your APN (instructions in post #2); but that's a shot in the dark. It shouldn't have any effect... but that doesn't mean it won't.
I have tried the APN recreate since every rootFS and zimage released. When i had a blackberry i use to tether it. The login was phone#@csouth3g.com or something like that. Your password was your ESN number in all caps i beleive. But the thing is these phones dumped that as well as blackberry and went to MM or something like that. It just dont work i guess

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux