PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 06:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: T Pro RootRom | 2nd T Pro iRoot
Carrier: Alltel

wiskydiver1 is keeping up the good workwiskydiver1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - ALPHA (buggy. as. hell.)

Update, my GOD is this sweet! Sure, not perfect yet, but very very nice!

I used total commander in windows to make a shortcut to haret in windows/start menu, then added that shortcut to my quicklinks. From shortcut to booted running Android, less than one minute!

Will be watching for updates, that's for sure!

BTW, data and google syncing worked out of the box. Haven't tested market yet, need a little sleep first...
Old 02-01-2010, 10:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

wehweh is just getting started

Does anybody know where the file for the physical button keymapping is? The whole power button = home thing is kinda buggin me now.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karafa View Post
They got the camera working for the touch pro? Where'd you see that?
No I was saying that even with eclair builds that were ported for other android device like my girls T-Mo mytouch the camera didnt work until recently. I was only saying that because they apparently fixed the camera.apk (if I remembering right thats where the problem was) so if we were using the old camera.apk before it was fixed for eclair builds then that might fix the problem unless its a hardware issue on the touch pros side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
That's sort of damning to other Android phones... I definitely couldn't use this full-time. But why not... I'm changing it to 'ALPHA'. Thanks for the support.
I pretty much used android on my phone exclusively for two full days straight and it was pretty decent...The new rom I put on her phone is actually running very well compared to previous attempts.
Not to say android doesnt work good because the original rom on her phone was decent but looked pretty ugly...And any attempt to put an updated rom from a newer build of android had lots of the same bugs that we are experiencing...No camera, no BT
Though it seems more crippling on our phones since a restart involves windows loading up etc.

What I would really like to see happen and would open up alot of other apps would be Root access. Though its obviously alot different. Maybe because the system.sqsh was not rooted prior to squishing. I dont know Im not that knowledgable with this stuff...
Im actually loading up xubuntu on my ps3 today to see if I can at least theme the OS. Apps like MetaMorph dont work because no root access is available. So I am trying to edit the apk's manually. I figured out how to open and edit the apks but I cant access the system.sqsh or the data.img I pulled off my sd card after first boot in order to change them. So I want to try and unsquish the system, change the apk's, resquish the system using xubuntu and my ps3...
Old 02-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raphael
Carrier: china telecom

wzkai is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - ALPHA (buggy. as. hell.)

Now new version ,phone can be found with adb use USB, also can be screen shot in WINXp.
But data connections at my raph 800 still don't work. I tried to change the MCC to 460, this apn will disappear. WHY?
Old 02-01-2010, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: Sprint

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
No I was saying that even with eclair builds that were ported for other android device like my girls T-Mo mytouch the camera didnt work until recently. I was only saying that because they apparently fixed the camera.apk (if I remembering right thats where the problem was) so if we were using the old camera.apk before it was fixed for eclair builds then that might fix the problem unless its a hardware issue on the touch pros side.
Its in the kernel I believe is where the camera problem is still at. I've compiled the android source and it has the camera.apk but it still doesn't work just a black box. I would post my compiled version but there is no market in it so its worthless to me at least.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Any word on if the mic works without first placing a call?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
Any word on if the mic works without first placing a call?
not working here with out calling first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fishpony is becoming a great contributor

Well i have been using this daily for awhile now but i just got back from the sprint store with a Touch Pro 2... sadly ill wait again for development on that. should i try to boot this version on the TP2 or not?

Good luck with development, it was nice while i was running it. ALMOST made me want to keep the TP but couldn't pass up a free upgrade to a TP2
Old 02-01-2010, 11:11 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This version won't run correctly on the TP2/Rhodium (specifically, some of the drivers for the TP2 are turned off in my zImage, because they cause it not to boot correctly on the RAPH800). Try the main kernel version from Glemsom's autobuild repository and check out the thread in the TP2 forum... it's even longer than this one. (Though perhaps less well-organized, if I may be immodest for a second. )

Enjoy. As nice as all this Android progress has been lately, I'd bolt for a free TP2, too.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gadgetgod is a n00b

Been following for a while, and I tried the new build today. Touchscreen calibration is great and really an improvement. My only problem is that every time power management turns off the screen , the phone resets back into WM. Still, things are coming along great. Thanks to all the devs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux