PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 05:49 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

New kernel/modules/rootfs uploaded in the first post. It's got the touchscreen calibration application bundled in. It'll automatically run on first boot. It has only the barest hint of error checking, though, so if you misclick and it calibrates all wrong, you'll have to reboot into WinMo, delete ts-calibration off the sd card, then restart Android and do it again.

Make sure if you were using a modified eclair.user.conf to replace it with the original from the XDAndroid package. It shouldn't do any harm, but I'm not positive of that.

Battery status should be slightly more accurate -- though no less spastic. CDMA data should be less likely to cause a crash -- though I think I've still seen it cause crashes. I can't really remember what else has been added. Nothing life changing.

As for people on US Cellular -- I wish I had something good to offer you. A few people seem to have everything working, without any jumping through hoops. Most do not. I have no clue what the difference is. And no clue what questions to ask to determine that difference. I can't think of anything that needs to be set in Windows Mobile in order to enable data under Android.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

This project is coming along very good.... I tried it out a while ago when developement first started and to pretty much have a full OS is pretty amazing..

But to say its pre-alpha uhhhh... My girls has a MyTouch on t-mobile which she has had for a few months now... I have tried all sorts of roms on her phone and most of them run worse than this pre-alpha release on a phone that doesnt run it natively... There are way more force closes and random reboots than my phone did all day yesterday..

She has been buggin me to put the new eclair lock screen on her phone but every rom I tried pretty much sucked with the exception of a few..One being cyanogen roms... Well her face when I showed her my phone with eclair on it including the lock screen was priceless...

Needless to say I had to find her a new rom to but on it...She like the eclair with SenseUI but she had to settle with just Eclair and the old style bottom tab and using Beautiful Widgets..Which looks almost as good..She is currently running xRom Eclair Dark..

But back to my phone I am amazed at how complete this OS is.. Almost all of the apk's I have collected for her phone works on mine.. Only this I couldnt get working was the Wireless Tether...But Im gonna try the Wired tether today to see if that works..But even the beautiful widgets work but you cant have it download extra stuff for weather animations it crashes.. Weather updates fine though..

Im not sure but the people on xda just got the camera working on eclair recently. I dont know if its a hardware issue with our phones or if it was broken just like every other eclair build for android phones.

Wow that was a rant...But great work everyone involved it making this happen... Might want to up this release from pre-alpha considering it runs smoother/faster and with less bugs than eclair roms built for native android phones.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

karafa is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
This project is coming along very good.... I tried it out a while ago when developement first started and to pretty much have a full OS is pretty amazing..

But to say its pre-alpha uhhhh... My girls has a MyTouch on t-mobile which she has had for a few months now... I have tried all sorts of roms on her phone and most of them run worse than this pre-alpha release on a phone that doesnt run it natively... There are way more force closes and random reboots than my phone did all day yesterday..

She has been buggin me to put the new eclair lock screen on her phone but every rom I tried pretty much sucked with the exception of a few..One being cyanogen roms... Well her face when I showed her my phone with eclair on it including the lock screen was priceless...

Needless to say I had to find her a new rom to but on it...She like the eclair with SenseUI but she had to settle with just Eclair and the old style bottom tab and using Beautiful Widgets..Which looks almost as good..She is currently running xRom Eclair Dark..

But back to my phone I am amazed at how complete this OS is.. Almost all of the apk's I have collected for her phone works on mine.. Only this I couldnt get working was the Wireless Tether...But Im gonna try the Wired tether today to see if that works..But even the beautiful widgets work but you cant have it download extra stuff for weather animations it crashes.. Weather updates fine though..

Im not sure but the people on xda just got the camera working on eclair recently. I dont know if its a hardware issue with our phones or if it was broken just like every other eclair build for android phones.

Wow that was a rant...But great work everyone involved it making this happen... Might want to up this release from pre-alpha considering it runs smoother/faster and with less bugs than eclair roms built for native android phones.

They got the camera working for the touch pro? Where'd you see that?
Old 01-31-2010, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

eyepoker is just getting started

i have multiple "modules-2.6.27" files in my sd root. 00791 and 00835, and now with this update I will have yet a third - 00851 - do i need the previous module archives or can i safely delete them?
Old 01-31-2010, 04:10 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

you can delete all old modules-xxx.tar.gz
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:30 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
...But great work everyone involved it making this happen... Might want to up this release from pre-alpha considering it runs smoother/faster and with less bugs than eclair roms built for native android phones.
That's sort of damning to other Android phones... I definitely couldn't use this full-time. But why not... I'm changing it to 'ALPHA'. Thanks for the support.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
It's got the touchscreen calibration application bundled in. It'll automatically run on first boot. It has only the barest hint of error checking, though, so if you misclick and it calibrates all wrong, you'll have to reboot into WinMo, delete ts-calibration off the sd card, then restart Android and do it again.
I've found that the calibration application is VERY sensitive so press very lightly or it will register 2 or 3 presses. the calibration now though is great. Thanks for the hard work makkonen.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - ALPHA (buggy. as. hell.)

One Problem i've been having for a while now is that when i recieve a reply to an sms it say it is from the first word of the reply as opposed to being from the person the sms is actually from. for example if i send a msg to "john" and he replies "Big Bear has lots of snow" android says the sms is from "Big" instead of from "John" anyone else notice this?
Old 01-31-2010, 05:53 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
I've found that the calibration application is VERY sensitive so press very lightly or it will register 2 or 3 presses. the calibration now though is great. Thanks for the hard work makkonen.
Good point. The touchscreen driver has a tendency to report one touch as multiple consecutive clicks (especially in the bottom right hand corner of the screen). It's really the only problem I've seen with this driver. I'll add a note to the first post; thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
One Problem i've been having for a while now is that when i recieve a reply to an sms it say it is from the first word of the reply as opposed to being from the person the sms is actually from. for example if i send a msg to "john" and he replies "Big Bear has lots of snow" android says the sms is from "Big" instead of from "John" anyone else notice this?
I have never, personally, noticed anything like that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

is there a sleep command in the calibration program? it seems like i tapped the TL TR and then it went in to booting androd.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux