PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

NevinM is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - ALPHA (buggy. as. hell.)

I have tried this several time with no success. Once it boots into Linux it get the following error:
/.
Is a non-directory.
Renamed to 000\0000000.\000

Not automatically fixing this.

There are differences between boot sector and its backup.

I have followed the steps to a T several times with no luck.

I am using a Touch Pro (CDMA) on Bell Canada. From Bootloader I know it is a RAPH800, but no luck. Any tips.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:35 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That's a new one to me. Sounds like something related to the sd card. Or possibly a corrupt file.

I'd start with redownloading everything. If that doesn't help, then reformat the sd card. If neither of those work... I'm stumped. What shows up in the boot log before those lines?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: T Pro RootRom | 2nd T Pro iRoot
Carrier: Alltel

wiskydiver1 is keeping up the good workwiskydiver1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevinM View Post
I have tried this several time with no success. Once it boots into Linux it get the following error:
/.
Is a non-directory.
Renamed to 000\0000000.\000

Not automatically fixing this.

There are differences between boot sector and its backup.

I have followed the steps to a T several times with no luck.

I am using a Touch Pro (CDMA) on Bell Canada. From Bootloader I know it is a RAPH800, but no luck. Any tips.
I was right there with you, though a different problem. I was getting an almost endless loop of "waiting for SD Card". Almost meaning every 120 seconds it would time out and search again. Earlier someone posted a file with all his SD card files. I downloaded that, formatted my card to Fat32 (again) and just copy/pasted all of those files to my card. Worked on the first boot attempt.

Beware, they aren't kidding the first boot might take some time. Boots after that have been about 30 seconds for me to a running Android phone. And marketplace works for me too. As long as I only do one download/install at a time. I had a few set to install and it rebooted on me. One at a time seems to work great!

Link to the post with the files that worked for me: RIGHT HERE
Old 02-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (raph800)

marco-polo is a n00b

I'm using the XDAndroid 24.1.10 build and the 1-31 RAPH800 kernel. I've noticed the following issues: reduced power management (runs out of juice a LOT faster than the 1-21 kernel), still crashes intermittently when using Market (and occasionally all by its lonesome, although I suspect that this is linked to automatic Market updates).

One new bug is automatic time updates from network (Sprint). WinMo shows the correct time, but Android seems to "drift" off (for example, I'm about 20 minutes off right now). There is no way to force network time update.

Even though I'm no longer a coder, I would like to help. Is there a way to create debug logs, and would these be useful to the development team?
Old 02-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

breity is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco-polo View Post
I'm using the XDAndroid 24.1.10 build and the 1-31 RAPH800 kernel. I've noticed the following issues: reduced power management (runs out of juice a LOT faster than the 1-21 kernel), still crashes intermittently when using Market (and occasionally all by its lonesome, although I suspect that this is linked to automatic Market updates).

One new bug is automatic time updates from network (Sprint). WinMo shows the correct time, but Android seems to "drift" off (for example, I'm about 20 minutes off right now). There is no way to force network time update.

Even though I'm no longer a coder, I would like to help. Is there a way to create debug logs, and would these be useful to the development team?
I've actually been getting similar time lags on Sprint as well with the newest builds. One way to force an update is to turn on Airplane mode and then turn the radio back on again. This seems to work fine for updating to the correct time once it has drifted. It is a bit of an inconvenience, but I imagine this is only a temporary problem. Hopefully one of the next builds will address it.

On the other hand, I haven't noticed a reduced battery time for this build. Seems to be about the same as the others for me, but I'm not completely sure. Even with these issues, I've moved over to using Android as basically my full-time OS, except when I need to access my Slingbox. I just find it much better and more convenient than Windows Mobile, especially with integrated GMail and Google Calendar. Once the battery life improves and the GPS is sorted out, it will be great. I'm looking forward to not having to carry my extra battery with me whenever I go out!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

eyepoker is just getting started

I had android running on my phone all last night while i was asleep. in the morning the time was off by about 2 hours. Also, the system was really laggy. It would only respond to touch every 10 seconds (give or take).

Also a question - is there a way to save downloaded marketplace apps to some other location for archival purposes?
Old 02-02-2010, 03:56 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Huh. I'll have to look into the time drift thing. I knew it was happening in some kernels, but didn't think it was in this one.

You can save downloaded apps, but you need a linux system to do it. If you've got that, then:

sudo mkdir /mnt/data
sudo mount -o loop /path/to/your/data.img /mnt/data
cd /mnt/data/app

And then copy out the .apk files for whatever apps you want to save.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

wehweh is just getting started

Is anybody else having problems waking it from deep sleep now? I have to input the key combo for Sub-Zero's fatality before it wakes up...
Old 02-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (raph800)

marco-polo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by breity View Post
On the other hand, I haven't noticed a reduced battery time for this build. Seems to be about the same as the others for me, but I'm not completely sure. Even with these issues, I've moved over to using Android as basically my full-time OS
Me too, actually - I'm willing to deal with battery life issues in favor of functionality & keyboard. I suspect that the battery issues and time drift are part and parcel of each other; it seems like the more my phone sleeps, the more it drifts. Perhaps that's just a coincidence.

There was a guy who claimed to have working GPS earlier in this thread. Now there, that's an improvement I'd pay for.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Ok updated Prepack of the files are here. It includes the new data.img and kernel.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux