View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 01:33 PM
breity
Lurker

breity is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - ALPHA (buggy. as. hell.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco-polo View Post
I'm using the XDAndroid 24.1.10 build and the 1-31 RAPH800 kernel. I've noticed the following issues: reduced power management (runs out of juice a LOT faster than the 1-21 kernel), still crashes intermittently when using Market (and occasionally all by its lonesome, although I suspect that this is linked to automatic Market updates).

One new bug is automatic time updates from network (Sprint). WinMo shows the correct time, but Android seems to "drift" off (for example, I'm about 20 minutes off right now). There is no way to force network time update.

Even though I'm no longer a coder, I would like to help. Is there a way to create debug logs, and would these be useful to the development team?
I've actually been getting similar time lags on Sprint as well with the newest builds. One way to force an update is to turn on Airplane mode and then turn the radio back on again. This seems to work fine for updating to the correct time once it has drifted. It is a bit of an inconvenience, but I imagine this is only a temporary problem. Hopefully one of the next builds will address it.

On the other hand, I haven't noticed a reduced battery time for this build. Seems to be about the same as the others for me, but I'm not completely sure. Even with these issues, I've moved over to using Android as basically my full-time OS, except when I need to access my Slingbox. I just find it much better and more convenient than Windows Mobile, especially with integrated GMail and Google Calendar. Once the battery life improves and the GPS is sorted out, it will be great. I'm looking forward to not having to carry my extra battery with me whenever I go out!