View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:44 PM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quik05 View Post
Got the march 1st build to boot and run beautifully wifi worked like a charm and I seemed to be getting pretty good evdo signal (phone not activated don't know if the cell radio works or not). Was even reasonably stable, downloaded a few apps from the market place via wifi. But when I shut it down and tried to boot into android again haret starts looking for a "default.txt" that doesn't exist and refuses to do anything from there. The only way I can get it to boot again is to format the sd card and rebuild the file structure, but even then if I shut down or the batt dies it refuses to boot.
Using the xdandroid 1.3.10 set up with 20100309_201223 zImage and I have been very pleased but it is becoming tiresome to rebuild the sd card for every boot. Any one have any idea whats going on or what I can do?
Ha my old touch pro is running a newer version of android than my actual android phone (samsung moment)

Also my thanks and admiration to makkonen and rest of the devs for giving their time to help all of us out!
Sounds like your boot directory got messed up. If there's no startup.txt in the directory with HaRET, it'll look for default.txt. If there's no default.txt either, it'll throw that complaint at you.

I don't know why your startup.txt would disappear after running Android, but replace it and you should be good.

mapaz04: HOW DARE YOU TRY TO BE HELPFUL? I totally appreciate it, seriously. More people contributing in whatever way they are able/willing -- totally awesome.

And not to step on YOUR toes, but I'm going to wrap up an all-in-one package of my own. Lots of people have been having trouble with the whole android/andboot/rel_path boot directory things, and maybe a new package with all that sorted out would make things easier. Might cut down on complaints in this thread/the irc channel, too. Someone on the TP2 thread hooked me up with a little file hosting space, so it should be less annoying than 4shared/mediafire/whatever.

And thanks for reminding me, I'll add the MMS status to the first post. Sending has been (semi?)working for a little while, but it doesn't do much good without receiving as well. hamagc tried to put some effort into that, but got stymied by squashfs weirdness. Were you able to attach a picture to your outgoing MMS?

hamagc: artlan's post... I'm not sure how it works, exactly, but if it replaces system.sqsh with system.ext2, you should be able to mount that rewritably from Android, and then make the modifications on the device (or through adb). That would definitely let you tweak the mms apk.

If that app doesn't work, I can probably figure out how to make an system.ext2 and put it up for download.

everyone: Shutdown technically still doesn't work... but the 'shutdown' command from Android was replaced a couple weeks (?) ago with a 'reboot' command which does not cause the phone to hang. So that should be working.

Last edited by makkonen; 03-12-2010 at 02:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.