PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwill View Post
What I was describing wouldn't affect whether your xml files ran. I was responding to your question on how sashimi handles a soft-reset after a cab installation.

If you haven't used it already, start with Murducky's guide:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101422

Midway down the first post he has a discussion on UC setup, including the SDConfig.txt file. The sample file he gives already does what I indicated, by copying the shortcut file to the /Windows/Startup folder. If you do it this way, Sashimi should automatically resume after a soft-reset during cab installs.

Then you just need to delete the shortcut/link from the the Windows\Startup folder, which is done using deleteops.ini. deleteops.ini goes in SASHIMI\Program\INI.

The Sashimi.html file in the Sashimi Help directory describes deleteops.ini, and other aspects of setting up Sashimi.

Glen
THANK YOU!

Yes I read Murdducky's post front to back several times. I put his SDConfig in the SC Root. Unfortunately, none of my .cabs required a reset and I never put the deleteops.ini file where it should go. So I ran Sashimi after the 3/13 release. Everything was super sweet. It all set up correctly and everything was working great. A couple of hours later I reset my phone... the SDConfig file took action! It ran Sashimi again only Sashimi didn't remember that it had done all of that hours earlier. When it was done, I had two hotmail accounts and no way to delete either of them. For some reason when I selected delete from the account settings screen, both Hotmail accounts were greyed out. I had to hard reset.

Then I tried the SDConfig file that came with Sashimi 8.0.
DON'T DO IT!!
NRG ROM hung up on the UC setup phase every time and wouldn't go past it. I had to remove the battery and the Storage Card and hard reset. Then I deleted the SDConfig file and ran Sashimi from the autoinstaller.

I have to say that Sashimi is pretty cool. I think I want to get to know SDConfig a little better though. I think we could be pretty good friends. Couldn't I just put all the cabs I need in an SDConfig file? Is that how UC works? I like the code style so I have a better idea of what is actually happening. More reading posts!!!!

Is there a way to Sashimi my Opera home page and settings? In Murducky's thread he says to copy the Opera settings file, but will that put my websites in the home page as well? Time to test. I like flashing.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TITAN, RHODIUM
Carrier: VZW, Sprint

princeofppc is just getting started
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

i noticed since yesterday that once in a while if i navigate to couple of diff screens and then come back to the Settings tab, then click on the sound & display tab, the whole screen is empty other than the heading.

the only way to get the screen back is to restart the phone.

i don't have anyother cab files installed other than the march 13th nrg file.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:57 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
THANK YOU!

Yes I read Murdducky's post front to back several times. I put his SDConfig in the SC Root. Unfortunately, none of my .cabs required a reset and I never put the deleteops.ini file where it should go. So I ran Sashimi after the 3/13 release. Everything was super sweet. It all set up correctly and everything was working great. A couple of hours later I reset my phone... the SDConfig file took action! It ran Sashimi again only Sashimi didn't remember that it had done all of that hours earlier. When it was done, I had two hotmail accounts and no way to delete either of them. For some reason when I selected delete from the account settings screen, both Hotmail accounts were greyed out. I had to hard reset.

Then I tried the SDConfig file that came with Sashimi 8.0.
DON'T DO IT!!
NRG ROM hung up on the UC setup phase every time and wouldn't go past it. I had to remove the battery and the Storage Card and hard reset. Then I deleted the SDConfig file and ran Sashimi from the autoinstaller.

I have to say that Sashimi is pretty cool. I think I want to get to know SDConfig a little better though. I think we could be pretty good friends. Couldn't I just put all the cabs I need in an SDConfig file? Is that how UC works? I like the code style so I have a better idea of what is actually happening. More reading posts!!!!

Is there a way to Sashimi my Opera home page and settings? In Murducky's thread he says to copy the Opera settings file, but will that put my websites in the home page as well? Time to test. I like flashing.
Learn UC HERE

Here is a MortScript to backup Opera and other settings.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...2&d=1266350200

You can just read it as a text file to see what files it is taking.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:13 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

Enlighten me please. What is the difference in Max, and Cookie from the regular Sense? Not sure whih 21895 to choose out of the 3.....

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

fivestargentleman is just getting started

Anybody having issues with your text messages being an 1 hour ahead?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
learn uc here

here is a mortscript to backup opera and other settings.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...2&d=1266350200

you can just read it as a text file to see what files it is taking.
yes!!!!!

Thank you so much!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1

Acording to NRGZ28 Twitter,
"New ROMs uploading today... with a new theme about 7 hours ago via Digsby"
Has anyone downloaded those yet?

Last edited by gabbythe1; 03-15-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:22 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Acording to NRGZ28 Tweeter,
"New ROMs uploading today... with a new theme about 7 hours ago via Digsby"
Has anyone downloaded those yet?
anxiously awaiting to
Old 03-15-2010, 10:22 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
Enlighten me please. What is the difference in Max, and Cookie from the regular Sense? Not sure whih 21895 to choose out of the 3.....
Basically -
Max = highly customizable with page to set all options - or us UC like me..
Cookie = Tons of quick launch links / pages and many calendar items (configure with seperate app - included) or use UC like me..
Basic = It is what it is.

I would try all three if I were you.

Start with the basics to get a baseline and then pick the next option. You can always install Max or Cookie over the basic at a later time to try them out.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:26 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Basically -
Max = highly customizable with page to set all options - or us UC like me..
Cookie = Tons of quick launch links / pages and many calendar items (configure with seperate app - included) or use UC like me..
Basic = It is what it is.

I would try all three if I were you.

Start with the basics to get a baseline and then pick the next option. You can always install Max or Cookie over the basic at a later time to try them out.
Thanks, I will do that. I ran nothing but NRG from the beginning, recently I've been trying everything else out and now coming back to NRG so I'm a little out of the loop with NRG's ROMs

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development