PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!
Pocket PC: xv6800,xv6850(TP)xv6875(TP2),xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jdume
Re: WM 6.5 StartMenu_GridScene_240x320.cpr 4 column

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba View Post
I've made no changes to other files though and my file isn't useful unless someone already has the other required bits so I don't think double posting would be advisable.
What?
WM6.5 Dialer
If you like my work or if I helped you and would like to buy me a cup of coffe click HERE

Last edited by jdume; 03-23-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:19 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorris52 View Post
HEY JDUME DO YOU GETA BIOTOUCH EXE ERROR ON YOUR PHONE SOME TIMES? i GUESS IF I ACCIDENTLY SWIPE MY FINGER UPWARDS IT WILL DO THAT BUT I DON'T BE MEANING FOR IT TO HAPPEN. I WAS JUST CURIOUS BECAUSE THE MESSAGE DOES NOT GO AWAY UNLESS YOU SOFT RESET.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdume View Post
Same here bro has not happen for a bit now but I did get it 2 or 3 times.
You don't need Biotouch for 21193. The 6.5 scrolling works for everything in my rom without Biotouch, including swiping left/right to the next email folder.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
You don't need Biotouch for 21193. The 6.5 scrolling works for everything in my rom without Biotouch, including swiping left/right to the next email folder.
That's right, I forgot to mention that! Simply use this registry tweak for 6.5, so that the old TouchFLO scrolling is disabled:
Code:
; Disable old TouchFLO scrolling
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings]
"EnableScroll"=dword:0000000
Old 03-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I think this problem is only on the Vogue and what we do is put a dummy biotouch.exe in the windows directory and this esentually kills biotouch so you no longer get the error from swipeing your finger up or down witch would normaly call for the cube. I may be wrong.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!

Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

This is what I use awile back to kill biotouch found it over at xda. I think there is a txt file in one of them and it tells you the reg. entry to edit as well as replacing biotouch.exe and brn files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Disable Cube.zip (210.3 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip BRN Files.zip (1.38 MB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by jdume; 03-23-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdume View Post
This is what I use awile back to kill biotouch found it over at xda. I think there is a txt file in one of them and it tells you the reg. entry to edit as well as replacing biotouch.exe and brn files.

You guys are still using the Cube? This is all you need to do to disable that memory hog:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\TFLOSettings]
"EnableCube"=dword:0
However, this has nothing to do with the touch drivers. The registry entry I mentioned in my previous post enables the driver found in the SYS, and disables the touch.dll/biotouch.dll in the OEM folders.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache, Vogue, MotoQ
Carrier: Vzw

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
You guys are still using the Cube? This is all you need to do to disable that memory hog:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\TFLOSettings]
"EnableCube"=dword:0
However, this has nothing to do with the touch drivers. The registry entry I mentioned in my previous post enables the driver found in the SYS, and disables the touch.dll/biotouch.dll in the OEM folders.
This didn't come up because anyone is using the cube intentionally. It came up because I asked why an "up" gesture was causing a biotouch.exe error on one of the ROMs being distributed.

Thanks for the tip on eliminating it.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC THUNDERBOLT

yoda1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to yoda1 Send a message via MSN to yoda1 Send a message via Yahoo to yoda1

I just noticed something interesting....My builds do not have Titanium in them. This must be why I am not experiencing the same issues that you guys are discussing. My build shows "Windows Default" for the Today screen settings. And TouchFlo is not needed. The more unneeded files you cram into these builds, the slower the devices are going to run with 6.5.

So my question is, Why worry so much about the Titanium plug-in when it was designed to emulate the 6.5 Today screen prior to it being available to us???

Just thought I'd bring it up so we can get on to developing WinMo 6.5 to run as it was designed, and then move on to the extras.

You cannot add Nitrous Oxide to an engine with with 2 dead cylinders and expect it to run 9's in the quarter mile. So why add features to an OS that isn't running at 100% yet?....It isn't logical.

*****Signed: Tplane37.....{Yoda1 (Certified Microsoft Professional) is elbows deep adding some more mods to my PC, needed more monitors, RAM, HHD space, and changing out the audio card for 7.1 vs. 5.1 surround sound.}*****

Last edited by yoda1; 03-23-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

wdbanks is a n00b

Im really feelin this ROM...I like it alot. I have a few issues though. After I flashed it got stuck in the customizations and I had to soft reset. this happened twice as I flashed the ROM again to see if that would help. Also I have not gotten the internet to connect. A little insight on how to make this work would be helpful.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda1 View Post
I just noticed something interesting....My builds do not have Titanium in them. This must be why I am not experiencing the same issues that you guys are discussing. My build shows "Windows Default" for the Today screen settings. And TouchFlo is not needed. The more unneeded files you cram into these builds, the slower the devices are going to run with 6.5.

So my question is, Why worry so much about the Titanium plug-in when it was designed to emulate the 6.5 Today screen prior to it being available to us???

Just thought I'd bring it up so we can get on to developing WinMo 6.5 to run as it was designed, and then move on to the extras.

You cannot add Nitrous Oxide to an engine with with 2 dead cylinders and expect it to run 9's in the quarter mile. So why add features to an OS that isn't running at 100% yet?....It isn't logical.

*****Signed: Tplane37.....{Yoda1 (Certified Microsoft Professional) is elbows deep adding some more mods to my PC, needed more monitors, RAM, HHD space, and changing out the audio card for 7.1 vs. 5.1 surround sound.}*****
I agree......is this why your name is Yoda? Because you are the old wise one and you bring everyone back to reality?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software