PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

That answered my Q bout the batch file functionality, now I think I just need a better understanding of how the kitchen works. the kitchen I'm plannin on using, unless neone has better suggestions, is

"Wm6.5 Visual Kitchen!!!!! Ok this is an all new kitchen and way better than the other one, Its the same kitchen that DA-G uses over at XDA witch is where we get all these wm6.5 builds. It will take some getting use to but its well worth it trust me"

that jdume put up a while back which appears to be ervius based, supposedly derived specifically for the Titan, which is why i thought it'd be a good idea. don't know if there's something newer/better tho. also i have some research to do to understand how to port, patch, n work with xip's/msxip kernal jazz for this,

Last edited by MassStash; 08-27-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
I can, but my VK files are 192DPI only. It appears most of the guys that use my PPCKitchen files for other kitchens use them for 96DPI devices which I don't have a VK kitchen for
hehe...guess i was just thinking mostly for myself on that once since i would need the 192DPI files too lol
Old 08-27-2009, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch xl & Diamond
Carrier: Movistar

humrod is becoming a great contributor

Hey guys: anyone knows where i can look for a tutorial or something to start in change the 192DPI files (for example) to 96DPI files?
I was googeling without any result, and searching the forums....
Old 08-27-2009, 08:35 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by humrod View Post
Hey guys: anyone knows where i can look for a tutorial or something to start in change the 192DPI files (for example) to 96DPI files?
I was googeling without any result, and searching the forums....
Apparently, Da_G has created his own utilities to do that. He has not given them out as far as I know. Other than that, I don't know.

On a completely unrelated note, I believe I was finally able to port XIPs using nothing but the RAW MSXIPKernel files. (no true xip.bin as donor) I will test on my Touch Pro when I get a chance. The good news on this is that sometimes, we don't get a nice little XIP for porting with a release, and the XIP's that platformrebuilder creates do NOT port well at all. This is good news for PPCKitchen users who don't get a build due to lack of XIP.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

can neone help me out with 21844 titan oem/msxipkernel while i'm attempting to learn and comprehend the complexity
Old 08-27-2009, 09:57 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
can neone help me out with 21844 titan oem/msxipkernel while i'm attempting to learn and comprehend the complexity
Exactly what do you need help with? Indagroove has a nice little post about xips over at everythingdiamond.com ->http://www.everythingdiamond.info/sh...79&postcount=2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

mettercomputers is keeping up the good workmettercomputers is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Apparently, Da_G has created his own utilities to do that. He has not given them out as far as I know. Other than that, I don't know.

On a completely unrelated note, I believe I was finally able to port XIPs using nothing but the RAW MSXIPKernel files. (no true xip.bin as donor) I will test on my Touch Pro when I get a chance. The good news on this is that sometimes, we don't get a nice little XIP for porting with a release, and the XIP's that platformrebuilder creates do NOT port well at all. This is good news for PPCKitchen users who don't get a build due to lack of XIP.
thanks for all your help in the past if you need someone to test this with a titan shoot me a line.
Current ROM 21914 Sense 2.5.2016
Old 08-27-2009, 10:35 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mettercomputers View Post
thanks for all your help in the past if you need someone to test this with a titan shoot me a line.
Actually, I just cooked ROM up on my Touch Pro with one of the manually ported XIPs from nothing but the MSIXIPKernel and it booted! So, gimme a sec, and I'll post a Titan XIP. It's for 23030, but I used 23028 as the SYS base with no problem. I deleted my 23030 SYS base so that's why I used the 23028. But if you still have 23030, use that.

I'll post a Titan for 23030 in a minute here on this post, If you want to check it, that would be cool.

UPDATE: Ok, here it is. Just edit your PPCK build files accordingly
Attached Files
File Type: rar Titan_23030_test_xip.rar (891.0 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by joojoobee666; 08-27-2009 at 10:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Exactly what do you need help with? Indagroove has a nice little post about xips over at everythingdiamond.com ->http://www.everythingdiamond.info/sh...79&postcount=2
that'll help. i was just wondering if neone had one made up already.
anyone else running 21844? if so what's your take on it. seems extremely speedy but can't tell if there's a bad memory leak or not.

Last edited by MassStash; 08-27-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

mettercomputers is keeping up the good workmettercomputers is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Actually, I just cooked ROM up on my Touch Pro with one of the manually ported XIPs from nothing but the MSIXIPKernel and it booted! So, gimme a sec, and I'll post a Titan XIP. It's for 23030, but I used 23028 as the SYS base with no problem. I deleted my 23030 SYS base so that's why I used the 23028. But if you still have 23030, use that.

I'll post a Titan for 23030 in a minute here on this post, If you want to check it, that would be cool.

UPDATE: Ok, here it is. Just edit your PPCK build files accordingly
Appears to work here Keep up the great work

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software