PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 04:14 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Just one more fire to put out.

When I go to settings, personal, phone options, under the services, I can enable GPS, but hitting OK does nothing. So I cant get out of the screen.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

try hitting the "back" or "home" button...?

*that's strange b/c i just went in to test, and when i hit "ok" from location settings it seems to accept the setting, & close the window...

have you soft reset recently..?

Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 PM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
try hitting the "back" or "home" button...?

*that's strange b/c i just went in to test, and when i hit "ok" from location settings it seems to accept the setting, & close the window...

have you soft reset recently..?
You can do that but if you go back to that settings page it open where you left off and you can't get back to the selection page.

Soft reset gets everything back but once you go in to phone services and change one you can't get back out again.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:48 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

This is a major problem, IMO.

I'm not sure where/how to address it, but I know some other Omnia chefs are having similar issues.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:38 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Just one more fire to put out.

When I go to settings, personal, phone options, under the services, I can enable GPS, but hitting OK does nothing. So I cant get out of the screen.

Any suggestions?
I've had that issue myself, long ago. It turned out that I had Slot 0 overruns caused too many modules (this was WELL before most of of understood the basic's of module allocation) Recmodding things is how we fixed it. I'm talking back in like the 21202 era, lol. I don't know if it's the same cause (probably not) for you, but it's the same symptom.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 08-13-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

no werd on 23019 then eh?? is this just rumored, or still comin down the pipeline?

btw, flashed back to 23017 after 23025, n it's ridiculously responsive n fast. so much i found myself wondering if it had been this nice the first time i flashed it days ago lol
Old 08-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

welp released my first rom, thanks to all the help and ifno in this thread. you guys rock!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio

yardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
The other option you have is to us XIPPort.exe. Get a xip.bin for your device. Put your xip.bin in the same fodler as XIPPort.exe, run XIPPort.exe and clic kon dump xip.bin. Then, click on "make pkgs". Once that is done, you will have a folder called OUT, and under each of those, 2 folders called MSXIPKernel and OEMXIPKernel. Grab the folders and files out of each of the OEMXIPkernel folders, ignoring the txt files and put them in the same folder. VOILA! You now have the OEMXIPKernel you desire.

But maybe this all begs the next question, why are you looking for this?
Just make sure I get right:
  1. Under the OUT folder there are two subfolders FILES and MODULES
  2. In the both the FILES and MODULES there are 5 subfolders namely LangDB, MSXIPKernel, MSXIPKernelLTK,OEMXIPKernel and WinCENLS_WWE
  3. I copied the contents from the two OEMXIPKernel folders in FILES AND MODULES to one folder excluding the *.txt files. Done
Is that right?

If you were helped by anyone, show some appreciation, click the thanks button.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:09 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardi4life View Post
Just make sure I get right:
  1. Under the OUT folder there are two subfolders FILES and MODULES
  2. In the both the FILES and MODULES there are 5 subfolders namely LangDB, MSXIPKernel, MSXIPKernelLTK,OEMXIPKernel and WinCENLS_WWE
  3. I copied the contents from the two OEMXIPKernel folders in FILES AND MODULES to one folder excluding the *.txt files. Done
Is that right?
Yep, sounds right to me.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
no werd on 23019 then eh??
It was just a rumour!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software