PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Does anyone have the link to the ppck developer files? The link was posted a while ago, and I've tried searching for it, but I guess I dont know what it was called. I can't find it anywhere.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:05 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRACING View Post
Ok got it.

I use spb benchmark. Before converting modules to files ( Untouched SYS ), The overall performance in benchmark report was 265 but the ezinput caused problems so I had convert modules inside IE packages to files and in benchmark report overall performance gone 1 step down thats 264.

And also as I'm using yours source now, in benchmark report overall performance is 263.

So that mean converting modules to files, makes the OS slower.

However, I'm low in these slots, (Re)allocation and etc.

Best Regards
Well, I would say that the performance difference is practically NIL and having more free VM space in Slot 0 would be more important. What good does a slight increase in performance do if the application you want to run does not run due to the VM contraints? (i.e. Slot 0 is to full and therefore only has a few MB's to run apps instead of the approximate 29MB instead if it were to be entireley empty minus some of the XIP stuff). Of course this all mainly applies to the 6.1 kernel as WMReloc and platform rebuilder will fill Slot 1, then 0. But the 6.5 kernel allows them to fill up slot s 1,60,61 then 0. So you have an extra 64MB of module allocation space. Basically with 6.1, we only have 32MB of allocation since we really shouldn't be using 0.

The performance COULD be related to the fact that MORE of the modules have to be dynamically loaded from the flash into ram, as opposed to eXecuting In Place (XIP)?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:41 AM
FCW
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hermes using my own 6.5 23009
Carrier: orange

FCW is a n00b

hey guys just wondering if anyone has had this problem. out of the 3 latest 230xx builds i have found that 23024 boots and 23024 and 23028 dont even though im using the 6.5 nk.exe for my device (hermes)

with the 23024 build sms works properly for a change so i havent had to change the redist lang folder but the shell folder needed changing as cabs themes and active sync didnt work. i got these from 23028.
after changing them and getting all that working there was still and issue with the start menu and the gridscene files that i replaced with the files also from 23028.

so after all that all should have been well but now the phone crashes when i use the the toucscreen to scroll down through the start menu. Using the d-pad it works fine.

could this be a bug with the new files? maybe the touch recogniser.dll? any pointers
Old 08-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Airtel

sendhiloo7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by humrod View Post
here you are!

Thanks very much
Old 08-17-2009, 11:46 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrorob View Post
hey just curious any way you have or could make something along the lines of a super-reversmode? it be way nice to be able to do both using the send to menu..
Yes, good idea!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Wizard, HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

CRACING is keeping up the good workCRACING is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to CRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Well, I would say that the performance difference is practically NIL and having more free VM space in Slot 0 would be more important. What good does a slight increase in performance do if the application you want to run does not run due to the VM contraints? (i.e. Slot 0 is to full and therefore only has a few MB's to run apps instead of the approximate 29MB instead if it were to be entireley empty minus some of the XIP stuff). Of course this all mainly applies to the 6.1 kernel as WMReloc and platform rebuilder will fill Slot 1, then 0. But the 6.5 kernel allows them to fill up slot s 1,60,61 then 0. So you have an extra 64MB of module allocation space. Basically with 6.1, we only have 32MB of allocation since we really shouldn't be using 0.

The performance COULD be related to the fact that MORE of the modules have to be dynamically loaded from the flash into ram, as opposed to eXecuting In Place (XIP)?
Yeah your right. A lil difference in benchmark doesn't do much in usage.

Thanks for the detailed infos.

Best Regards

!!! Use 'search' before posting your queries | Post in the correct sections !!!
!!! Read here about how to ask a question | Do not spam the board | Respect others !!!

Panasonic GD90 ► Sony Ericsson J230i ► Motorola W220 ► O2 Ice ► HTC Wizard ► HTC Raphael
Old 08-17-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch xl & Diamond
Carrier: Movistar

humrod is becoming a great contributor

I remember a post about to reduce the bars size in the post 23022 sys, but i just can't found it.
If someone remebers where is or close to...
Thanks in advance
Old 08-17-2009, 05:24 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartin72 View Post
Does anyone have the link to the ppck developer files? The link was posted a while ago, and I've tried searching for it, but I guess I dont know what it was called. I can't find it anywhere.

Yup, here ya go. http://www.ppckitchen.org/Downloads/...s.Unsupported/
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616

is there a way to take just the "ok" button being in the bottom left corner out of the new 23028 build? I got the build to boot, but couldn't get it to change from the aqua/teal colored 6.1 looking theme, and activsync wouldn't connect. The only real reason I want to upgrade is to have the ok button being moved to the lower left corner
Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball1616 View Post
is there a way to take just the "ok" button being in the bottom left corner out of the new 23028 build? I got the build to boot, but couldn't get it to change from the aqua/teal colored 6.1 looking theme, and activsync wouldn't connect. The only real reason I want to upgrade is to have the ok button being moved to the lower left corner
rock someones 23028 the works better perhaps?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software