PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 09:00 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by minh View Post
Please post picture about what was fix:Fixed Magnifier and "Personal" settings icons.room creat from your file but no WM6.5 theme.Thank in advance
Did you use PPKitchen to cook the ROM or some other kitchen? If you used those files in another kitchen, the attributes on the files need fixed. There is a link in the 23037 PPCkitchen file post that tells you what needs to be done here ->http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=7065

FYI to all, I've updated that post with a batch file that can be run on the SYS and DPI folders BEFORE cooking so no modifications need to be done to a non PPCKitchen kitchen.

As far as the magnifier fix and "Personal" settings icon fix, all that has been done is that the magnifier that comes with the newer builds has been disabled by default (a zoom window comes up on double tap if enabled) and the "Personal" settings icons fix is making sure all the icons show up in the Settings\Personal control panel. By default, on the new builds, the only icon that shows up is the "Buttons" icon. The fix was to make sure that the "Input", "Owner Information" and "Phone" icons are back.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hermes
Carrier: mobiphone

minh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
It has been posted here and in XDA before. Search both the threads, and you will find out. Here is the XDA thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544445
thank i know about it but i wonder what is your SYS you reupload fix what error.please describe it more clearly
Old 08-27-2009, 10:10 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

@minh, check the post of above your last post. The last paragraph DOES describe what was fixed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:36 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

PPCKitchen 23037 post was updated with Da_G's 96DPI if anyone wants.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=7343
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

is that batch file there? or am i just overlooking it. been using ppck for ever n been thinkin about using Jdumes visual kitchen for titan because i hear how "better" it is. so i was thinkin bout doin' a lil homework n figureing out how to use it properly. sounds like the batch file would be amazing to have so i could just convert your ppck files.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
"Personal" settings icons fix is making sure all the icons show up in the Settings\Personal control panel. By default, on the new builds, the only icon that shows up is the "Buttons" icon. The fix was to make sure that the "Input", "Owner Information" and "Phone" icons are back.
joojoobee666, I'm sure this is a dumb question, but where in the SYS do you delete the 'redirect' value to fix the Personal settings. Also, are the hardware volume keys just made to show the new drop-down menu now? Finally, is it better to use the stock volume control (vs the HTC ones)? It seems like the in-call volume does not work with the HTC one. Thanks for the help...I had been sticking with 23016, so I'm still trying to learn about the newer builds.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:51 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
is that batch file there? or am i just overlooking it. been using ppck for ever n been thinkin about using Jdumes visual kitchen for titan because i hear how "better" it is. so i was thinkin bout doin' a lil homework n figureing out how to use it properly. sounds like the batch file would be amazing to have so i could just convert your ppck files.
It's an attachment on that post here, I just verified.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
It's an attachment on that post here, I just verified.
thank you sir, was lookin at the wrong post
Old 08-27-2009, 11:42 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
joojoobee666, I'm sure this is a dumb question, but where in the SYS do you delete the 'redirect' value to fix the Personal settings. Also, are the hardware volume keys just made to show the new drop-down menu now? Finally, is it better to use the stock volume control (vs the HTC ones)? It seems like the in-call volume does not work with the HTC one. Thanks for the help...I had been sticking with 23016, so I'm still trying to learn about the newer builds.
The registry keys in question are discussed in this post from Da_G at XDA. As far as where they are in the SYS, the magnifier key is right near the top in the OS package's d0b41563-b345-4444-aa15-986e7c7fff99.rgu file, the Redirects are about 3/4 of the way down in the Shell package's 1f1aca24-d942-464a-9281-10567741499c.rgu file.

As far as HTC volume, a friend said that it started working again in 23034 (I haven't tried myself) but ONLY if you use the HTC dialer, which only works properly in portrait mode.

The volume buttons on the side have been HARDCODED to do that and there is no work around that I am aware of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
thank you sir, was lookin at the wrong post
No prob, let us know how it works

Last edited by joojoobee666; 08-27-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit360 View Post
how i fix attributes before cook ? changing it manually is bit difficult.
'Hey Ankit, the batch files in my kitchen has the code to change attributes. If you need it, i can upload.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software