PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 11:48 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mettercomputers View Post
Appears to work here Keep up the great work
Thanks for verifying that for me, that seals the deal!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

can/does it need to, the msxipkernel be spinlocked for VK??

@joojoo, i put the sys attributes fixer uper in sys root, n drug the 21844 folder into it. upon this, i got a whole bunk of could not finds.... still work, just goofy, or defiantly puking n me doin somthing incorrect? also, starting to get a handle on the xip thing. correct me if i'm wrong, but getting the 21844 msxipkernel from the gene forum is not a problem at all right? if i used a gene oemxipkernel, i'd brick right?

and i just saw 21847's common n xip over at the gene forum too, neone know what's goin on with that??

Last edited by MassStash; 08-28-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

JooJoo, does this mean that the 23037 files will use the new xip now?

Thanks
Old 08-28-2009, 03:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is anyone having major performance issues with the 23xxx series of 6.5. Any build i cook into my rom has a huge lag, as in with 6.1, i click a button, and boom it does its thing. In 6.5, I click, and its 10-30 seconds to do its thing. Any ideas. I have recmodded to keep slot 0 empty, as I have no 6.5 nk.exe. Im stuck....
Old 08-28-2009, 03:44 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
Is anyone having major performance issues with the 23xxx series of 6.5. Any build i cook into my rom has a huge lag, as in with 6.1, i click a button, and boom it does its thing. In 6.5, I click, and its 10-30 seconds to do its thing. Any ideas. I have recmodded to keep slot 0 empty, as I have no 6.5 nk.exe. Im stuck....
23xxx builds are actually faster than any other 6.5 for me. There could be so many things causing the lag, its hard to say since i dont know what kitchen your using what oems, etc.
Best way is to cook a bare rom, with no added apps, then start adding things back in and see if you can narrow down the cause of the lag.
Also are you recmoding Netcf browsing browsingcore adobeflash and the other required ones? Also optimizing your xip will help a lot.
have any other 6.5 sys ran fine for you?

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 08-28-2009 at 03:50 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
Well i wont say its that slow for me, even on my 201 Mhz Omap 850 based Gene. But yes, the 23xxx branch is a bit heavy on memory and slow in performance if compared to 218xx, the COM2 branch. Right now, the builds 21840 and 21844 have snappier performance and it seems that since feature list is complete for this branch with no additions or removal of features taking place, the builds are being optimized now for performance. Its getting better with each build. So if you want the highest performance possible with WM 6.5, try COM2 branch builds. These dont have the new UI features that have now appeared in COM3, but you'll get your speed, i hope.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:52 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
can/does it need to, the msxipkernel be spinlocked for VK??

@joojoo, i put the sys attributes fixer uper in sys root, n drug the 21844 folder into it. upon this, i got a whole bunk of could not finds.... still work, just goofy, or defiantly puking n me doin somthing incorrect? also, starting to get a handle on the xip thing. correct me if i'm wrong, but getting the 21844 msxipkernel from the gene forum is not a problem at all right? if i used a gene oemxipkernel, i'd brick right?

and i just saw 21847's common n xip over at the gene forum too, neone know what's goin on with that??
That's normal as far as the errors on the batch file. It's set to look for certain file names, some can probably be removed (like the manilla lines, since Touch Flo won't be in the SYS). Safely ignore

As far as the MSXIPKernel, it doesn't matter WHERE/WHAT device you grab it from, but using the OEMXIPKernel will more than likely not brick your device, but just won't work. Better to just not try it though

Last edited by joojoobee666; 08-28-2009 at 09:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
JooJoo, does this mean that the 23037 files will use the new xip now?

Thanks
No, nothing changes on the XIP's, it's just that I can now get them created without a donor xip.bin. I can make them with nothing but the MSXIPKernel files.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
23xxx builds are actually faster than any other 6.5 for me. There could be so many things causing the lag, its hard to say since i dont know what kitchen your using what oems, etc.
Best way is to cook a bare rom, with no added apps, then start adding things back in and see if you can narrow down the cause of the lag.
Also are you recmoding Netcf browsing browsingcore adobeflash and the other required ones? Also optimizing your xip will help a lot.
have any other 6.5 sys ran fine for you?
i was wondering what you meant by optimizing the XIP. how do you do that?
Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball1616 View Post
i was wondering what you meant by optimizing the XIP. how do you do that?
A few things you can do that I am aware of (I know the question wasn't directed at me. One is to remove unnecessary modules to make it smaller. The next thing you can do is pack the XIP by tightening all the free space and relocating nk.exe and messing with the romhdr.bin. There are some other things I have seen people doing such as compressing the XIP but I haven't looked a whole lot into that.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software