PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 07:01 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_about_technology View Post
Do you mean that keeping cachefilt.dll in the xip causes slower read/writes of SD Cards? How can that be? Why would Microsoft put such file in the OS then? No offence intended buddy, i am just a bit confused.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa918612.aspx

I allows you to use disk caching, without it you cannot cache and it is well known that caching can improve performance. So it is NOT necessary, but I would recommend leaving it in if you have the room in the XIP.

No offense taken
Old 06-26-2009, 07:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_about_technology View Post
Do you mean that keeping cachefilt.dll in the xip causes slower read/writes of SD Cards? How can that be? Why would Microsoft put such file in the OS then? No offence intended buddy, i am just a bit confused.

no i think he means if you remove it, it will slow read/write, on a side note i have no gray backgrounds
Old 06-26-2009, 07:18 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy395 View Post
Hi mate thanks for your sharing os an xip's, I used your sys and xip's to port to charmer and no gray probs so I think it must be something in your OEM's that causes this But you could run ui tweek.cab mentioned a fue pages ago and make a new OEM_ with reg entries from device and cook it in all builds
just a thought
regards
swampy395
heres the color reg from my 96dpi QVGA hope it helps
heres a cab too
I don't know if this will work as i'v not had gray prob
Thanks, that color reg tricked worked fine for me on 21815 so I guess I just need to look and see if I can get a clean build to work and go from there. It must be something in my OEM's and you have given me confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Riddle me this....

Is there a updated version of MS office in the newer builds ? I set up 21815 and 21820 in PPCkitchen and all that is listed is office 6.1. Wondering if there was a updated (maybe new features) versions of Word, Excel, PPT, etc that I am missing by installing the 6.1 versions.

If there is a new version, does someone have a cab ?
There is a new version, but they have been removed from the SYS files I posted since they would cause a conflict in PPCKitchen. Also, I don't think there is really any change per se. It still looks the same...

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-26-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Wizard, HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

CRACING is keeping up the good workCRACING is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to CRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Here's a nice bug I found in 21820.....I can not copy a file from a flash card (MicroSD that I have been using all along) to the device. I will select copy on a file, go to a folder on the device and No paste listed. Can copy files on the device and files on the card but, not from one to the other...

To note on 21820... About shows 21819 (build 21820.5.0.40) as well....Still getting grey backgrounds on some themes
Yeah, I had this same problem yesterday on build 21819/21820. After softreboot, it got fixed. Until now, never faced again.

Grey background is on some themes too ( mostly the themes comes with sys ), my own made theme doesn't have such problem.

Best Regards

!!! Use 'search' before posting your queries | Post in the correct sections !!!
!!! Read here about how to ask a question | Do not spam the board | Respect others !!!

Panasonic GD90 ► Sony Ericsson J230i ► Motorola W220 ► O2 Ice ► HTC Wizard ► HTC Raphael
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:41 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoiden View Post
thanks but did not work
g reloc giving me problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
You should be using WMReloc instead. Also, if you do NOT have a native 6.5 you should make sure all modules in browsingie are reccmodded.
Exactly - I am using wmreloc and it works fine. I also already have the browsingie and a couple others recmodded already so you shouldn't have to worry about that. Attached is the g'reloc and wmreloc that I use.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RELOC_Tools.zip (280.8 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: GSM Diamond BlueAngel Himalaya Charmer
Carrier: orange uk

swampy395 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularswampy395 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularswampy395 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Thanks, that color reg tricked worked fine for me on 21815 so I guess I just need to look and see if I can get a clean build to work and go from there. It must be something in my OEM's and you have given me confirmation.

There is a new version, but they have been removed from the SYS files I posted since they would cause a conflict in PPCKitchen. Also, I don't think there is really any change per se. It still looks the same...
Hi mate your welcome glad i could give a little back

If i want to find a reg entry I use search *.RGU on kitchen, then copy all the *.rgu's to a empty folder, run a dos prompt ren *.rgu *.txt then use search "a word or phrase in the file: on that folder say "color" It could be in a sys *.rgu?? I build my rom's with color themes Black, Blue, Green, Red, so that may be y I never had gray prob
Old 06-26-2009, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Wizard, HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

CRACING is keeping up the good workCRACING is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to CRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy395 View Post
Hi mate your welcome glad i could give a little back

If i want to find a reg entry I use search *.RGU on kitchen, then copy all the *.rgu's to a empty folder, run a dos prompt ren *.rgu *.txt then use search "a word or phrase in the file: on that folder say "color" It could be in a sys *.rgu?? I build my rom's with color themes Black, Blue, Green, Red, so that may be y I never had gray prob
Hmm, I think I should help a little.

Import these reg files to your computer registry and you can use windows search to search tags on rgu and/or reg files. Like you search text in txt files. FYI, reboot the system or explorer.exe is must.

Works fine on any windows. From Win95 to Win7

Enjoy and don't forget to click THANKS

Best Regards
Attached Files
File Type: zip RGU_REG_search.zip (401 Bytes, 43 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:29 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRACING View Post
Hmm, I think I should help a little.

Import these reg files to your computer registry and you can use windows search to search tags on rgu and/or reg files. Like you search text in txt files. FYI, reboot the system or explorer.exe is must.

Works fine on any windows. From Win95 to Win7

Enjoy and don't forget to click THANKS

Best Regards
That looks pretty cool, unfortunately I hate windows search and use the search built into Directory Opus. I trust it's results much better (albeit slower) and it gets the crap beat out of it with my kitchen folders on a regular basis.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-26-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:02 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Update. I found my problem and it WASN'T an rgu. I copied over an older a mxipcold_wpc_2.provxml to my OEM that does most of my customizations, totally forgot about it.

I cooked a clean ROM, no problem. My first suspicion was my personal settings oem, so I cooked another with it in and BAM....frickin gray. As soon as I looked in the folder to see what could be wrong, there it was, mxipcold_wpc_2.provxml staring at me with soulful puppy dog eyes.

"Please, don't delete me! I've been good to you!" it said.

"No you haven't", I disdainfully replied.

What can I say, I'm a cold, heartless bastard. And why it didn't cause any issues with 21815 is unknown to me

FYI, it had all "A"s for the values of the new keys.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-26-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

@joojoobee666: Well, thats what i was saying. Keeping the file improves performance, not removing it. I always cook my XIP with it. From your last post, i misunderstood that removing this file will cause performance gains

Last edited by krazy_about_technology; 06-26-2009 at 03:29 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software